New singles for Last Exile 2 and Tamayura - official previews out

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
jason

RE: New singles for Last Exile 2 and Tamayura - official previews out

Post by jason »

sachia wrote:
dillpops wrote: LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one sucked into K-pop recently!!
lol but you have to admit that K-pop is seriously addicting^^
Not for me... in fact I don't like the vast majority of pop music (regardless of where it's from). Anyways back to topic.

dillpops, you listen to full version of Buddy?
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It's not bad, I think it'll grow on me. It definitely sounds better in higher quality with some nice speakers than it did in the previews. I think if she goes in this direction rather than the 'something little'/'mizuumi'/boring direction it can only be a good thing.

I think I'll go listen to some SHINee while I wait for the photobook to be released a week on Monday :P

But yeah, the high quality and full length made it sound a lot better than the preview!
Last edited by dillpops on 2011-09-16 08:14, edited 1 time in total.
sachia

Post by sachia »

dillpops wrote: It's not bad, I think it'll grow on me. It definitely sounds better in higher quality with some nice speakers than it did in the previews. I think if she goes in this direction rather than the 'something little'/'mizuumi'/boring direction it can only be a good thing.

I think I'll go listen to some SHINee while I wait for the photobook to be released a week on Monday :P

But yeah, the high quality and full length made it sound a lot better than the preview!
and maybe you'll become a Shawol(SHINee's fan) like me^^
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
jason

Post by jason »

dillpops wrote: It's not bad, I think it'll grow on me. It definitely sounds better in higher quality with some nice speakers than it did in the previews. I think if she goes in this direction rather than the 'something little'/'mizuumi'/boring direction it can only be a good thing.
If you haven't listened to (much) School Food Punishment stuff before, Buddy reminds me of their song futuristic imagination. A couple of my favorite tracks from SFP's lastest cds include Ura Omote and Slide Show. To be honest, it's harder for me to choose favorites with their music than Maaya's. ;)
On a somewhat random note, did anyone else get CD Japan's latest anime newsletter and notice they used the Buddy LE cover art in it? That made me smile. :)
Last edited by jason on 2011-09-16 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

sachia wrote:

Haha, I might not be a super fan but I did go wait for them outside Abbey Road Studios when they came to London.

EDIT: She played Okaerinasai in full last night! Maybe we'll be able to hear it soon ^^
Last edited by dillpops on 2011-09-17 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

dillpops wrote:
sachia wrote:

Haha, I might not be a super fan but I did go wait for them outside Abbey Road Studios when they came to London.

EDIT: She played Okaerinasai in full last night! Maybe we'll be able to hear it soon ^^
(I like some of their songs (specially from their last album) But I can't seem to like them as a group... I'm more of a BigBang fan XD) I think the addictive thing about K-pop are all of the live performances and variety shows they attend.. It's so different from what we get from Maaya, specially in the begining when she didn't even release Music Videos, and even now where she doesn't even do appeareaces en japanese music shows like Music Station or heyx3

Ooh I want to hear Okaerinasai full version!! I hope we get some recording soon :)
Last edited by Li_Nickole on 2011-09-17 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Hmm, I think it's probably best not to even mention Maaya and K-pop in the same sentence ^^;;; really not comparable. But Johnny's vs. K-pop boy bands = go ahead!
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

LOL XD I'm not comparing their music.. not even close XD
I was just comparing the PR XD
I remember when I was younger I felt so frustrated because I couldn'd find any Maaya perfomances and they were all hidden in the internet XD At least now we have Youtube and her DVD but I remember how my friends teased me because I like j-pop and there wasn't even a lot of stuff from my favourite singer in comparison with another j-pop artist :P

Each day I go back to Maaya & Kanno (together or separately) I realize that they are on another league XD
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

lol.... the talk about maaya vs boy bands/girl bands or should i say, boy dance groups and girl dance groups. If it come to this topic, i should really pay attention to whom i'm talking to. Not just maaya actually.. but also for all musicians with crazy amount of talents but receive minimum light spot. I've mentioned once to a girl about how easy arashi were gaining sale during their massive year 1 or 2 years ago, something like, "how come any release they made could went that big". And something like "there are others who deserves more".. She said im just jealous and we rarely talk to each other since then ^^;; There are some devoted fans who can't get anything beside praises to their band. Not that i hate Arashi. They're still quite good imo if compared with some other boy band who can't even sing.

Now i'm just thinking that it's not something to be argued about. Let them with their popularity and just enjoy maaya, chihiro, triplane (name of some of my fave artists) as if it's exclusive for certain people like me ^^

Yet, anyway not all of my fave musician get minimum exposure. Heck, mr.children is still one of the biggest act in japan even now and i'm glad that many people are still sane lol.

And do we have a full version of Okaerinasai already? I'm already excited to hear the rest XD
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-09-18 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Aria

Post by Aria »

kirei_lanford wrote: Now i'm just thinking that it's not something to be argued about. Let them with their popularity and just enjoy maaya, chihiro, triplane (name of some of my fave artists) as if it's exclusive for certain people like me ^^
That's a really nice way of thinking about it! Sometimes I get a bit disheartened that Maaya doesn't get so much media coverage (so I was really excited when YCCM made #1 and she was interviewed a lot x3) but as long as there are music videos and dvds and essay books, I am more than content.

Buddy didn't make a strong first impression but it's definitely grown on me now! After listening to it again and again, I can't get it out of my head!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

hahah true aria. In my country, not many people know maaya but from the maaya lovers i knew, they're truly devoted fans :)

buddy means only two things: gothic and bass line XD
ps: the guitar synch in the beginning was interesting too. thumbs up for the arranger (SFP)

btw, just notice that okaerinasai's cover is also out... such wonderful scenery... venice nee.... made me remember to aria (anime).
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-09-19 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

XD Since I have a vast kind of music that I like, I've learned to differenciate groups that I like that are not that good, and groups/artists that I like that are amazing XD
I've learned to just go with how the music makes me feel and I've gotten quite surprised afterwards...

For example I've always loved female voices much more than males, and that's why Maaya is my favourite singer, because she has a pure voice... So when I started to like BigBang I was like.. WTH?? I've never liked a boyband in my life! And rap was like almost at the bottom of my music choice.. But I couldn't go against what my body and soul was telling me, so I got into them and then I discovered they wrote their own songs, which was a pleasant surprise XD Even though I don't find their music genious or of great depth, I've realised that they make me happy XD

Still Maaya's and Kanno's music (as I've said earlier) are my gold standard when it comes to music....
And I'm really liking the path Maaya has been taking recently :)
Last edited by Li_Nickole on 2011-09-20 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I really can't wait for Okaerinasai to come out in full (**)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

me too.... and the album too. Get ready for full doze at the end of this year... XD

Two singles in october. That's like maaya giving a birthday gift for me.. :P
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-09-24 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

full song, okaerinasai.. listening it... liking what i heard so far...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbRjh4wje9E

edit: it's lovely :heart:
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-09-24 13:21, edited 1 time in total.