NEWS: Voice Cast Members Maaya Sakamoto, Kenichi Suzumura Marry

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

RE: NEWS: Voice Cast Members Maaya Sakamoto, Kenichi Suzumura Marry

Post by dillpops »

kirei_lanford wrote:

@dilly
i've thought that utopia has something to do with current condition (it's real imo). i just didn't get the contradiction between the beginning of the song and the middle part. i mean between (from freckle's site):

"how have you been doing? where are you in this city?
i'm sure i can't see you again"
and
"because i'm going home to next to you now
preparing hot things, we'll eat"
Ah, but if you see after the first part, it says that all the loves she has had in days gone by have been so she can meet with the person she's with now. So she's wondering how some old boyfriend is doing BUT she understands that it was all for a reason, and that reason is the guy she is with and is going home to ^_________^

Sounds like a keeper to me!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

so she was referring to different persons.. i see.
"it's different from the future i'd imagined"

"You can't save the world.
But as there is a unique piece in me"
maybe not her dream guy, but perhaps her last destination..

so the real clue was topia's lyric afterall :)
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
deltafour

Post by deltafour »

Hey, I think I was off by a year, guys, so no prize for me. I did say she'd announce it by the time she turns 31, which was this past March. :)

It's been a long weekend, so I just got caught up with the thread now. I'm so happy Maaya's finally found someone (and has the freedom to talk about it)! I don't know anything about the groom, but I hope he gives her all the love and respect she deserves, and I hope their marriage is a joyful and blessed one. I also love the way Maaya announced it on her site: simply, concisely, and without a lot of fanfare. Very Maaya-like.

ご結婚おめでとうございます!
http://sakamotomaaya.com/ (Collected translations of Maaya Sakamoto news, essays, interviews, and articles)
#F!

Post by #F! »

From: http://www.tokyohive.com/2011/08/sakamo ... a-kenichi/
It’s been announced that singer/voice actress Sakamoto Maaya and voice actor Suzumura Kenichi got married on August 8th.

Sakamoto stated, “In my life, I’ve always prioritized what I love, what made me happy and comfortable, and tied them to my future. Therefore, even with marriage, it’s something I wanted from the bottom of my heart, so I responded to those feelings.” She continued, “When I’m with Suzumura-san, I feel calm. He is a kind person. For me to sing, act, and live as myself from here on, it’s hopeful to have a reliable partner by my side. Please watch over us warmly.”

Meanwhile, Suzumura commented, “I am given strength to be with a woman that’s full of intelligence and energy. I’m already a merry person, but I laugh even more with her. She is an irreplaceable person who I love to spend time with.”

He also wrote, “It’s been 17 years since I started voice acting. With this work, it is necessary to have many feelings. The moment my heart is moved in my day-to-day life turn to provisions, and it changes my expressions. I am certain that my new life will bring more provisions. What kind of things are awaiting me? What kind of expressions and emotions will I encounter? For a happy future, I will do my best to live as myself. I will do my best to deliver that happiness to someone with my expressions.”

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Source: natalie
Great! I begin to admire even more Maaya-chan! Of course, her husband too!
Last edited by #F! on 2011-08-14 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Congratulations to Maaya and Kenichi! I felt odd, because Maaya isn't a friend, family or any of that sort, and yet, much of my childhood has been spent listening to her voice that I just can't help but feel happy for her, as if she has been really part of my life :) I hope my best wishes reach her even if it's just posted in this forum :D :)
Last edited by mike_s_6 on 2011-08-16 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Me too, mike! It's getting to the point where I've had Maaya in my life longer than I didn't have her in my life ^^;;; it's like my older sister eloped or something!!! I'm still very happy though!!!
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Such happy news! I felt something would happen after she joked about looking like a bride in the Gift concert but didn't think it would happen so soon. I've only recently watched Kara no Kyokai, and the pair did a really great performance!
Last edited by roxfan on 2011-08-16 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
真綾~の~ファン

Post by 真綾~の~ファン »

*tears of joy*
Let's hope all the best for them :heart:
kyoy

Post by kyoy »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... ra-wedding

I was expecting a fanart of Maaya and Kenichi themselves but it's lovely nonetheless *u*
sachia

Post by sachia »

kyoy wrote: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... ra-wedding

I was expecting a fanart of Maaya and Kenichi themselves but it's lovely nonetheless *u*
OMG!!!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! thanks for sharing^^
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
Musica

Post by Musica »

Oh wow, Maaya-san~ congratulation!! =D

I'm kinda shocked yet glad to hear this news. Never imagined before that Maaya-san will married this "soon", haha. That's because I always thought Maaya-san is a type of person that much more concerned about her career rather than her love life ^^;;

I hope Maaya-san always lives happily together ever after with her husband yet still have a great singing career in the future. Once again, congrats Maaya-san~!! =)