Maaya songs not by Yoko Kanno?

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
DJMc

Maaya songs not by Yoko Kanno?

Post by DJMc »

I was just wondering this. I've heard several people say that there are some Maaya Sakamoto songs that weren't written by Yoko Kanno, and I was wondering which ones they were. I have all her albums, and they all say "All songs written by Yoko Kanno" on them I believe. I assume some of her old stuff like "Primary Days" isn't by Kanno, and I know about Whoops, but I want to know if she has sung anything else not written by Kanno after she did Yakusoku wa Iranai. Thanks!
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Songs about the musical piece "Letter ~bring to light", there is an album, she sings with Ken Watanabe and yoko was not on the project.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Here's a list of what I know (besides Letter and Whoops! stuff):
  • "Dakishimete ~ Click In My Heart ~" from the single "Tiles Complex" for the game "Dengen tenshi taisen mah-jongg Shangri-La"
  • "Taikutsu to Yuutsu" from the game "Kita-he. White Illumination." (Tanya Lipinsky character song).
  • "Teens" from the game "Devicereign."
  • "Yoake no Kaze Kikinagara" - theme song from the anime "Omishi Magical Theater Risky&Safety"
  • "Ashita e no Tobira" - theme song from the game "Yui ~Little Lovers 2nd~".
  • "Love Mania!" - ending for the anime "El Hazard: the Alternative World."
  • "Go For It!" - character song from the anime "Mizuiro Jidai."
  • "Story" and "Wasurerarenai Mama" - opening and ending songs from the game "Mebius no tokei."
  • "Yume Iro no Lollipop" - character song from the anime Medalot.
  • "Dream Power -Tsubasa naki Monotachi e-" - some single sung by 20+ artists. Looks like it was done for the TV show(?) "Bunka Housou Anime & Game Zone."
  • "Primary Days" - from the game "Asu wa Koishite -Prime Beat Planet-."
  • "Aqua" - insert song from the game "Missing Blue" (though this one might be written by Kanno).
I beleive "Go For It!" was done before "Yakusoku wa Iranai," the rest after. I didn't bother to look up the dates, that would be too tedious...
kaijyuu_m

Post by kaijyuu_m »

Generally, any song not licensed to Victor Entertainment seems to be a non-Kanno song. It makes me wonder if there's something in Sakamoto's contract with Victor regarding this...
itada19

Post by itada19 »

mmm...does the song kazemachi jet aren't from yoko kanno? i'm just wondering...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Guys, you missed the most obvious one's :lol: she has two albums full of 'em. Both 'Yuunagi LOOP' and '30 Minutes Night Flight' are non-Kanno works. As is the single 'Saigo no Kajitsu' and 'Kazemachi JET'.

Triangler is the first song for a loooonngg time she's done with Yoko Kanno.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yeah.. it seems harder to forget the old favourites than the new ones.. at least that happens to me

*hide from someone's kick in the ass*
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

[quote="dillpops"]Guys, you missed the most obvious one's :lol: she has two albums full of 'em. Both 'Yuunagi LOOP' and '30 Minutes Night Flight' are non-Kanno works. As is the single 'Saigo no Kajitsu' and 'Kazemachi JET'.
[/quote]
Check the dates of the first posts...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Damn. But hey! Still relevant since no one mentioned it :lol: dayumnnn, how long are old posts gonna be floating around here, ha, ha. Stop bumping threads damn it, haha!

I didn't think we HAD posts from that far back 0_o
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

haha, i haven't noticed the date too.. i thought this is a new post by some newbie of maayas.. crazy. now i sure hope the number of albums made by kanno-san will not be increasing in the future..wishxwish
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.