Maaya will perform at US Anime COnvention in Texas

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Maaya will perform at US Anime COnvention in Texas

Post by dillpops »

AnimeFest 2005 - Sept 2-5
Hyatt Regency at Reunion Tower - Dallas, Texas
http://www.animefest.org/
Pre-Register now for only $30

We are pleased to announce our 2005 J-Pop Guest of Honor:

Maaya Sakamoto
Singer / Seiyuu

Starting her career at age 15, she performed the opening song for the hit anime series *Vision of Escaflowne* written by the famous Yoko Kanno. Since then she has continued to perform countless songs written and composed by Yoko Kanno. These have included including the theme songs to *RahXephon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Wolfs Rain* and countless others. She has also released several solo albums and singles.

Her official web-site: (in Japanese)
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/maaya/

She will be performing on Sunday night during the convention.

Please, I'm in floods of tears. Please send me her autograph. please...
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

hahaha

Talk about deja vu, i swear i read about this topic before XD

Yeah it would be cool to get her autograph!!

Im still suprised she will finally come to a convention here :)
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

*still crying*
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Someone from the USA could adopt us, dillpops. And then we could go there XD God, I wish she could come to Europe, or better, she could come close to Portugal :( That's the disadvantage of living in the end of the world.
Maybe someone can record the concert. And then we will be happy :D
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I would be so embarassed if she came to the UK, the UK anime scene is soooo horrible! I have this gorgeous town hall near me, its victorian and HUGe. It has a massive original 19th century pipe organ and galleries and chandeliers and the council rents it out for private venues. I always think it would be awesome to see Yoko & friends perform there. Maybe one day :?

Don't cry! :(
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

If Maaya performs anywhere at Europe some day, I'll be there.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

We ought to petition her to come to Europe. Maybe Paris or London :D
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

Did not Maaya go to London, Paris... or somewhere to record some of her songs?

In one video she is just casually going here and there; but the point is that she probably will return to do more work, so maybe its just a question of keeping an eye out for her around the corner! XD

The end of the world?... Portugal? haha, never saw it that way. I feel everywhere is far away, bee it Europe or Japan :p
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

I'm afraid a concert or an european tour won't be profitable. Maaya is not a well known artist in Occident. So I think the only chance for us (european people) is to keep an eye on the next time she came for record an album and wait for her at the studio door. :D

Chibi, you're lucky. BD is not very far from Dallas. Give her a kiss on behalf on me. :lol:
Li_Nickole

Post by Li_Nickole »

I'm Cryiing :cry: :cry: :cry: I am in the end of the world :cry: in Chile a very small contry in the south of South america... I want to goooooo :'(
Maybe someone could go and film it and then upload it and then we could download it :cry: or is it illegal?? well maybe just sound?? like those recordings of Yoko KAnno in Otakon 99 I think

Well any of the fans here is going?? then we should ask him/her to do something :cry: :cry: take a lot of pictures maybe?
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Someone over at http://www.livejournal.com/~mameshiba is going...
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

[quote="Tenson"]I'm afraid a concert or an european tour won't be profitable. Maaya is not a well known artist in Occident. So I think the only chance for us (european people) is to keep an eye on the next time she came for record an album and wait for her at the studio door. :D

Chibi, you're lucky. BD is not very far from Dallas. Give her a kiss on behalf on me. :lol:[/quote]

Hmm thats not true...the fact is that its very cheap to do small venues in the UK, as long as you fill them you can make profit, of course she'd probably have to be over here at the same time recording, I mean she has been to scotland and london before to record, quite a few times so......and there are a lot more UK fans than you would think...
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

That reminds me of Mai Yamane who went to France for a concert a few years ago... Maybe Maaya will do the same someday! :D Well, that's the same for me, because I don't have money to go there, but there are fans in Europe who could. Gotta have hope.
I'm going to threat someone who's going to record the concert at least... :lol:
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
kaijyuu_m

Post by kaijyuu_m »

Wah, that's so not fair... *currently shivering in Canada*

I hope people who do go write detailed reports about the concert, etc. If I can't actually go, I can live with reading about the experience (I think!). Too many people seem to attend music performances at anim
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

[quote="Bazaa"]That reminds me of Mai Yamane who went to France for a concert a few years ago... :[/quote]

That was one of the best gigs i've ever been to, except she kept 'across the universe' going on for farrr too long, once it got to about 8 minutes everybody was like..OKAY THATS GREAT MAI NEXT SONG PLZTHX! :lol: