"In the Silence" Concert DVD / Blu-ray out in May

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Jérôme.

RE: "In the Silence" Concert DVD / Blu-ray out in May

Post by Jérôme. »

kirei_lanford wrote: and why are u banging head in maaya's concert? :D
probably it's bird at that time right..?
yeah of course it was Birds
I'm always moved (litteraly) by good music, I can't help it ;)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Mine will arrive in a few days. Is it from one show only, or is it a pick from all the "In the Silence" gigs ?
I know if it is well made, it's hard to say, but you can detect it, sometimes ;)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

It is supposed to be the day we went but apparently there were cameras on the other day as well...? So it is possible they used different days BUT it was supposed to all be the 16th which is why you are in there so prominently :P
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

dillpops wrote: It is supposed to be the day we went but apparently there were cameras on the other day as well...? So it is possible they used different days BUT it was supposed to all be the 16th which is why you are in there so prominently :P
Am I ? :blush:

I've already watched videos from others artists where they mixed the shooting but put only one sound track, or even have mixed the sound tracks (drum on this one is better, guitar on this other one is fine, etc..)
To detect it we have to be very couscious in watching ;)
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

I came to a point where I have to say that Maaya Sakamoto really needs to improve her dancing skills. At least for the more livelier songs.
Pretty late for this conclusion, I know. I also miss a connection between the fans and her during the event. A bunch of scripted MC's can not change that. It's like there is an invisible barrier between the stage and the audience. (Not talking about the curtain :) ) Maybe the seats were at fault a bit.

I don't want to annoy, I just compare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SHyi59U2bU&feature=plcp
That is an awesome lively performance. Too bad Hikaru seems to have quit or taken a break.
Maaya is still the best at the melancholic songs from the Japanese artists.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

The costumes were great, but I would have liked that she had worn the original costumes from the CDs..
Last edited by countdown65 on 2012-06-13 04:44, edited 1 time in total.
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

countdown65 wrote: The costumes were great, but I would have liked that she had worn the original costumes from the CDs..
She might not have easy listening anymore ^^;;;;
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

In the "Making of", what shrine is she praying towards? Probably something to do with Shintoism.
And at least the Pocket o Kara ni Shite part seems to have had the fans involved.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

gradualpetrify wrote: I came to a point where I have to say that Maaya Sakamoto really needs to improve her dancing skills. At least for the more livelier songs.
Pretty late for this conclusion, I know. I also miss a connection between the fans and her during the event. A bunch of scripted MC's can not change that. It's like there is an invisible barrier between the stage and the audience. (Not talking about the curtain :) ) Maybe the seats were at fault a bit.
Maaya is not to blame, her public is.
Just robots. It was awesome how much they DIDN'T move a bit, that much I'm pointed out because I was ^^
kirei_lanford wrote: and why are u banging head in maaya's concert? Big Grin
New answer !
I just watched the bonus, and we see clearly that when Maaya discovered the live version of Bird, she was banging too ! So I was just Maaya-ish, and the rest of the audience was not ! :D
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

gradualpetrify wrote: I came to a point where I have to say that Maaya Sakamoto really needs to improve her dancing skills. At least for the more livelier songs.
She's a theater player, what do you expect from her? :D
If u pay attention to her moves, a lot of it were theater moves.. Those fast steps forward then look around etc. Imo maaya shouldn't do dancing, it's for the little girls (we know who :P )

I compared her more to artists such as Miki Imai or Chihiro Yonekura (my faves with similar style :P ) .. Not idols or divas nor i want her to be like them.
Jérôme. wrote:
kirei_lanford wrote: and why are u banging head in maaya's concert? Big Grin
New answer !
I just watched the bonus, and we see clearly that when Maaya discovered the live version of Bird, she was banging too ! So I was just Maaya-ish, and the rest of the audience was not ! :D
Why is there even a new answer to begin with ^^;;
One possible explanation. I think that's what differs maaya from many anime singers. Most anime singers have the majority of their discography as upbeat songs, while maaya is not. I view her previous works more as semi-classic and semi-jazz pieces (with some upbeat pop-rock songs) and not the opposite. Well, though i'm not too familiar with May N' or Megumi Hayashibara or Nana Mizuki or other singers, you can grab my idea. And everyone knows, string concert listeners or chamber music listeners are much calmer than any other type of music audience.

I might be wrong though. Japan people are like that ^^;;
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2012-06-18 03:21, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

kirei_lanford wrote: Imo maaya shouldn't do dancing, it's for the little girls (we know who :P )
I want Maaya to breakdance, especially headspin. :/

I'm not into formation dance, but I would lie if I would tell you that I don't know why this got so many views <.<;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhseD2tRLUY
vento

Post by vento »

gradualpetrify wrote:
kirei_lanford wrote: Imo maaya shouldn't do dancing, it's for the little girls (we know who :P )
I want Maaya to breakdance, especially headspin. :/

I'm not into formation dance, but I would lie if I would tell you that I don't know why this got so many views <.<;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhseD2tRLUY
HAHAHAHA XD
I imagined maaya headspinning, lol.

I agree with the others this time :)
I prefer maaya not to dance like other idols. I like maaya's simplicity, i think there's a lot of beauty in it. And in her expressions.
BUT, i have to admit is not the same viewed live, than in the dvd, because of camera movments. It's more dinamic.

It would be interesting to hear the opinion of the ones who went to watch the live about maaya not moving a lot.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I totally did not pay attention to how she moved (or not) during the concert.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

I'm not into dance/movement in concerts too. Those are performance music, not exactly what i viewed her music as. Not at all, actually.

I'm only telling what i see from her moves,.. Those are definitely theatrical moves she learned probably during Les Miserables etc.. Those fast short steps, mimic, those hand movement circling and circling.... It's natural, not text book body movements. Actually, i think her moves are more variant compared to other singers similar to her (outside performance music). A bit too much moves, sometime, to be honest lol.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

roxfan wrote: I totally did not pay attention to how she moved (or not) during the concert.
For me, it was at Budokan it was shocking.
She sang 4 or 5 songs before beginning to move one leg, she was just static, it was very stange.

For the InTheSilence, it was very much normal, and she was acting on stage as any other rock singer I know (I'm not saying she is a rock singer, I just compare to other artist I know, to be clear); again, it is not Maaya wa have to blame.
I did laugh a lot when she even ask her audience to smile ;p
Last edited by Jérôme. on 2012-06-22 10:27, edited 1 time in total.