New Single Collection "Mitsubachi"

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

RE: New Single Collection "Mitsubachi"

Post by kirei_lanford »

right, after i think it again once more, the wiki sure has some mistakes.. As i was writing "hikari no naka e" hasn't been in other cd before, i vaguely remembered it as a track in one of escaflowne OST.. but i'm not sure since i don't have the complete OST anymore...

thanks for correcting me, I guess what made it really different is that current compilation mostly come from singles (which almost all maaya regular fans already have), while the previous two has many non-singles tracks, OST's, inserts songs, chara albums etc that were harder to obtained. Not all maaya fans are willing to buy or even download all anime & game theme that related to maaya.

thinking of it, some songs kept scattered outside maaya sakamoto cds (sanctuary, kissing the christmas killer, fado, choco to yuuki). It'll be good if they're included in one of the future compilations.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I agree that it would have been nicer to see the 'scattered songs' (good description, Kirei!) collected in one place rather than 60% of Kazeyomi being put on Mitsubachi :s A more interesting selection might have been made. Fair enough, it does what it says on the tin and is a 'single collection', but I was hoping for an element of surprise. At least in the track order by shuffling them...I guess it fufills the brief.

It gives the tour a theme too.

I think Jason's right in that the vast majority of sales will probably be made on the Blu-Ray edition by fans who want the PV collection. I imagine the CD is a bonus to the fans who want high definition.
Last edited by dillpops on 2012-08-23 06:16, edited 1 time in total.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

SHM-CD is not "high definition". They improved the physical material which might make it more resistant to scratches and easier to read for the player, but the actual audio bits still conform to the Red Book which means 16bit, 44100Hz and nothing more. If you rip it you will get 100% the same waveform, assuming it was mastered from the same source.
jason

Post by jason »

If Google translation makes any sense, looks like Victor Ent. is releasing the LE blu-ray separately in January next year. Costs 4,500 yen which is a bit cheaper than buying the Mitsubachi LE , but not by a whole lot. If you have any interest in Mitsubachi and the blu-ray, might as well get LE. Well the PV collection will also be released separately on dvd, so that could be a reason for some people to get it instead of Mitsubachi LE.
Last edited by jason on 2012-09-07 05:32, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I wonder if too many people complained about there not being a DVD version?
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

roxfan wrote:There's some wordplay with the numbers in the titles:

Hatsu (first) = Hotchpotch
Ni (two) = Nikopachi
Mittsu (three) = Mitsubachi
Hmm, I want to agree with your theory, but I don't think ハチ (not sure where はつ/hatsu came from--if anything, I'd think ハチ could somewhat sound like はじ as in はじめて) was ever meant to mean first. When it came out, Maaya's career was just getting started; they didn't know there would be others yet. NI-kopachi and MITSU-bachi, I can see picking up a trend and referring to second and third (although it involves skipping around from the Chinese-sound counting system to the Japanese-sound counting system), but there's no "first" wordplay in the title ハチポチ to me, even a retroactive one.

The deliberate similarities I noticed came more at the end of the words: ポチ (pochi/potch), パチ (pachi), and バチ (bachi). Starting with Nikopachi, matching the sounds has definitely been done on purpose, and Mitsubachi fits into that theme while referencing two other songs indirectly (the B-side with the word Mitsubachi in it, and one might imagine Honeycomb too).
Jérôme. wrote:By the way, what does nikopachi means ? I seek for it and wasn't able to find a translation. Is it from nicotine patches you put when you try to stop smoking ?
You must not have searched very hard then! I explained the meaning of nikopachi on the page for it on my website. Although the Nikopachi page is currently down now, it wasn't when you were looking. Sort of confused where you looked, if not there!
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Actually, "hatsu" is the reading of the kanji 初 :)
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

I'm completely and tooootally aware of that, but my point is that hatsu is not hachi. That's what I meant by "not sure where that came from"--I know what you meant, but it's still really reaching because it's not actually part of the word.
Last edited by frecklegirl on 2012-10-09 12:52, edited 1 time in total.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

Last edited by countdown65 on 2012-10-10 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Audio preview of Nekoze, the new Yuho Iwasato/Yoko Kanno/Maaya Sakamoto combo track on Maaya's official site in the discography section.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I can't find it.. D:
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

Imurann wrote: I can't find it.. D:
Here you go ;)
http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/flyingdog/-/D ... 70006.html
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

A 3 minutes version (not full) was broadcasted on Vitamin M:
http://soundcloud.com/user796778/nekoze/s-ZB1NJ

Thanks a lot to an anonymous person who posted that link on gabrielarobin.com !

And here I am, already loving the song!
A few days ago I was thinking the song was too much classic, it sounded like a simple ballad, and the voice was too high in the refrain. Actually, besides the voice that remained the same, I take everything else back ;)
Kanno effect as usual x')
Last edited by Yyrkoon70 on 2012-10-16 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
archtorii

Post by archtorii »

Yyrkoon70 wrote: A 3 minutes version (not full) was broadcasted on Vitamin M:
http://soundcloud.com/user796778/nekoze/s-ZB1NJ

Thanks a lot to an anonymous person who posted that link on gabrielarobin.com !

And here I am, already loving the song!
A few days ago I was thinking the song was too much classic, it sounded like a simple ballad, and the voice was too high in the refrain. Actually, besides the voice that remained the same, I take everything else back ;)
Kanno effect as usual x')
just wait for full release xD... for my opinion this "Nekoze" similar to "Everywhere"
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I think it's very different to 'everywhere' (of which the piano version is my favourite) but both are lovely piano based ballads. Although I still don't think Mitsubachi is worth getting if you've already got Kazeyomi and the singles up until now, Nekoze is very lovely. The lyrics are very pretty - another good song by Yoko, Yuho and Maaya.

The CD is a bargain for people who held out on the singles, I guess.
Last edited by dillpops on 2012-10-17 13:31, edited 1 time in total.