New Single Collection "Mitsubachi"

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Megumi

New Single Collection "Mitsubachi"

Post by Megumi »

My sourcesays it'll be official on monday :

"Maaya Sakamoto will release a new single collection album including a blu-ray and the format SHM-CD. It will be released on November 14th.
It includes all songs released between 2005 and 2012 ("Loop", "Triangle", "Down Town" etc.) and several remix versions! Comes with new song "Nekoze" composed by Yoko Kanno and Yuho Iwasato. Tomita Lab participates as guest on "April Full featuring Maaya Sakamoto". CD (limited and regular edition) comes in the SHM-CD format! Includes a compilation of video clip on Blu-ray disc.

The limited edition will costs 6300yens and the normal version (without blu-ray) 2500yens."

:heart:
countdown65

RE: New Single Collection "Mitsubachi"

Post by countdown65 »

I knew it.. This is perfect for a new single collection.. Has she changed her mind about single collections or the label did? mmmm

EDIT: I hope a re-release of all her music videos in BD.. The old ones from other limited editions and others that are not on DVDs like Himitsu, Buddy and Okaerinasai... I think these are all of her music videos (excluding Making of Nikopachi and "Short Movie" like Driving in the silence)

1. Feel Myself (1997)
2. Hashiru (1998)
3. Mameshiba (2000)
4. Loop (2005)
5. Honey Come (2005)
6. Saigo no Kajitsu (2007)
7. Triangler (2008)
8. Ame ga Furu (2008)
9. Magic Number (2009)
10. everywhere (2010)
11. DOWN TOWN (2010)
12. Himitsu (2011)
13. Buddy (2011)
14. Okaerinasai (2011)
15. More than Words (2012)

A good Bonus in the Blu-ray would be a making of her music videos like Buddy or Okaerinasai, unreleased commentaries, or just extra promo photoshoots in the "extras" menu...
Last edited by countdown65 on 2012-08-19 00:37, edited 1 time in total.
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I will wait for the tracklisting, most of the singles since Loop are already on albums or 'everywhere' an buying them all over again seems a little...expensive. I would have liked it to be a b-side collection instead with the new songs.

Guess we know what the tour's theme is now.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

Could it be a fake or a joke? I agree with a B-sides collection too...
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Be smart with Maayas !
I just learned a new word : SHM-CD ;p

.. and they are giving up DVD, meaning I will soon need to buy something able to read bluerays if I want to continue my Maaya fanning...
I don't like to be pushed in upgrading my equipment >__<
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
ct760ster

Post by ct760ster »

SHM-CD? :huh: It's must be worth like an anthology the tracklist to be released for choosing a medium in such exotic material to be of archive grade. Anyway here hoping and living up to the expectations. ;)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Official announcement is now up on Maaya's official page, and the tour title has also been announced as Mitsubachi.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

Track List from the official site (I added source when it was previously unreleased in album)

01. Loop
02. Kazamachi jet - Mitsubachi edition*
03. Spica*
04. Action!* (from Clamp in Wonderland)
05. Saigo no Kaijutsu
06. Triangle
07. Ame ga furu
08. Praline*
09. Magic Number
10. Private Sky* (from Magic Number Single)
11. Down Town
12. Yasashisani tsutsumaretanara* (from Down Town single)
13. Buddy
14. Okaerinasai
15. More Than Words
16. April Fool featuring Maaya Sakamoto*
17. Nekoze*

So there is some unreleased tracks, but not as much as on Hotspotch or Nikopatchi...

The blue ray will contains :

01. Saigo no kaijutsu
02. Universe
03. Triangle
04. Ame ga furu
05. Magic Number
06. Everywhere
07. Down Town
08. Himitsu
09. Buddy
10. Okaerinasai
11. Short Movie from Driving in the Silence
12. More than Words

The fun part is the name of the collection : "Mitsubachi" means "bee" so Maaya is finally accepting her naming after the old bee character ;)
What is strange, it's they didn't add "Mitsubachi to Kagakusha", the Bee-side of Saigo no Kaijutsu, which was unreleased too and was the only one possible really speaking of bee and validating the title of the Collection+ = ^__^=
Last edited by Jérôme. on 2012-08-20 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I'm not so sure it's about Maaya the Bee. There's some wordplay with the numbers in the titles:

Hatsu (first) = Hotchpotch
Ni (two) = Nikopachi
Mittsu (three) = Mitsubachi
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

Oh.. just two B-sides... (Praline and Private Sky) So, the other B-sides will be unreleased... - _- Oh...
jason

Post by jason »

countdown65 wrote: Oh.. just two B-sides... (Praline and Private Sky) So, the other B-sides will be unreleased... - _- Oh...
The other B-sides are released, you just have to buy the singles like other fans. :P
Last edited by jason on 2012-08-21 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

roxfan wrote: I'm not so sure it's about Maaya the Bee. There's some wordplay with the numbers in the titles:

Hatsu (first) = Hotchpotch
Ni (two) = Nikopachi
Mittsu (three) = Mitsubachi
:exclamation:
I never figured it out !
For sure you are right, as the end of the titles look quite the same too in katakana
HACHI - POCHI
NI - KO - PACHI
MITSU - BACHI

By the way, what does nikopachi means ? I seek for it and wasn't able to find a translation. Is it from nicotine patches you put when you try to stop smoking ?

.... next single collection in 7 years would be title "Sympathy"
Last edited by Jérôme. on 2012-08-21 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

I think it was explained somewhere in the liner notes(?) but can't find it right now.
It seems that niko=smile and pachi=the camera shutter sound.
http://detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa ... q134801888
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

Is this in the format singles collection or singles collection + ?
If Victor mentioned it as singles collection + format and with track list as announced, surely i'm not too keen about this compilation, as it has different concept from her previous singles collection +.
the previous two consist of about half released and half unreleased, with the unreleased songs in Nikopachi for instance have almost the same vibe (majority with english lyrics), while this one will only have one song that is unreleased (other unreleased were from her singles and tie-ins). And considering there's best album Everything that was just released some time ago, probably the hype won't be as big as the previous singles collection +...

What i like in the previous singles collection + was that some of the unreleased songs were actually not just "normal" filler songs/chara theme songs, in fact some are worth to be released as singles from my point of view since they got sheer quality (hikari no naka e and light of love from hotchpotch, bike from nikopachi for instance). That's what making them so special (at least for me,.. especially hotchpotch). Correct me if they actually have been released before the compilations, i haven't follow maaya yet in the pre-hotchpotch days >_ . edit: and wikiconfirms it.
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2012-08-22 04:14, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
jason

Post by jason »

kirei_lanford wrote: Is this in the format singles collection or singles collection + ?
If Victor mentioned it as singles collection + format and with track list as announced, surely i'm not too keen about this compilation, as it has different concept from her previous singles collection +.
the previous two consist of about half released and half unreleased, with the unreleased songs in Nikopachi for instance have almost the same vibe (majority with english lyrics), while this one will only have one song that is unreleased (other unreleased were from her singles and tie-ins). And considering there's best album Everything that was just released some time ago, probably the hype won't be as big as the previous singles collection +...

What i like in the previous singles collection + was that some of the unreleased songs were actually not just "normal" filler songs/chara theme songs, in fact some are worth to be released as singles from my point of view since they got sheer quality (hikari no naka e and light of love from hotchpotch, bike from nikopachi for instance). That's what making them so special (at least for me,.. especially hotchpotch). Correct me if they actually have been released before the compilations, i haven't follow maaya yet in the pre-hotchpotch days >_ . edit: and wikiconfirms it.
There may have been more variety of tracks in the previous 2 single collections, but regardless all of them are compilations of previously released songs. I don't see much point in picking apart the differences especially since Maaya doesn't perform anime insert songs these days (which is a shame). The upcoming collection is still rehash from her previous cds. People should stop using the term "unreleased". Older songs such as Hikari no naka e and Light of love were all released before on cd (anime soundtracks usually). And wikipedia is hardly the most complete source of track listings for Maaya related cds. This site is better source of Maaya's older works despite it being not longer maintained. I also actually have a review of Hotch Potch on my own site.

From my perspective, Victor Ent is releasing Mitsubachi to simply fill a gap while giving Maaya more time to work on the next album. The only reason I'm excited for this release is the LE Blu-ray. Someone at the company must be paying attention to know how to get my money despite releasing another compilation. :P :D
Last edited by jason on 2012-08-22 07:54, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster of MaayaSakamoto.net fansite