Tsubasa'ED

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

YEAY!!!! NEW PV!! YEAY YEAY!!
Are they pre-ordering already? XD joking =( i dont have money at the moment ;__;
SOOO!!! Anyone knows whats happening that Kanno isnt working w/ Sakamoto on the newest songs? =(
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Sora

Post by Sora »

You can preorder it at CDJapan and yesasia ^_~

I don't have money either... -__-
But I hope it will change by April ! ;*__*;
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

I can't wait! Maybe this year will be more "active" than 2004... She didn't release a single that year, or did she? Anyway, I missed this excitement for a new song :maayagrin:
I wonder if the PV will be good. I have a trauma with japanese PVs since I watched Hikaru Utada's "Hikari" :?

(I mean... the whole PV only shows her washing dishes :odd :) [/size]
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Yeah but to be honest the majority of jaapnese PVs I find...just are not good. I find this strange because japan seems to have all the best technology, but I don't think they invest a lot of money into the PV. Hikari was hilarious, I showed it to my friend and he said he thought it was quite 'interesting'. Heh.

I think somebody like Ayumi Hamasaki would spend the most money and somebody like maaya would spend the least - but hopefully that means she can be more creative with a story and location and not spend all the money on lighting and crew.

I think the best one i've seen is kiseki by boa...apart from the really terrible dancing its just very pretty and matches the mood of the song perfectly. I would love maaya to do something like that, minus the dancing. XD
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="Bazaa"]I can't wait! Maybe this year will be more "active" than 2004... She didn't release a single that year, or did she? Anyway, I missed this excitement for a new song :maayagrin:
I wonder if the PV will be good. I have a trauma with japanese PVs since I watched Hikaru Utada's "Hikari" :?

(I mean... the whole PV only shows her washing dishes :odd :) [/size][/quote]
Yeah, I remember "Hikari" PV^^;;;

You should watch her "SAKURA DROPS" and "traveling" PVs (if you haven't yet), because they're both really nice visually :) (I love "Final Distance" and "Dareka ga.." PVs as well *_*)

Hope you will change your advice on Japanese PVs after... ;)
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="misssakura"]Yeah but to be honest the majority of jaapnese PVs I find...just are not good. I find this strange because japan seems to have all the best technology, but I don't think they invest a lot of money into the PV. Hikari was hilarious, I showed it to my friend and he said he thought it was quite 'interesting'. Heh.

I think somebody like Ayumi Hamasaki would spend the most money and somebody like maaya would spend the least - but hopefully that means she can be more creative with a story and location and not spend all the money on lighting and crew.

I think the best one i've seen is kiseki by boa...apart from the really terrible dancing its just very pretty and matches the mood of the song perfectly. I would love maaya to do something like that, minus the dancing. XD[/quote]
"Kiseki" PV was nice, with the little fireworks and the sunflowers... *_*
I would like to see Maaya dancing like BoA one day^^

I think the best Japanese PV I ever saw is Hyde's "SHALLOW SLEEP"... it's soooo beautiful... *____* and full of secret meanings...

Mika Nakashima and Ayumi also have really visual PVs ("Seppun", "Hi no Tori", "LEGEND", "Sakura-iro Mau Koro" - "forgiveness"...) :)

... "MAMESHIBA" PV was cool too ! \(^o^)/
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I love Jpop PV's ^^ I always like watching Morning Musume's 'the peace'!! Wow, I go offline for one day and so much happens. Damn.

I've preordered but I'll be cross if they announce a CD+DVD package now...
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

[quote="Sora"]
Old Japanese singles are all 8cm CDs (you never saw these little CDs before..? Let me find a pic for you ^_~) ; new singles are 12 cm, like the singles (and albums...) you find in your country ^_~
Japanese people call them "Maxi" singles :)
[/quote]
Maxi doesn't refer to CD size, it refers to the number of tracks. Usual single is 1 track+karaoke or 2 tracks + karaoke. When you have more that two songs (not counting karaoke), it's a maxi-single. I think there are some singles that have up to seven (eight?) tracks.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="roxfan"][quote="Sora"]
Old Japanese singles are all 8cm CDs (you never saw these little CDs before..? Let me find a pic for you ^_~) ; new singles are 12 cm, like the singles (and albums...) you find in your country ^_~
Japanese people call them "Maxi" singles :)
[/quote]
Maxi doesn't refer to CD size, it refers to the number of tracks. Usual single is 1 track+karaoke or 2 tracks + karaoke. When you have more that two songs (not counting karaoke), it's a maxi-single. I think there are some singles that have up to seven (eight?) tracks.[/quote]

Some old AVEX (ha, ha not that old) singles from Ayumi Hamasaki and DREAM have up to 12 tracks sometimes.
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="roxfan"]
Maxi doesn't refer to CD size, it refers to the number of tracks. Usual single is 1 track+karaoke or 2 tracks + karaoke. When you have more that two songs (not counting karaoke), it's a maxi-single. I think there are some singles that have up to seven (eight?) tracks.[/quote]
The only ones I know are Ayu's^^ (sooo many remixes >__<)

Well, seems like I mistook about maxi-singles, gomen^^;;;
Judging by the websites I found for "maxi-single", everybody doesn't seem to agree on a single one definition... o_O ; some websites say that a "maxi-single" is a "12 cm CD single" (like I thought) but some others say like you ("a single with several songs, remixes...")... but I think you're right :)

Aren't these singles 12 cm CDs though..? o_o
That would be why people (like me^^; ;) are confusing^^
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Interesting tid-bit. Natsumi Abe's new single will also be 8cm from what Iudnerstand...
Sora

Post by Sora »

Here's is a retranscription of Maaya's lastest "Vitamin-M" on BayFM (...in which she talks about "Loop" PV...) ^_~ :

http://www15.plala.or.jp/mrb/Vitamin/top.html#latest

Well, it's all in Japanese, but I don't think we missed something important^^;;; (compared to the news found about the PV on the Japanese websites I listed before...)
But if someone still wants to translate, it begins just after the song "?:Changes / Tahiti80" :)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

She seems to be talking about how many PV's she's done and...the image and theme of the PV?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I'd love to direct a video for maaya T__T; i'm going to new zealand to study multimedia and film directing..who knows >.>; Except I can't speak Japanese so I dunno how i'd direct her. Uhm..maaya.....*point point point*

Then again i'd love maaya to sing a song i'd written..if I wrote song ;_;
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

nee people, which one is more safe: cdjapan or yesasia? O_o
>_< i never bought from sites -_-
thnkies guys =** Bibi(my friends call me like that) love you <3
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"