Monster Hunter theme song - October 16th (?) "release"

Latest news, upcoming events, general Maaya talk.
BluWacky

Monster Hunter theme song - October 16th (?) "release"

Post by BluWacky »

Maaya is apparently singing a theme song for Monster Hunter Frontier G, an enormously popular online RPG. It's called Securial (セクレアール) and I believe it will go "live" on October 16th, when a character voiced by Maaya will be added to the game.

I don't quite understand what's meant by "theme song" in this context i.e. if it's the song when the game boots up or what. It doesn't seem to be live and there's no listing of any of the creative credits available anywhere I can see so who knows who wrote it.

Anyone got any more information? There's an interview with Maaya up on the Monster Hunter website but I haven't really taken the time to watch it.
dillpops
Posting Freak

RE: Monster Hunter theme song - October 16th (?) "release"

Post by dillpops »

I think they mean 'theme song' as in the song used to PR the game, maybe it will be on the end credits?
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

Woa, that's big, MH is the second best sold game in Japan after Pokemon!
Here's the video interview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBbRPis_xSg

She's singing as Utahime, a character in the game.
They will present the song on October 16, I think it will be posted on the same Monster Hunter official channel.
The song is the theme song of the universe of the game. It's supposed to be about nature, about the strength of the Earth, she uses the word "mystic" to describe the atmosphere of the song says it's a gentle song.

Very interesting thing, the song is in the language used in the game, in other words it's in gibberish. I think she says it was the first time for here and that though she was expecting it would be difficult but the recording went very well actually.

So I wonder in which language was Vado then, I know that Vento is in Esperanto but I would have been sure she already sang some gibberish songs with Yoko Kanno but cannot point any.
Last edited by Yyrkoon70 on 2013-10-02 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
countdown65

Post by countdown65 »

Yyrkoon70 wrote: Woa, that's big, MH is the second best sold game in Japan after Pokemon!

So I wonder in which language was Vado then, I know that Vento is in Esperanto but I would have been sure she already sang some gibberish songs with Yoko Kanno but cannot point any.
You mean "Fado"? I think It's portuguese. Fado is a traditional type of music in Portugal.
IDLING TALK! Fan Podcast Presenter, with Nikki (on hiatus)
sakamotomari

Post by sakamotomari »

It's a big tie! Look forward to the new song!It is said that Maaya used a kind of language that was designed by herself in this song...Amazing~~
We are kazeyomi
sachia

Post by sachia »

omg this sounds so interesting, can't wait!!!
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart:
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

countdown65 wrote:
Yyrkoon70 wrote: Woa, that's big, MH is the second best sold game in Japan after Pokemon!

You mean "Fado"? I think It's portuguese. Fado is a traditional type of music in Portugal.
It seems you're right, I've always fought it was gibberish, my bad :)
So I guess she maybe has never recorded a gibberish song!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Fado is portuguese for sure, but Vento is in Esperanto ^^
BluWacky

Post by BluWacky »

The song went live today, you can hear it here. It's a nice enough song (seems to be in French?) but it's not really long enough to say anything else about IMO. Could be a Kanno track, though - there are a lot of strings in the orchestration which is a very Kanno thing to do.
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

BluWacky wrote: The song went live today, you can hear it here. It's a nice enough song (seems to be in French?) but it's not really long enough to say anything else about IMO. Could be a Kanno track, though - there are a lot of strings in the orchestration which is a very Kanno thing to do.
Haha, it really seems to be in French, but it's not, I didn't understand a single thing. ;)
The strings at some point makes me think of Yoko Kanno, but not the refrain, and I think they would have announced it very loud if that was the case.
Maaya's voice seems really good, the chorus are good too. I think the song is a little over powerful for the game scene, but I won't complain since I don't care about the game ^^
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Haha it sounds like French but beautiful gibberish :-DD

What a beautiful song *_*
Yyrkoon70

Post by Yyrkoon70 »

dillpops wrote: Haha it sounds like French but beautiful gibberish :-DD

What a beautiful song *_*
After a few more listenings, the song seems really chaotic to me, so I'm waiting for the full version. There are some good parts, but the refrain feels too much heroic and not that beautiful, I hope it will be different in the full version. :D
TomoyoHime

Post by TomoyoHime »

I love this kind of song, even don't get a single part of the lyric. Maaya look good in the interview.
Can't belive Yoko composed the song, the have already advertised as so.

Pd. Until now wasn't aware that fado is in Portuguese.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

gibberish??
i don't remember the term for language that out of this world, but im not sure it was called "gibberish",.. or just my memory.

and welcome back, dilly :D

ps: and yes the song is very beautiful, but there are some parts that i'm still in vague..... yoko kanno-ish, yes.. kinda remind me a bit of ghost in the cell songs.. kanno does have some songs that sounds a bit chaotic.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
sachia

Post by sachia »

the song is so beautiful, i was having goosebump while listening to it *__*
and it reminds me to utsukushii hito
:heart: MAAYA SAKAMOTO :heart: