Origa

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Bazaa

Origa

Post by Bazaa »

Origa (also known as Olga Vitalevna Jakobleva, born October 12, 1970 in Novosibirsk Russia) is a Russian singer and vocalist.

She has now released six solo albums, two mini-albums, and some singles hits. Her last album "Era of Queens" was released in november 2003 and was recorded in London.

She became famous outside of Japan with the release of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and the subsequent Original Soundtrack largely written and arranged by composer Yoko Kanno. (Origa first performed with Yoko for the Turn-A Gundam concert, performing Gabriela Robin's Moon with the Gey's AX chorus.)
The disc's centerpiece is the opening theme of the first season of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Inner Universe, a beautiful, high-energy piece featuring English and Russian vocals by Origa (being backed up by boy soprano Benedict Delmaestro and Japanese-French vocalist Shanti Snyder, who was also co-lyricist on the song with Origa).

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG (Season 2) features Rise as the opening, another song written by Yoko Kanno and performed by Origa. The featured voices in Rise are credited to Tim Jensen and Ilaria Graziano.
Well, I first listened to her music with Ghost In The Shell SAC. I love her. Her album Era of Queens is my top favorite CD :neko:
Are there more Origa fans here? :D
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Shes okay. A nice clear voice. Like Enya with more 'OOMPH'. Her solo stuff is a bit cheesy with arrangements and such sometimes but they're still nice to listen to once in a while.
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

I am completely in love with Inner Universe and Rise.
Her vocals are awesome! But so far, every attempt to find anything else by her has ended in failure.

Too bad....>.>
Anyone know where I can pick up some Russian cds?
I might like to get a Zemfira album too.....so I could get an album from both of them ^_^
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Ozon.ru sends abroad, though you have to know Russian to get around the shop. You can also ask on MasterRussian forums for an advice on shops.
But if you're looking for Origa CDs, you have to use Japanese shops, as she released only in Japan, not in Russia.
Here are some links:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code ... ?key=52227
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/sea ... A%E3%82%AC
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I've always wanted to her hear her live version of 'Moon' from the Turn A Gundam concert but I don't want to splash out on the CD just for that track if it's no good. Can anyone upload a sample? The one on James Wong sounds the same as the CD version to me. I want to buy the CD but if it's pants then I won't...

I lOVE inner universe, it's really wonderful. I have Riseon the single Get 9 but I like Inner Universe better. It's more...larger ^^ ?
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="dillpops"]I lOVE inner universe, it's really wonderful. I have Riseon the single Get 9 but I like Inner Universe better. It's more...larger ^^ ?[/quote]
I looove "Inner Universe" too *__________*
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

[quote="dillpops"]I've always wanted to her hear her live version of 'Moon' from the Turn A Gundam concert but I don't want to splash out on the CD just for that track if it's no good. Can anyone upload a sample?[/quote]
http://rapidshare.de/files/705503/Turn_ ... _.mp3.html
Scroll down the page for instructions.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Wow *____* that is SO worth buying the CD for! Thank you roxfan, you've made my mind up!
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Oh my God, thanks! I never listened to this one, IT'S GORGEOUS! :3
You can still catch me
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

Sweet! :lol:

I had the normal version of that song, but had no idea who sang it :| , this version is oh so much cooler!
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

The normal version is by Gabriela Robin, I think. I love Origa :note:
You can still catch me
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

Oh wow...that's beautiful!
*gets all teary eyed*

I have to find the lyrics for that....

I found Origa at Amazon.com too...although its more expensive...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/searc ... 17-2164664

And look! Zemfira too!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/searc ... 17-2164664
(Anybody else know her? She's freaking awesome! One of my favourites! Outside of Japan ^_^)
Windpaths

Post by Windpaths »

I personally think one of her new songs just sounds like GODDESS.

It is the ED for "Fantastic Children", called "mizube no madoromi"

The tune, the arrangement is just awesome...

It was composed by the Korean composer who did the music for <12 Countries Chronical> (Juuni Kokki)

I think Origa's voice is smooth as silky milk chocalate XD
parasitepaladin

Post by parasitepaladin »

i love Origa so much!
i made a myspace of her!
if u dont know what that is....
here it is.....
http://www.myspace.com/origafan

her voice is.....heavenly!
I <3 Origa
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I prefer rise more than inner universe, it sounds more intense (maybe cos its faster pace), i have the stand alone 2 ost and the song that i adore is 'i do'. i have yet to hear a illaria graziano song i didnt love, her voice feels like ripe fruit and cream on a summer day, and i love her name. hmm, back to origa, any more rise fans out there?, speak up!