Music from your country

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Bazaa

Music from your country

Post by Bazaa »

Well, I'm sure that in your country you have certain band or singer that you like, so, I though that we could do an international music topic!
And also because I HAD to share this one with you. :lol:

So, I present to you... David Fonseca!
He started his career in Silence 4.
[quote]Silence 4 are led by David Fonseca, a man with the appearance of Jakob Dylan and a voice that sounds like a mix between the grimness of Nick Cave and the songbird-isms of Jeff Buckley. Their songs, always supported by an acoustic instrumentation (long before Travis or Coldplay ever came around, I might add) and with occasional orchestral backing, invariably revolve around him in some sort of mental or emotional turmoil, which is occasionally relieved by the angelic voice of supporting singer Sofia Lisboa. Togheter, these two are arguably the most sympathetic duo since Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris, and the melding of their two voices is simply a fantastic spectacle to behold. In the background, Rui Costa and Toz
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Ouch! The file expired.

Well, I have never used to hear Spanish music. The ones I really like are Mecano, Los Planetas. La Oreja de VanGogh is not bad.
Nowadays Spanish music is mainly crap.

PD: Bazaa, I really like your avatar :lol:
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

I'll re-upload it \o/ It will take years, but I'll do it.

I'll listen to some songs by those groups when I have time. Right now, I have 4 more tests to do and only a week of school :(

And, btw, tks! :evil:

Edit:
The link!
You can still catch me
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

[quote="Tenson"]
Nowadays Spanish music is mainly crap.
[/quote]

A bit harsh, it cant be all bad... I like "La Oreja de Van Gogh" too
Selecting local music is a bit hard, but how bout some samples from "Cafe Tacvba", "Jaguares" and "Maaya Sakaomoto".. oh wait, she is not Mexican... rats!

Some time passed before i saw that Bazaa's avatar moved :?
maybe its time to change my avatar!... and between us.... missakura can draw cute... but that avatar alwasy gives me the creeps!

EDIT: ... Wow uploading can be soooo slow.. give me some time to upload the music...
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Heehee, that drawing is done by a macabre artist friend of mine http://murata.deviantart.com

As far as British music goes...well...most people know it already >_>
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

music from my country? thats easy XDD you just have to listen to "Cora
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

You don't like Joyce?
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

[quote="Yuki-chan"]music from my country? thats easy XDD you just have to listen to "Cora
You can still catch me
TEARSTART

Post by TEARSTART »

[quote="Yuki-chan"] well, i dont like brazilian music at all
quote]

So do i...... >_<
My English is quite bad,but i want to join u ??||||||
i always listen to the J-pop music,though i can't understand them. :roll:
<The garden of every ting> i it like best(Don't PIA me...)
So glad to find this place~~~` :D
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

This is certainly an old thread, but I'll throw in my 2 cents :P

I listen to Japanese music primarily, but every once in a while I'm in the mood to listen to my old Christian rock/pop bands. Here are some of my favorites:

Switchfoot

I've been a fan of this band since the start. Back then they were a little unknown rock band but they're recently become incredibly popular. Their last album "The Beautiful Letdown" is definately their best, but every album has it's place in my collection ;)

Relient K

This christian punk/rock band is known for their catchy songs and incredible writing talent. The songs are very clever and the band is very talented.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Igamelec

Post by Igamelec »

welcome tearstart!
Your English actually seems pretty good compared to alot of other Chinese people, you don't need to worry :) If you have trouble understanding: Try online dictionaries. There are those that are fast, good and it's all for free! You just need internet+browser :p

this thread actually is about music from you own country so if you have any example of that it would be fitting for the topic, subject.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

[quote="Bazaa"]And Brazil isn't that bad, I think. Just a bit dangerous. I would love to go there :3[/quote]

me too ^______________^
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Here's a site with some streaming tracks (and one downloadable song) for Relient K

None of my favorite songs from their latest album are on that list, but those are still pretty good songs.

http://www.purevolume.com/relientk
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

Austria's music is non-existant as far as I can see (at least that of the good variety).
There's one girl who just crossed the borders to Germany, someone might like her music: http://www.christinaonline.at

I think it's a bit tough to sing beautifully in such a tough and edgy language like German. ^.^;
Aibou

Post by Aibou »

Cool! I don't listen to Relient K, but Switchfoot is absolutely great :D

I don't listen to Dutch music a lot, but I can upload out some highlights if I can remember those.. It's not top quality, but I guess it depends on your taste.

Marco Borsato is one of the most famous artists from the country. He has a nice voice.
"De Waarheid" (The Truth) and a big favorite is "Afscheid nemen bestaat niet" (Goodbyes don't exist), which is a very good and uplifting song. It was a #1 for 8 weeks.

A more recent English song by a Dutch band is:
"Blind for you" by Di-rect, a rockband, and it features classical pianist Wibi Soerjadi (that name doesn't sound Dutch, but he's an Indo born in the Netherlands.. just like me!).
Just download it, the piano play sounds incredible. :D