Kokia

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Bazaa

Kokia

Post by Bazaa »

Ok, I've been in love with Kokia for some months now. I think that you will also enjoy her music :3 She sung the OP of Brain Powerd, which music was composed by Yoko Kanno. although i'm not sure of that ^^[/size]
KOKIA is a Japanese music artist who is becoming popular in Japan with her cute voice and fun, unique style. Her first album (entitled 'Songbird') debuted in 1999, and her 2004 single 'Yume ga CHIKARA' has become the 'official Japan cheering song at the 2004 Athens Olympics'.
I've first listened to "Harmony", and I became addicted to it, because it's a kinda strange and really mystical song. I would recommend to you "Hello Passing Days" for your first song, since it's kinda the same style as some Maaya songs :neko:
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Grey Archangel

Post by Grey Archangel »

Yes, KOKIA sang "Ai no Rinkaku", which was the ED theme to Brain Powerd and composed by Yoko. :)

... which is completely unrelated to the OP composed and sung by Eri Shingyoji, and has naked women flying randomly everywhere. o.O

---
But back to KOKIA.

By favorite album by her is "Trip Trip", which has a rock and middle-eastern feel to it. "The Rule of the Universe", "Tomoni", and "Hana" are my favorite songs on there. And the song "Chouwa" (Harmony) - the first track on "Trip Trip". It has an unusual rhythm. Very original. I love that song too.

And if you get the "Tomoni" single, you get this awesome acoustic b-side "Yes I Know", which is sort-of Jewel-like I suppose, but it's just very simple and beautiful.

I love KOKIA. To me in a weird way, it's like the genetically spliced love child of Maaya and Gabriela. :oops: XD
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I love KOKIA - Trip Trip is my favourite KOKIA album as it has the most songs on that I like. However, I love my Ai no Rinkaku and So Much Love For You singles also...
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Oh yes I love Kokia ! Trip Trip is so nice, I have her second album too, I love the first songs, so beautiful to me ^^ But now I don't like, it is "pink" songs ^^;;; too happy
Maaya-chan

Post by Maaya-chan »

I listened to her new single "dandelion" and I liked it very much, she has a powerful voice, but at the same time is so sweet and unique... I think my favorite song of her is "Remember the Kiss? (duet with piano ver.)"

Hey, I'm just curious, how old is she, do you guys know? :P
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

By the way, I just discovered that she's going to Paris for a concert, in 21st January 2006! For more information (in french), click here.

Meh, I want to have money to go to Paris >_<
You can still catch me
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Nyéhéhé I will go I will go :evil:
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Then you MUST tell us how it was after. And a recording would be nice :evil:
You can still catch me
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Darn. When I read about the concert, I had forgotten I was reading a Kokia thread. Sniff. I started already planning to get my lazy feet on the move and then noticed the tab opened a site talking about Kokia. Sniff. Not enough to get me moving.

Btw, the above site is in English as well if you just click the flag.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Heavenly Ocean

Post by Heavenly Ocean »

Hello!

So if you were to buy an album from KOKIA which one would you recomend as a first choice? From what I hear from her: musics like Tenshi, River, Sayonara wa Iwanaide, Arigato and I Believe, she has a great voice!

Can you recomend me a calm album? A more mystical one? ^^

Arigato!!!!
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Remember me :wink:
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

KOKIA's concert in France was GREAT !!! I don't know a lot of english word to say that it was amazing, her voice is so strong, she is a very nice person, and ALL peole who report it say that it is one of the best concert they have ever seen....

My french report : http://tossthefeathers.free.fr/kokia.htm

I love you KOKIA !!!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Oh she sang chouwa *_*
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

tomoni and say hi are my favourite kokia songs so far but 'im missing a lot of stuff from her..

songbird is generally really really really terrible though, probably one of the worst albums i've heard in my life, only her voice is worth anything.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

You can see two of the Paris performances here:

www.jvcmusic.co.jp/kokia