Utada Hikaru

Place for non-Maaya topics.
li0n

Post by li0n »

i love this album!
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="li0n"]i love this album![/quote]

Me too!! I got to hear it today. It's so awesome. I'm so glad I bought it.
I like cereal.
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

*is glad everyone seems pleased with the album*

I pre-ordered it aaaaages ago, and have vowed not to download anything.
My copy shall arrive shortly....yes....yes....*going crazy not being able to listen to it yet*
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

I listened to it today too! I love all the new songs. I didn't like some of the already released ones, but still, it's a pretty good album! Hikki did a wonderful job, IMO.
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

The Korean of Ultra Blue version comes out June 20th according to YesAsia. I believe they're just as legit as Japanese ones, but they're always half the price. I have no idea why Japan continues to gouge their own people with music prices.

Utada - Ultra Blue (Korean Version) $15
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="Gibb"]The Korean of Ultra Blue version comes out June 20th according to YesAsia. I believe they're just as legit as Japanese ones, but they're always half the price. I have no idea why Japan continues to gouge their own people with music prices.

Utada - Ultra Blue (Korean Version) $15[/quote]

That's the version I bought. I love Korean versions!!
I like cereal.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

OMG

THIS ALBUM IS LIKE THE BEST MUSIC THAT HAS EVER REACHED MY EARS

Or, maybe not that far of an exaggeration, but I think it could easily be the best jpop album of 2006. It's just... amazing. It grabs you right from the first song. Whoever hasn't heard this NEEDS TO.

(I currently have it uploaded here)
li0n

Post by li0n »

is that your webserver frecklegirl? pretty fast for me here in australia^^
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Awesome! Thanks a bunch frecklegirl ^__^

I really like Nichiyou no asa. That means Sunday morning right?
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

^yup.

Finally, (only three days after release, but it felt much longer) I have the album in my hands......

*stares at it*

its so beautiful....inside and out....

:3
Nami Amadeus

Post by Nami Amadeus »

Ah, dammit! Why do I have to be on dial up?! ;_; *shall be patient while she dls the file* Anywho, yeah. I've already heard some of the songs on her Ultra Blue album, but I want to hear the song that she does with the lead singer of The Back Horn. =)

But, yeah. Hikki is one of my favorite singers. I kinda wish Exodus got a little more recognition. It wasn't up there with her Japanese albums, but I liked how she mixed synthesizers and such with blues tunes in Easy Breezy (not to mention Jeff Golub [or was it Jeff Beck?] playing guitar in the song was pretty spiffy). I think my favorite album of hers is either First Love or Distance. I haven't really decided. But there's a few songs on Deep River that are my all time favorites (ie Uso Mitai na I Love You, ASAP, Parody, and Traveling). I think I'm wanting to go with Distance, though. Maybe I'm just being weird, but the style of her songs on Distance kinda appeal to me. The styles of Deep River and First Love I like, but Distance really gets me, save for the actual song Distance. It kinda annoys me sometimes. (I kinda like Final Distance better. I like piano. :3) I like all her albums that I've heard, though.

Must be patient and dl Ultra Blue. Must be patiend and dl Ultra Blue. As soon as it finishes, it goes straight to my mp3 player! :lol:
Once you extend your outstretched hands to me, I'll never let go, even in death.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Ultra Blue to me was like a direct mix of Deep River and Exodus - with Deep Rivers tunes and Exodus' instrumental style.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="li0n"]is that your webserver frecklegirl? pretty fast for me here in australia^^[/quote]

Yep! It's actually not my server, but my friend's, and he lets me host my stuff on it because his hosting service is amazing and he has loads of bandwidth and space to spare. :D

[quote="Gibb"]I really like Nichiyou no asa. That means Sunday morning right?[/quote]

Yes it does, and it's referring to Christmas morning 2005, which was a Sunday. :)
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

At last I went to the Utada United concert in Saitama super arena!

It was a hot and rainy day here in the Kanto area, so I left home carrying an umbrella, that I didn't get to use, and spent the 2 hours ride from my house to Saitama reading.

The concert was amazing, actually the concert was more of seeing Utada Hikaru in the flesh and listen to her songs, than hearing her sing.... Her live voice... is not that good, specially with the high notes... yikes..! But once there... the energy is unbeliavable...!
I love her, there's no other words.

here are some pics from the goods I bought... coudn't take a picture inside the arena... :(
Kem

Post by Kem »

That is so cool!! I wish she did concerts in the US.
I like cereal.