new animes, favorite animes

Place for non-Maaya topics.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

speaking of new anime,, something caught my brain.. is there any news bout new ghibli animation,, ive just seen spirited away and the grave of the fireflies from them and they're simply amazing.. and perhaps steam boy,, what's the newest one??
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

[quote="Merri"]I disliked the Hello Lucky, but I still watched it for amusement.

I don't think Azumanga can even be compared to Lucky Star, they're all too far apart in style of humor; I wouldn't recommend Lucky Star to someone who liked Azumanga.[/quote]

Really? I love Azumanga, it's still my favourite comedy. Osaka is still my anime dream girl. But I still found Lucky star reasonably funny. The humour is more akin to maybe Haruhi though.

Got to watch more serious stuff, Zegapain was a good start, waiting for new Macross ,Stand Alone and Appleseed. Any ather suggestions for serious anime?

Kirei, the last Ghibli I heard of was Tales from Earthsea, done by Miyazaki's son.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="kaimugen"]Kirei, the last Ghibli I heard of was Tales from Earthsea, done by Miyazaki's son.[/quote]
yea, ive just seen that also.. it's quite good imo but not really close to those two film i mention earlier... can't help it.. sen to chihiro is the top japanese box office movie right now isn't it?? :wink:
Certe

Post by Certe »

Well, sorry for the interruption.^^
But has anybody seen the anime 'mahou sensei negima'?
I have seen it a few days ago and I really love it.
But the end was so sad, I was almost about to cry... no, it's a joke.^^

Or is anybody watching 'naruto shippuuden'?
I think it's really exciting, but the plot is shown so slowly in comparison to the manga that it is sometimes rather annoying. :P
And waiting for the next episode every week is annoying as well.
But it can't be helped. :D
my currently favourite Maaya-song: Pilot

*(I'm very sorry for not visiting this forum so much^^')*
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

[quote="Certe"]
But has anybody seen the anime 'mahou sensei negima'?
[/quote]
Don't forget there are two.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negima

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negima%21%3F

I think you mean the first, the original, buyable in Germany. It's also more fun.
Certe

Post by Certe »

yes, I mean the first one^^
I think the first one is called 'negima!'
and the second is called 'negima!?', isn't it?

I haven't seen 'negima!?' yet, but I would like to watch it. :D
my currently favourite Maaya-song: Pilot

*(I'm very sorry for not visiting this forum so much^^')*
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Does anyone remember love?

I watched the first ep of Macross Frontier. It is still too early to tell but I want it to be good. I'm trusting that Shouji Kawamori and Yoko Kanno have never made a bad series.
The animation is typically Satelight. Not as fluid as Gonzo but still very good. Mecha design looks good so far, the VF-25 is a pretty thing in all 3 modes. The alien design is very cool.
Music wise, intially I didn't feel that Sheryl Nomu has the presence of Sharon Apple. But Ranka is great. Megumi Nakajima has a great voice with lots of potential. Her performance of the end theme is superb with Kanno's new arrangement of a classic song.
The series starts in april, I cant wait. Looks like the OST is a must buy as well, just for Megumi....
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

id love to see more of kanno's works..
could there be a chance of maaya giving a contribution to this new macross title in the future?? *hope hope*
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I finished watching Lovely Complex....so cute
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I haven't heard anything about Maaya's involvment in Mac F and I dont think it will happen unfortunetly. There are some stuff on youtube if you want to sneak a peek. This is the trailer for Ep2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NN3dVC_nBs. The song playing is one of Sheryl's.

What is the story about Sakura, it sounds like girls anime?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I guess it's more of a 'girls' anime, although it got recommended to me by 2 guys :P

It's about a tall girl and a short guy who annoy each other and how their relationship evolves.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I googled lovely complex. I might watch it if I can find a torrent. It's been ages since I saw a romantic comedy.
itada19

Post by itada19 »

Special A! looks like Ouran Highschool Host Club to me but it's worth to watch it.....enjoy! enjoy!
moro

Post by moro »

okay~
My absolute favorites are
Card captor sakura
Tsubasa chronicle
xxxholic
(and all the other works of CLAMP)
Arjuna
Ouran highschool host club
and Nodame cantabile live action

Pitaten and Kamichama Karin are also cute

Card Captor Sakura is great I really love it!!! I starded reeding it four years ago and till today its my absolute favorite! Tsubasa chronicle...I prefer reeding the Manga and watching the OVAs but the soundtrack for the anime is just great (Kajiura)

And mostly I noticed later, that Maaya Sakamoto was revelated to most of those animes <3 (next reason to watch them)

I totally agree with the point, that Kanno is a awesome composer :) She's is one of my composer-idols ;)
Chrona_is_so_cute^^

Post by Chrona_is_so_cute^^ »

SOUL EATER!!!!! XDDDDD best anime ever made EVA! lol^^