new animes, favorite animes

Place for non-Maaya topics.
charp

Post by charp »

well, fmp the original series and the second raid are both based on the fmp novels, which were more serious in nature. fumoffu was based on the manga. so i don't think it's fair to compare drama and the comedy series.
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

This anime season sucks. -.-; I've been watching a bit of Mushishi, but even though I know the stories are so nice, it's just a little too slow (it needs more plot than just single stories with no real connection).
And... ah, I got Kakurenbo, which is about children who get stolen by monsters when they play hide-and-seek and then some kid tries to get his sister back. I couldn't properly watch it yet, though, because the file is corrupted. :cry:
So, right now, all I'm watching the is Hana Yori Dango Live Action Drama, because I'm a fan of old of that series (well, it's my favourite ^.^; ). It turned out good. :neko:

As for Full Metal Panic - I've seen one episode, it couldn't tempt me any further. I've heard good things about Fumoffu, though... (like here, for example ^.^; ).
bad day today

Post by bad day today »

Hohoho.. Fullmetal Panic is soo good I've watched all of them!! :P I reccomended you guys watch it from the first series.. because the relationships between Chidori and Sousuke started there.

Just think about Fumoffu as some funny, plotless stories between (which I like ^^). Therefore, even if you don't watch the first series you would still understand the story, because it's plotless. You just have to know the basic things like "Sousuke was there to protect Chidori from ehm.. whatever" and "Chidori likes Sousuke but he just some slow-thinking so he didn't notice"!!

And Fullmetal Panic TSR gives us the continuing of Chidori & Sousuke love story.. because they were apart.. so at last both of them realize the importance of being with each other!! Not to mention the improvement of Sousuke with Arbalest.. I would never missed this one!!

Another anime that I'm stuck with is Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny (OMG.. Athrun and Kira is sooo handsome!!) then again BLEACH, yakitate! Japan and Tsubasa ReserVoir Chronicle (hwee.. it's having a vacation... and will starts again in April next year..)

I've talked too much! ^^
Igamelec

Post by Igamelec »

Fumoffu is the best anime I've seen together with FLCL and Millenium Actress.
Don't diss it.

Watching FMP1 raises the quality of seeing Fumoffu quite a bit.
li0n

Post by li0n »

Mmm, yeah I'm watcing Monster atm, so far, probably one of the best animes ever created, it's virtually flawless. The characters are perfect and interact with each other perfectly which makes everything feel and seem so real.

Elfen lied however, was terrible in my opinion :\.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

heheh,

fav anime/manga: Esca, Bebop, Macross plus, Rahxephon, Wolfs Rain, Arjuna, Stand alone complex (Yoko sama saikou), Azumanga daioh, Full metal panic, Excel Saga, Maison Ikkoku, Rayearth, X1999, Mugen no jyunin, Inuyasha, Cardcaptor Sakura, Slayers, Eden...

fumoffu and tsr was animated by Kyoto ani, the first season was by gonzo so there was a change in feeling. fumoffu is my fav of the series (loved the op/ed songs) but i liked them all, tsr was suprisingly dark, not much humour at all, more emotional.

currently watching Keroro Gunso (very funny), and downloading Eureka 7.

must stop watching anime and get out more, im a bit of a lone wolf, maybe just antisocial.... :wink:

hmm, lion is from australia? kiwis won the bledisloe nyahaha.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

I've had a huge craving for new anime lately so I've been watching a whole bunch of new series, as well as some older stuff from earlier this year. I put some screenshots of a few of them on my website (i'll have the name be a link if you want to check it out).

Magical Pokan - A very cute/slightly ecchi comedy about four unusual girls that moved into a house in the big city. The girls are all based on classic monsters from american television. Liru is a werewolf, Yuuma is a witch, Pachira is a vampire/succubus, and Aiko is a frankenstein/android. The story deals with the goofy situations they get into on a daily basis.

Kyou no 5 no 2 - A very short comedy OVA about a bunch of school kids and their antics. It's only 2 episodes long but it's hilarious. I really hope they make a full TV series based on this.

Kamisama Kazoku - A story about a high school kid who's the son of a god. His dad wants him to learn how humans live so he makes his son into a normal human. He's guarded by an angel named Tenko, who's been his childhood friend since birth.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Macross F!!!![/size]

Shoji Kawamori, Yoko Kanno and a new Macross series. Its got awesome written all over it. Mmmm, Macross. I can't wait.
Hopefully the Appleseed series and 2nd movie should be good.

On the down side, Hideaki Anno's bank acount must be in a bad state because he's still trying to milk otaku of more money by releasing 3 more Evangelion movies (and a LIVE action Eva movie by the US, which has suck written all over it). You can't polish poop.
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Now I'm starting to follow Lucky Star (It's Bazaa's fault!). The moe day by day of a crazy otaku: Konata Izumi
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Spring holiday anime marathon! Watched Sousei No Aquarion, pretty good show, rocking soundtrack by Kanno and addictive songs by AKINO. Started on Zegapain, and saw the first season of Slayers for fun.

Saw the opening of Lucky Star on youtube, mental, probably going to give it a try.

Btw, how is Bazaa? She hasn't visited in a while.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

just watched one movie anime brave story from gonzo,, it's about a boy named Wataru who enter a gate to other dimension (read:world) called vision aiming one wish to be granted by the god of justice,, he then meet his friend from school Ashikawa who had the same goal.. They both have bad luck and tragedy in the real world that made them want to change that..

the animation is really tidy, the story is somewhat good even that it is quite simple.. and the characters are strong.. the lack of details and emotion could be some example of weaknesses and this film really isn't for you who seek grownup materials or complicated plot.. anyway watch it!!
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Zegapain has been really good. Akino Arai's opening song is good. The interaction between the characters is the highlight, especially Kyo and Ryoko. Finished Lucky star, mad, pointless and lots of fun.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I failed to enjoy Lucky Star entirely, but I still did watch the entire show. I guess I might not be an otaku enough for it to be a hit to me (atleast I understood that it would be very much aimed at otaku watchers).
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Agreed, Lucky Star is very otaku oriented. I though there were too many references to Haruhi and FMP as well. I love Akira sama though, she cracked me up, the 'Hello Lucky' corner was what I looked forward to every episode. Overall not as good as Azumanga Daioh, but I liked it.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I disliked the Hello Lucky, but I still watched it for amusement.

I don't think Azumanga can even be compared to Lucky Star, they're all too far apart in style of humor; I wouldn't recommend Lucky Star to someone who liked Azumanga.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript