So many countries!

Place for non-Maaya topics.
neopeius

So many countries!

Post by neopeius »

In my first post on this great board, I noticed something almost immediately. We're all from so many different countries! In one thread alone, there was a Brasilian, a Mexican, a French(wo)man... it was awesome.

I love that Maaya (and anime in general) has such a broad fan base. We're truly an international community.

By the way, I am from the United States of America (as opposed to the Estados Unidos de Mexico or the Dominion of Canada--also in North America). Our country is kind of neat in that it is a microcosm of the world in its diversity too.

Hmm. I suppose this is a lousy topic. See what you can add to it. ^_^
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Your post sums up one of my favorite features about Anime. Most people get into anime as a kind of whim, but quickly get drawn into the culture and crave more. I spent the first 14 years of my life obviously to pretty much anything outside Texas, but discovered things such as the anime's Sailor Moon, Akira, Fist of the North Star, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Kimagure Orange Road, and quickly found love in Jpop bands such as the Brilliant Green, Hitomi, Ayumi Hamasaki, etc. Nowadays I'm open to most anything, music or otherwise. The people at Blockbuster thing i'm nuts because I rent anything that is not in English. Russian, German, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, it doesnt matter.

One of these days I hope to take a 2 week vacation with a couple friends to tour Japan. I think it would be neat to see the country in person, and not just take for granted what I've seen in anime (which is likely not factual). I'd also like to be swarmed by school girls who walk in slow motion and have sparkles and bubbles floating around their heads.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Igamelec

Post by Igamelec »

"I'd also like to be swarmed by school girls who walk in slow motion and have sparkles and bubbles floating around their heads."

lol, too true

yeah, you're right about nationalities, neo. It makes for more fun and it's also probably a gathering of the best people from different places ;p Too bad for you that you come from such a boring, uninteresting and really not exotic place! ^^
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I'm an english person living in New Zealand now! :3
Igamelec

Post by Igamelec »

an other internet acquitance of mine is also English and moved to NZ. From one rainy island to another, isn't it? :P
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Seems NZ is a lot rainier than the UK, i've never seen so much rain before :roll:
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

hehehe

At first i was also suprised about the diversity, but i sorta got used to it.
Like oh, "your from Brasil...cool... oh.. your from New Zeland. cool.. oh your from... the Moon?"

Even if we are from differente countries, i am happy to see we have something in common. Even if its starts with anime, i would preffer to be just an excuse to meet.
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="chibiNekomancer"]hehehe

At first i was also suprised about the diversity, but i sorta got used to it.
Like oh, "your from Brasil...cool... oh.. your from New Zeland. cool.. oh your from... the Moon?"

Even if we are from differente countries, i am happy to see we have something in common.[/quote]
Well, it was the purpose for creating that place^^ to unit all Maaya fans ! ^o^ (even if for now it's mostly limitated to English speakers... :s )
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/