Favorite TV programs

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Merri
Posting Freak

Favorite TV programs

Post by Merri »

We need to have more of these non-senseful topics! So... what is or what are your favorite tv shows? For me, almost any documentary will do. I also like to watch nature programs and sports. My TV watching varies a lot, sometimes I watch more than little, sometimes not at all.

TV, you've lost the war against the Internet!
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

i dont watch tv anymore T_T
but when i had time i spent most of my days watchin animes like Digimon uhuhuuhuuuuhuhuhuhuhu Yukidarumon~
cough cough...and Extreme Make over XD and THe Swan XD you know? just those shows which we learn much about plastic surgeries HuUAuHAUhUAHuAhuAUAhuAhu soo cool XD
maybe one day~
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Sora

Post by Sora »

When I'm at home, I'm more in front of the computer than in front of the TV too, but here in Paris you can only connect the computers to internet in the living room where the TV is, so I can be in front of both at the same time here^^

Usually I like watching documentaries (any kind of documentary, but especially the "Globe Trekker / Pilot Guides" TV shows, broadcasted on the 5th French channel), movies (there's a lot of recent movies on the 4th [crypted] channel and good foreign movies [including Japanese movies] on the 5th channel) and also some TV series (the most recent is "Lost" ; I also watch "Nip Tuck" and "Sex and the City" here with other girls^^)
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

I'm not too big a fan of watching commercial TV, especially the crap they play on TV in the US. As the months/years go by, it seems like reality TV is taking up more and more of the airwaves. I rabidly hate reality TV, but what bugs me even more is how my fellow americans eat that stuff up like candy. For those of you not in the US, here are some examples of reality shows we have:

Disclaimer: Dont read the following list as shows I like, please read the above paragraph to know that I hate these shows lol.

Who's your daddy - Show where some girl was given up for adoption when she was young. Now she has to meet with 4 or 5 old men and spend a couple weeks or whatever with them. Then if she guesses the correct old guy as her real father, she wins some cash....

The Biggest Loser - Show where a bunch of overweight people compete to lose weight, while constantly being rediculed and belittled by some annoying bitch. The overweight people vote on who's the "biggest loser" and he has to go home without getting any money or however it works.

Who wants to marry my Mom? - (i'm not too clear on this one cause I only saw 4 seconds of a commercial) I think it has something to do with the Daughters dating old guys to see if they're fit to be with the mom...

Needless to say, I rarely turn on my TV anymore unless i'm playing games or watching DVDs.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

You can guess it, they show that here too. I'm ok with some of the better made ones, but really, who wants to see Finnish Big Brother? Too much realitytv. But I guess it can't be helped: majority loves it. Loves it all too much.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

Haha, a friend of mine who's half Finnish said her mum kept watching the Finnish Big Brother while saying all the time "This is so stupid...." Maybe all viewers feel like this?

I also like to watch documentaries, mostly political stuff. Those about Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia and what people think of the US are very frequent... the last one I've seen was about why people become terrorrists and where the hate for "The West" comes from.

Apart from that - oh no, TV! I'm always on the computer..
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

I don't use to watch TV, but sometimes...

"Standard" TV:[/size]
At monday's night I use to watch CSI. At 22:00 CSI:Miami 3rd season and at 23:00 CSI:NY 1st season. My favourite is CSI:LasVegas.
I also watch some interesting football matches (F.C. Barcelona mainly) or a movie from time to time.

Cable TV:[/size]
When I'm bored and start to zap channels I use to stop in documentary channels: Canal Historia, Documania, Odisea, Discovery Channel.
I use to watch every sunday night The Daily Show:Global Edition in Paramount Commedy.
I also got hooked in the first season of Enterprise. Now I'm waiting for the second season.
niobie

Post by niobie »

Big Brother? XD kidding but i didn't resist XD . Well i don't watch tv that much but when i do i like to watch movies or tv series. My favourites, emergency room and CSI definitively.
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

I forgot a great program from public tv about scientific popularization: Redes