Are there places to study Japanese in Paris?

Place for non-Maaya topics.
frecklegirl

Are there places to study Japanese in Paris?

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Sora"]Last year when I had to move to Paris to study Japanese, the first week had been hard too[/quote]

Ooh, there are places to study Japanese in Paris? Where? I'll be studying abroad there next year and I really want to continue studying Japanese but I don't know what universities offer classes. Where did you take yours?

--------------------------------------
Moderation note:
Splitted from here
Related to here
[/size]
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="frecklegirl"]Ooh, there are places to study Japanese in Paris? Where? I'll be studying abroad there next year and I really want to continue studying Japanese but I don't know what universities offer classes. Where did you take yours?[/quote]
I studied Japanese at the INALCO... and I'm still studying Japanese there actually^^

It's a school located in Paris where you can study about 90 different languages and civilizations, including Japanese (one of the biggest department of the school, with Chinese, Russian and Arabian) ; the program is very complete, including different classes for the language (writing, oral, grammar, translation, exercises...) and the civilization (history, sociology, geography, litterature, politic, music, modern art, classical art, philosophy... but you can't take all, you have to choose :s ). I think it's the only place in Europe with such a wide choice, but the conditions (bad timetables, classrooms too small compared to the number of students [people usually end sitting everywhere on the floor or in the corridors...], high speed of the classes...) are quite hard ; a lot of people (the half..?) give up around Christmas and the number of people succeeding at the exams is quite low (from what people told me and what I saw myself). So, better be very motivated and ready to study and learn a lot in a small amount of time (teachers told us we were learning in two years what Japanese children usually learn in 8 years or so).

The other place where you can study Japanese in Paris is the University Paris VII Denis Diderot (also called Jussieu) ; I can't tell you much about it, but from what I know, there is some kind of rivality existing between Jussieu and INALCO students^^; (the Japanese cursus is known to be more complete at the INALCO but people also say we are lazy students~ ¬¬)

Of course, all the classes are in French, so better be fluent in this language... ^^;
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

woowww @_@ The only thing is I don't know if the study-abroad program I'm doing will let me take classes at either of those schools. There's about 7 universities in Paris where we can take additional classes and I don't think those are on it. But that's really, really interesting, and I will definitely have to look into it.

I'm not fluent in French, but I have been studying it for 5 years now, so the reason I am going to Paris is to perfect my French and become fluent. So if not by the first semester there, by the second I should be good enough to take classes in it. :) Besides, foreign languages is my special talent, and I've been dying to go to a place where things are actually taught at a rigorous pace, and not slowed down so that people who aren't as good at them can keep up. So that sounds quite perfect. Thanks so much for the info :) I'm all excited now.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

My ex boyfriend studies at Jussieu...its really really really intense and because of his timetables (he has to study 5 subjects for 5 years) we haven't had time to speak for about a year...but he does japanese, computer science, maths..something else...I forget.