Whoa, you can use BabelFish!

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Merri
Posting Freak

Whoa, you can use BabelFish!

Post by Merri »

I've been reading the international Maaya forums which I do not understand using the BabelFish. The topics are... interesting to read!
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Gibb

Re: Whoa, you can use BabelFish!

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Merri"]I've been reading the international Maaya forums which I do not understand using the BabelFish. The topics are... interesting to read![/quote]

I used to use babelfish way back in the day, but lately I've been using the one built into Opera. You just highlight the text, right click, translate, choose language and boom you're good to go. Funny thing is, it opens up some weird Japanese site to translate (basically a page the Japanese would use to translate their own text into english).

I also like Google's translator
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

My point wasn't actually the translation part, but the mistakes. For example, the Chinese forum content is full of kisses :) I don't actually know if it an error, it just seems weird seeing it so much (almost in every post).
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Merri"]My point wasn't actually the translation part, but the mistakes. For example, the Chinese forum content is full of kisses :) I don't actually know if it an error, it just seems weird seeing it so much (almost in every post).[/quote]

perhaps it is in chinese forum culture to put a kiss smiley in every post, much the way it's customary to put an unbelievably gaudy animated gif with sparkles and glitter in your signature in the Univision forum here in the states... lol
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

[quote="Merri"]For example, the Chinese forum content is full of kisses :) I don't actually know if it an error, it just seems weird seeing it so much (almost in every post).[/quote]

Babelfish probably picks that one Kanji ('kiss') out of the context and so Chinese people seem to be kissing a lot in written speech? Ha... seems like Babelfish is quite the romantic. :P
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Babelfish is the king. Just try to write something in english and then translate it to your native language, and you have the ultimate quote. XD But yeah, it's quite useful for reading some articles and stuff. And for here, I understand some of the sections, but I feel like it's none of my business what they're talking in those ^^;
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

BabelFish doesn't support Finnish :/ But well... if it supported (like it did sometime), it wouldn't be no use. Machine just can't translate Finnish at all (well, there are some commercial products of pretty good quality, but they cost lots of money).
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Well, I can make a example for you.
Let's translate "Era uma vez um cão que gostava de frango", meaning, "Once upon a time there was a dog who liked chiken", to english.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!
A dog was a time that liked chicken
Oh well, it wasn't as bad as I thought. It's the best when you translate a word that has many meanings
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me