J-drama

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Bazaa

J-drama

Post by Bazaa »

Have you ever watched a J-Drama? How was it? What's your favorite?

I've watched Last Christmas and GTO. They were both good, because I couldn't stand the GTO anime and actually liked the live action. Last Christmas is my favorite, because it's so beautiful, sad and funny at the same time.

I wanted to start watching another drama, but I don't know which. That's why I thought that I could talk about this with you guys :neko:
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Sora

Post by Sora »

Right now I'm watching "1 RITTORU no Namida" ("1 Litre of Tears", based on a true story) and "Hana Yori Dango" ("Boys Over Flowers", Japanese adaptation of Yoko Kamio's famous manga) ; both are currently aired in Japan^^

"Hana Yori Dango" is one of my favourite manga (I've finished reading all the 36 tomes some weeks ago^^) so I had some apprehension toward the adaptation, but actually I think it's pretty good and funny^^ "1 RITTORU no Namida", in the contrary, is a sad and tragic story (I couldn't help but cry at the end of the 4th episode T__T). Last summer I also started watching "Yoshitsune" but I didn't have enough time to download the episodes and now there are about 50 of them x___X

Since I haven't watched that many dramas yet, I can't really recommend you anything^^; (furthermore, it all depends on what kind of tv series you like watching : comedy, romance, tragedy, historical dramas...) but I think you could have a look at this page : http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Category:JDrama2005 ; I just found it and it seems to list all the dramas aired in Japan this year, with summaries and links to the official websites ^_~
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
chrono

Post by chrono »

J-drama is awesome :)

I've seen:
-GTO Live Action
-Sailor Moon Live Action
-Taiho shichau zo! Live Action
-Densha otoko
-Hana yori dango Live Action (the new one)
-Hotaru no haka Live Action

So far, I might have to say that I liked Densha otoko the best out of them. That was just awesome.

I'm attempting to watch the Marmalade Boy drama.
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

By the way, for those who liked Hotaru no Haka, the 1988 anime movie, the drama version aired this month, in celebration of the 60th anniversary of the end of the War. It was even more beautiful than the original, in my opinion.

I'm watching Koi ni Ochitara now, it seems pretty good by now (i'm on episode 2). I'll try "1 ritoru no Namida" after this one :maaya:
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

I love Hana Yori Dango. XD It's my total favourite of all times, but then again, I've only seen parts of Waterboys and the whole of Shotgun Marriage prior to that, so I'm not too experienced with J-drama stuff... still, HYD is so good!
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

I don't know if it counts as j-drama... but Pretty Guardian Sailormoon, the live action of (obviously) Sailormoon, was REALLY good. Ahhh! :3
li0n

Post by li0n »

Ahh, I really want to see Densha Otoko.

I saw the muckup video of that when they try to see if it works out in real life and fool all these poor otakus! Pretty funny ^^ :P

hmm, ones that i've seen from memory
Summer Snow
Beautiful Life (not that great i think it's quite overrated though you may as well watch it)
Good Luck!
Pride
Orange Days
kimi wa petto..... umm pretty bad :P
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

from what ive remembered.. and first thought rating,, *sorry it's just too sudden*

edit:
posted simplified ratings at next page

and some others. i forgot

currently still watching or next scheduled watch:
kekkon dekinai otoko
ima, ai ni yukimasu
ai no uta
tatta hitotsu no koi
nodame cantabile
karei naru ichizoku
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

edit:

:D

looks like there's only a few jdorama fuckers here :?
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

edit:

can't complete ima, ai ni yukimasu and tatta hitotsu no koi.. TT
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

just watched..
proposal daisakusen 8.5/10
.. surely u have to catch this out

it's about a guy who attend his childhood friend's marriage *which is of course a girl*.. soon he found himself to be in a deep regret seeing the girl and the groom *which is happen to be his teacher* in that wedding party.. he regret his foolishness to not able to express his love before and when the memorial photoshoot session held *i can't find a better word for this* he whispered in his mind something about wanna do it all over again and *whoosh* the time stop,, a fairy came and grant his wish,, and he travel back in time to fix the expression that the girl has in those photos,, and yep!! the photo did change and when he asked "can i go to the photo again" the fairy answered "no you can't jump to the same photo twice" and he responded again"and how if the photo isn't the same" To me it's a good example for a teenage dorama, although the story is not too deep and as usually yamapi still far for being a genius of actors like kimu-taku was,, it's really a good show. the last scene is the best.
itada19

Post by itada19 »

uhmmm...

GTO
Hana Kimi
Hana Yori Dango

Oh, by the way....will they release the hana kimi special? when?
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

humm.. i think i'll post the dorama rates once more.. it looks screwed up with all those decimals.. next time i won't put the decimal, so it'll goes like.. beautiful life 10/10, yasashii jikan 10/10 and so on..

itada, i dun know Hana Kimi really well. what kind of dorama is that.. btw u're the first posters, *except me, of course* since the renaissance era.. :D
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

Well I watch j-dramas, k-dramas too. I want to say my favorite j-drama, but last friends is becoming that drama. But I've enjoyed lots of j-dramas, hero was a great one. Also I watched some of hataraki man ( haven;t finished translating it... There was this one drama that was about a girl with big boobs, only watched the first episode... but I was always planning to go back and watch more.... Uhm... I watched roof top room cat (can't remember much, lol), it was k-drama...
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

what's the title jigen?? i mean dorama with the big boobs girl.. for those kinda dorama ive watched "shimokita glory days" and "xenos".. both are sucks. well mybe shimokita has a pretty funny story.. and xenos has better story but being a mystery dorama with such low quality of act is no good. well, at least they have some fanservices ><

anyway this is my wishlist for now..
- change *ive always watch kimutaku dorama.. in addition there will be hiroshi abe too.. remind me of hero. :roll: *
- last friends
- bara no nai hanaya
- hotaru no hikari *there's ryoko kuninaka, haruka ayase and fujiki naohito*
- upcoming dorama, code blue: there'll be gakki, erika toda and yamapi and the fact that it'll be a tie-in for mr. children upcoming single, hanabi. :lol: