Chihiro Onitsuka

Place for non-Maaya topics.
li0n

Chihiro Onitsuka

Post by li0n »

Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

She has a good voice, but most of her songs are too plain imo. I tend to get a feeling I'm listening to the same song over and over again.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
li0n

Post by li0n »

Heh, my friends say the same thing. I also read what you said in your blog too hehehe. But yeah, Onitsuka is definately without a doubt my favourite.

I see what you mean though ^
Sora

Post by Sora »

Her song "infection" is incredible ; I think I cried (what..?!? again ?!? =_=; ;) [/size] listening to it the first time~

But apart of this one, I don't know a lot about her discography (busy busy~~~ x__X) but she seems to be a talented lyricist ; I remember reading somewhere that she was writing and composing her songs at night and sleeping during the day^^ No wonder she always seems so tired and sleepy on all the magazines pictures I see~ ^^;;
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Chihiro is great.

I currently have the bridge part of "Stars" as my cell phone ring tone. Before that I had the bridge part of Kodoku (maaya) as the ring tone.

As Sora said, infection is just incredible. I've listened to that song maybe 200 times, and I cant get enough of it. My second fav song is probably "stars", then 3rd being "shine".

She also has alot of songs I just cant stand, so she's not the most well rounded artist I suppose. Her "SINGLES 2000-2003" album is quite good tho, for new fans.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Ahhhhh Chihiro :) :) I love her, she is so cool. Her songs do all sort of sound alike but they are all infused with such emotion and power, I don't care. I just wish I knew what was going on with her. She has been on unofficial hiatus for forEVER now... something to do with her contract, or with her voice surgery... I don't know... but I want to know what's going on, is her career over, or what? Seriously...

Sora: There's discography on the Oni section of my site, if you ever wanted to look that up~

Gibb: What song "Stars"? I've got most of her stuff and I don't even recognize that title! What's it from?
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Well I have it from the "Best of CHIHIRO" collection, track 13 on disc 2. I can try to find someplace to upload it if you dont have it. My ring tone starts at 2:26 in the song. I love that part so much that I hardly remember to answer my phone @_@
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Yes, I would like that, if you can find a place to upload it (YouSendIt, etc). :)

Is "Best of Chihiro" the same as "Singles 2000-2003"? I just can't find that anywhere on Yesasia...
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

LOL I'm an idiot. Stars is a Chihiro Yonekura song. I suppose when I downloaded it years ago I just thought it Chihiro Onitsuka and threw it in the same folder :cry:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 003316711/

I thought those albums sounded awfully different but I just thought it was her older stuff lol.

Anyway here is the Stars song, from Yonekura.

Stars.zip
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Here's the PV for infection. Pretty interesting but very very strange :P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bqnZsbZVuhM&search=chihiro

the live version (HERE) is interesting as well. She REALLY seems to get into her songs. Looks like she's in physical anguish trying to sing the song : /
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Gibb"]LOL I'm an idiot. Stars is a Chihiro Yonekura song. I suppose when I downloaded it years ago I just thought it Chihiro Onitsuka and threw it in the same folder :cry:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/c ... 003316711/

I thought those albums sounded awfully different but I just thought it was her older stuff lol.[/quote]

Ahahaha. I figured you were talking about a different Chihiro, but then you mentioned 'Infection' etc and I just got so confused. There -are- a lot of different Chihiro's, though...
li0n

Post by li0n »

[quote="Gibb"]Here's the PV for infection. Pretty interesting but very very strange :P

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bqnZsbZVuhM&search=chihiro

the live version (HERE) is interesting as well. She REALLY seems to get into her songs. Looks like she's in physical anguish trying to sing the song : /[/quote]

Yeah, that was her at the Symphony Hall, her infection at Ultimate Crash '02 in Budokan was normal. Arashi Ga oka, and Beautiful Fighter are the ones you should look out for at her Symphony Hall concert ^__^

edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tsd0YdCeuNg&search=chihiro
and there it is ^^ :)