Ayumi Hamasaki - HEAVEN

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Gibb

Ayumi Hamasaki - HEAVEN

Post by Gibb »

About a week ago I first saw the PV (music video) for this song and was in awe. The song and video are so powerful that I was about as close to crying as an insensitive jerk like me can get. I think i'd go as far as to say it is the best music video I've ever seen, and I'd highly recommend looking for it if you havent seen it. Unfortunately the torrent I found it from is not around anymore, and I dont know where else it would be found.

The song is on her (miss) understood album, which in my opinion is her worst album ever lol. I only like 2 songs out of it, and even tho HEAVEN is one of her best songs ever, it doesnt help the album from not sucking too badly lol.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

HEAVEN was alright, although it sounds similar to most of her other ballads. I actually liked Will much more. Both have a nice Japanese feel to the instrumentation.

As for the PV (you can watch it HERE), I thought it was really boring. No great shakes at all. Not terrible, but just pretty cheesy and dry. And the fake crying....jeeeeeeze.....>.>

I did really like that weird little dress she had though. ^_^

A truly moving song/performance for me was Utada Hikaru's performance of Be My Last at Bokura no Ongaku.
That performance moved me to tears.
Check it out
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

"Cheesy and dry" :cry:

I thought it was a refreshing pace to have a powerful song and have a non-changing camera. I also thought the incorporation of the subway train and the song was really neat.

I love "be my last" but I'm not too sure I like the live version as much as the studio one. The background music is awesome in the live version, but she's all over the place with the vocals.

One thing's for sure, it's ALOT better than the PV for Be My Last, which is very bad, but not quite as bad as her new PV for "keep tryin'". That video makes me want to stab my eyes with a spoon >_<

edit: here's that video if you happen to like pain keep trying (please note i'm exhaggerating quite a bit. It's not that horrid, and i sort of like the song, but it's just over the top weird >_<)
Kem

Post by Kem »

I don't know if you have heard the other song on the single called "Will", but I think that is the better song. "Heaven" is okay, but there's something about "Will" that just sounds more intresting to me.
I like cereal.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kem"]I don't know if you have heard the other song on the single called "Will", but I think that is the better song. "Heaven" is okay, but there's something about "Will" that just sounds more intresting to me.[/quote]

ah yes, will is a pretty good song too :)
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

Yeah...the Be My Last PV was pretty crappy, I have to say.
But I completely love the Keep Tryin' PV!

I guess you're not a Hikki fan, but that video revists all her older videos that her husband directed. And it's just so damned cute! >.<

A single-shot PV I like better than HEAVEN, would have to be Bonnie Pink's So Wonderful. ^_^ But I love that song too so, I'm biased. :P
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

I'm a big time Hikki fan, I just thought all the weird costumes and goofy facial expressions were kind of weird. Her PVs have always been a bit on the weird side in my opinion. What was up with "Wait and see" where she was flying around in some air motorcycle : / There was also that video with the weird cyborg guy waiting in her house and swooning over her photos. LOL
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

Yeah...I didn't like the Wait and See~Risk PV...it just kinda sucked....(I did kinda think that the visual representation of her vocal layering was pretty cool though....a whole bunch of Hikkis singing together)
A lot of guys seem to like that video though. Apparently it's super-hot.

Oh, and that's Can You Keep a Secret? The robot was pretty cute...but the rest of the PV was weird...>.>

Have you seen the PVs for these songs:
Final Distance
traveling
Sakura Drops
Hikari
Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro
Passion
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Chibikko"]
Have you seen the PVs for these songs:
Final Distance
traveling
Sakura Drops
Hikari
Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro
Passion[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmmmm Oddly enough, I dont know if I've seen any of those except Passion. Passion started off good with the animation, then switching to her walking along with the flowing dress. Then it got weird with the pantyhose people jumping around : /

I've probably seen some of the others but I cant remember them. I liked the videos for Colors and Deep River quite a bit tho. Deep River is probably my favorite because it's so picturesque.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Hikari: Probably one of the most boring music videos i've ever seen
Travelling: Really good fun if a little camp
Sakura drops: Looks like a decent budget gone wrong but with nice ideas
Colors: Again a terribly dull video for a nice song
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

I just did some quick glances through you tube, and I havent seen any of those above listed videos except Passion.

Right now i'm watching the Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro video. Oddly enough, I've never even heard this song before. I'm not sure how I managed to completely miss a song, but it's new to me :P

Video is pretty nice and the song is good too :)
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

All of those PVs are on YouTube.
I've watched all of them there before. Trying searching for them directly (ie. Utada - Colours)

missakura - I really love the Colours PV. It was actually the song and PV that really got me interested in her in the first place. If you pay attention to the lyrics and the imagery together, it can be quite impressive.

Gibb - how did you miss Dareka? hehe Where were you when that happened :P It's such a beautiful ballad (although I can only imagine it would sound pretty bad live x_x), and the PV is lovely ~especially if you've seen Casshern.

But the reason I mentioned all those PVs was so that you could watch them all a couple times, then watch Keep Tryin' again and see why it's such a good PV.
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Jesus, I tought I was reading a Ayumi thread, but then there's Utada's PVs XD

I must be the only one who seriously loves Heaven. It touched me so deeply that, when I first listened to it, I started crying XD The PV as well.

As for the Utada's PVs... When I first watched Hikari, I tought it was some Lynch-kind stuff XD I was like "this has to have something behind it, no one would wash dishes in a whole PV". Hikari owned me, basically X'D
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Chibikko"]All of those PVs are on YouTube.
I've watched all of them there before. Trying searching for them directly (ie. Utada - Colours)[/quote]

Doh, another misscommuniction hehe. I found them all on YouTube, I just meant that I had not previously seen any of them besides Passion.

[quote="Bazaa"]I must be the only one who seriously loves Heaven. It touched me so deeply that, when I first listened to it, I started crying The PV as well.[/quote]

>_< that's what I was saying in the opening post! :D
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

[quote="Gibb"]>_< that's what I was saying in the opening post! :D [/quote]

Oh my, sorry, that wasn't what I wanted to say X'D I was kinda in a rush when I read this topic.
What I wanted to say kinda was that I don't know why so much people dislike Heaven. Ayu has some worse songs, even on (miss)understood, IMO.
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me