Do As Infinity - Do The Box Limited Edition

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Gibb

Do As Infinity - Do The Box Limited Edition

Post by Gibb »

Yay, just got my limited edition collectors box for Do As Infinity in the mail. "Do The Box" is a special collection that supposedly contains every single Do As Infinity song ever recorded with first press releases of their 6 albums. The 7th disc is a DVD of all their videos.

Here are some videos to check out on youtube for anybody who's curious.

DAI - Week (subtitled)

DAI - Oasis boy howdy Tomiko looks good in this video

DAI - Tangerine Dream their first single
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Are there any unreleased songs on it?
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="dillpops"]Are there any unreleased songs on it?[/quote]

No, and it seems like not every song they're ever recorded is on it. I cant find TAO and a few others. There are some kanji songs I dont the romanji names for, but I believe TAO was never in Japanese, and it's not there. It seems like alot of the b-sides arent in there as well.
Kem

Post by Kem »

That box is just a rerelease of all their albums packaged together. Tao won't be there because it was never released on an album, just "do the a-side" which was a single collection. And the b-sides aren't there, either. Only the main albums.
I like cereal.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kem"]That box is just a rerelease of all their albums packaged together. Tao won't be there because it was never released on an album, just "do the a-side" which was a single collection. And the b-sides aren't there, either. Only the main albums.[/quote]

Indeed, i knew it was a rerelease of first press albums, but somehow i heard all recorded tracks would be on there. I guess if you have Do the B-Sides and this collection, you'd have everything maybe.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Speaking of Tomiko Van (sort of... ok not really), her PV for her second solo career single "FAREWELL" showed up a few days ago on the internets. I'm not too big on the song, but I'm relieved it's not really hardcore rock. Tomiko looks hella good in the video tho ^____^

Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="Gibb"][quote="Kem"]That box is just a rerelease of all their albums packaged together. Tao won't be there because it was never released on an album, just "do the a-side" which was a single collection. And the b-sides aren't there, either. Only the main albums.[/quote]

Indeed, i knew it was a rerelease of first press albums, but somehow i heard all recorded tracks would be on there. I guess if you have Do the B-Sides and this collection, you'd have everything maybe.[/quote]

Not quite. You would have to buy the Tao single because it has a b-side, "Aurora", that was never put on an album. You would also have to get the Nana soundtrack or the supporters favorites CD thingy for "I Miss You". THEN you would have every song DAI released.
I like cereal.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kem"]Not quite. You would have to buy the Tao single because it has a b-side, "Aurora", that was never put on an album. You would also have to get the Nana soundtrack or the supporters favorites CD thingy for "I Miss You". THEN you would have every song DAI released.[/quote]

oooh i dont know if i know the song "I Miss You". thanks for the headsup, i'll have to look around :)
Kem

Post by Kem »

Here it is. I like it a lot.
I like cereal.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I miss you? is great. If you guys go to www.d-a-i.com you can hear the final, final DAI song 'trust' in full, the singer isn't Tomiko Van but it's a nice song to thank the supporters of the band. Click the second banner on the right where it says Do-As-Infinity ^^
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="dillpops"]I miss you? is great. If you guys go to www.d-a-i.com you can hear the final, final DAI song 'trust' in full, the singer isn't Tomiko Van but it's a nice song to thank the supporters of the band. Click the second banner on the right where it says Do-As-Infinity ^^[/quote]

Oooh. It's not a bad song, but I feel like i'm betraying my beloved Tomiko by listening to it lol.
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="dillpops"]I miss you? is great. If you guys go to www.d-a-i.com you can hear the final, final DAI song 'trust' in full, the singer isn't Tomiko Van but it's a nice song to thank the supporters of the band. Click the second banner on the right where it says Do-As-Infinity ^^[/quote]

I feel like I have this on my computer somewhere... *looks around* Yes! I do!! Thanks for sharing the link any way, though.

Oh! And I just bought the Korean version of Do The Box (It was a lot more in my price range than the japanese version). I hope it's a pretty as yours, Gibb.
I like cereal.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

OK, one of you HAS to rip the DVD part with Van-chan playing the guitar while Ryo sings Enrai ^________^ PLEASEEEEEEE!
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="dillpops"]OK, one of you HAS to rip the DVD part with Van-chan playing the guitar while Ryo sings Enrai ^________^ PLEASEEEEEEE![/quote]

lol i havent even watched the DVD yet. I still need to take the time to region crack my DVD drive so I can reburn the dvd as all region.

i can watch it on my japanese ps2 tho. I didnt know Tomiko could play the guitar :)
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="Gibb"][quote="dillpops"]OK, one of you HAS to rip the DVD part with Van-chan playing the guitar while Ryo sings Enrai ^________^ PLEASEEEEEEE![/quote]

lol i havent even watched the DVD yet. I still need to take the time to region crack my DVD drive so I can reburn the dvd as all region.

i can watch it on my japanese ps2 tho. I didnt know Tomiko could play the guitar :) [/quote]

Is that like making it so you can switch the regions on your computer after you run out of switches because I'm running out of times I can change it and won't even be able to watch the DVD I'm going to get in my Do The Box.
I like cereal.