Angela Aki

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Kem

Angela Aki

Post by Kem »

Is anyone here familiar with Angela Aki? I hadn't heard of her until I found out last summer (I think it was...) that she would be singing the theme song for Final Fantasy XII "Kiss Me Good-Bye" (great song in English and Japanese, by the way). I did some searching then and was able to find a few of her songs, most of which I really liked. I was just wondering what other people thought of her.
I like cereal.
RoyGuy0

Post by RoyGuy0 »

Funny you should mention her today. I also just found out about her today :D I was drawn to her because I heard she did a cover of Seal's "Kiss from a Rose". Right now, I think she's ok. I haven't listened to enough of her music to find something about her that distinguishes herself from other J-artists.
Guess what? :D
BibiOui

Post by BibiOui »

She also sang "Eyes on me" fromFF8
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

[quote="BibiOui"]She also sang "Eyes on me" fromFF8[/quote]

Wasn't that by Faye Wong? :odd:
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="Bazaa"][quote="BibiOui"]She also sang "Eyes on me" fromFF8[/quote]

Wasn't that by Faye Wong? :odd:[/quote]

She covered "Eyes on Me". I did some research and saw that a lot of the songs she has released so far have been covers.

And I kinda liked her "Kiss From a Rose" cover. It's not as good as the original (No one sings Seal better than Seal), but I thought it was really good just the same.
I like cereal.
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

She really has a very nice voice. Her new single 'This love' is lovely.
But those glasses.... hmmm
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="takeyuki"]She really has a very nice voice. Her new single 'This love' is lovely.
But those glasses.... hmmm[/quote]

I like "This Love" a lot. It's realy nice!!

Her glasses are kind of interesting, now that you mention it. They kind of remind me of my own, though, so I wouldn't say it's a bad interesting.
I like cereal.
Sora

Post by Sora »

My favourite song from her is "HOME" ; the lyrics just talk to me so much... (it's about homesickness)

Angela is an artist I'm definitely going to follow carefully :)

Edit : Concerning her glasses, I don't really care as long as it doesn't affect her voice nor her music^^ She has her own style and I think it's kind of refreshing compared to the rest of the artists you can see on the Japanese music market nowadays (at least when you look at those who make it in the Oricon chart, that is to say, the most famous/trendy ones)...

And thinking about it, since there aren't that many Japanese artists wearing glasses (most of the time they were contact lenses instead), people are going to easily remember her, the glasses being her trademark :) (maybe she's going to set a trend^^)
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

The thing with the glasses is that they're trendy already. You can see them everywhere... I was thinking about buying myself a pair. The point was... there wasn't any point.. just a random comment.

sorry. :?
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Glasses are the Power! :evil:

Anyway, I listened to Home (the album) yesterday, and it was pretty good. Maybe in some time it'll grow into me. She has a pretty and strong voice, I'm curious to see how "Eyes on Me" turned out :neko:
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="takeyuki"]The thing with the glasses is that they're trendy already. You can see them everywhere... I was thinking about buying myself a pair. The point was... there wasn't any point.. just a random comment.

sorry. :?[/quote]
No need to say sorry^^

What I wanted to say actually is that she could set a trend among the Japanese artists :)
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Tommy February6 already did that with glasses ^^;;;;;;
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

she's not like japanese,, she's a half europe or america i guess,,
but she has a nice voice and a very good expression when playing the piano.. very energetic!!

*at tleast from what i saw in her pv this love*
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I heard "This Love" from Blood+, best song in the series. So I'm getting the album... Her live version on youtube is pretty good too. Fantastic voice.
moro

Post by moro »

I also like her very much, This love is such an beautiful song! And I like to watch her live performances...really cool^^