Mikuni Shimokawa

Place for non-Maaya topics.
mike_s_6

Post by mike_s_6 »

Is there a place where i could listen to her version of Yakusoku?

EDIT: I have listened to a part of it... techno o__O
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

@kaimugen
my kimi no uta cd sounds too treble in audio cd but when i rip it to my comp it sounds just fine.. can't wait for another miku's release...

haha,, i know about that one,,, just dun know if it is called podcast.. but yeah ive heard that one or two times and she does sounded cute... really unlucky of me for not understanding japanese language. that ive realized from years ago --'

@mike_s_6
i havent heard that also :lol:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Kirei, you should have mentioned it earlier, I just sent that song to mike_s_6, I could have sent it to you too.
But really you aren't missing anything, Miku's 'Yakusoku' makes me cringe sometimes, the vocals are fine but the techno theme destroys Kanno's score, its a bit of a waste. If Miku wanted to do a techno cover of Maaya she could have done 'Purachina' or something like that much better I think.
I'm counting down the days now, I'm getting Angela Aki's 'Home' cd and a Aragaki Yui dvd in the same order so really looking forward to it. Its encouraging that Miku is writing many of the songs in the new album but she's including 'Minami kaze' as well and I got that as a single already.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

corrected:
ive heard yakusoku wa iranai,, miku vesion.. forgot that i have the techno album she released.. *it's from various anime,, i forgot that there's yakusoku --'*

if there's a song in that album i would really hear from miku it's not yakusoku wa iranai it's ai yo kienaide,, coz i know yakusoku wouldn;t be good in techno version.. but ai yo kienaide is diferen. and it's my fave anime song also.

aragaki yui new dvd.. did you mean her new movie, koizora. it isn't released yet..
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Ok, review time. Had 'Sayonara mo ienakatta natsu' for a day now and the short summary is : BUY THIS ALBUM (if you are a Miku fan).
Its a fairly light album, the strongest songs would probably be 'Minamikaze' and 'Bird', easy listening stuff. Miku sounds great and she has written some lovely tracks, besides 'Minamikaze' and 'Bird' I particularly liked 'Futari no kamera' and 'ubiquitous'. All the songs are pretty good, I like them all. ' my home' was the weakest for me but still very listenable.
The only criticism I can think of is the lack of strong emotional tracks like her old track 'Alone' but that is just nit-picking. The album isn't as strong as 'Kimi no uta' (which is a 10/10 on the Miku scale) but I think it gets a 8.5-9. Its really good to see Miku releasing new stuff.

And off topic, Yui is hot and Angela Aki's 'This Love' rocks. I'm a very happy otaku fanboy.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

wow!! and u bought it,,, okay im gonna start searching in stores,,, but if there isn't ill dl it as usual hehe...

kimi no uta is really freakin' album,,, it even could match maaya's "hotchpotch", misuchiru's "it's a wonderful world" and laruku's "true". and i really buy it for that awesome album ^^ It's not her fault if she couldn't make an albu better than that anymore.. hey i mean i like 6-7 tracks from that album and that's marvellous.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

It depends on what you are looking for, 'Sayonara mo ienakatta natsu' lacks the more intense and emotional songs from 'Kimi no uta'. On the other hand she sounds REALLY cute (especially on 'ubiquitous' I think), and the album really sets me in a good mood. It sounds a bit mean to say but this is probably the only album released after 'Kimi no uta' really worth getting. The dvd is ok but not as good as Maaya's bonus dvd from 'Nikopachi'. And Maaya still sounds better, stronger and clearer than Mikuni (but Miku is cuter and more energetic I think). Maaya chan has developed a lot but Mikuni still kinda sounds the same.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

well seing her *miku* in pvs,,, i feel i wanna squeeze,, oops pardon. i mean i wanna pinch her chin.. *especially her in sore ga ai deshou* >< kawaiiii,,, look so girly,,

well not like ive seen all video from her, just that and minamikaze actually P

im gonna look for the new album in the end of this week.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Oops, I would like to retract my mean statement. I've been listening to Miku's NapsaQ album over the past few days and its getting better and better. So if you buy any Miku albums after 'Kimi no uta' just get 'NapsaQ' and 'Sayonara mo ienakatta natsu'.
Silly me.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

it's really hard gettin miku's release here,,

and napsaQ,, i have no info for the guys playin' the instruments.. and what the songs sound but sure if u said the album's nice,, then probably i should give it a try..
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

But 'Sayonara mo ienakatta natsu' is better than 'NapsaQ'. Try that first.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

sayounara mo ienakatta natsu really made my days lately.. especially lasts songs are gorgeus. and bird version in that album is even better from the original,,, nice mix.. good back vocal.. and the emotion.. now it has officially stand in the top of my mikuni shimokawa song chart, beating kimi ni fuku kaze fair and square.. just love it!!

u see im not the type who would put all the new release into the top position removing the old ones.. im always trying to compare every song by remembering the extent of the quality of the songs at the moment before my interest got declined due to frequent hearing,,, if ur getting my idea >< just can't find the right word.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

So 'Kimini fuku kaze' is off top spot? I found "Arekara~soshite ima" emotionally stronger than "Bird". Favourite song of the year for me is still "30minutes night flight" but "ubiquitous" and "futari no kamera" (from Miku) are in 2nd spot. I didn't pick up a big difference between the two versions of "Bird", compared for example, to the two versions of "POPCORN". I was translating some of the "Sayonara mo ~" songs, some lyrics are kinda cute. I really like the way she writes lyrics.
So how does "Sayonara mo~" rate against "Kimi no uta" as albums?
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

arekara's a beautiful song to begin with.. i like it too. it's also has a deep tune.. anyway bird is a strong song,, emotional and also dynamic,, notice the difference at choruses *both vocal line and instrument* along the song and the way it keep peaking and peaking towards the end.. i mean the "tatoeba michi no ue.. hikari no sashu hou o ni mukatte..." part,,, then to '"mou nakanaide dakishime... " part to "you make my dreams come true... soshite mata..." part and finally "kono tsubasa ni kaze o harande..",,,

it's one of type of songs that i really like,,, although i don't mind songs which have changes that exists only within the arrangement *more instruments,, sounds* or change in the base key/composition..

another good example if u know mr. children,,, then skip to the song na mo naki uta which is actually quite plain at the beginning but explode in the final seconds,, or natsu machi by round table feat. nino that not only peaking but alter in key and arrangement.. and also hikari no naka e which has some genious change in transition *concerning that second intro drop key stuff* and also peaking through the end.. XD

i gave about 8.7 to kimi no uta.. *one of the best 5 albums ive ever heard* and just yeah,,, mybe 8 for sayounara mo,, but it still good.. everything above 7.5 are good for my ears.. :D
mystic_gem

Post by mystic_gem »

I'm so happy to find this topic!

I love Mikuni Shimokawa and she holds the same esteem for me as Maaya Sakamoto. They're my all-time favorite singers. Have you noticed they have the same MS initials? Hehe. :D

Anyway, I have her Sayonara mo Ienakatta Natsu album and I love it! I also have her NapsaQ album although I love Sayonara more. The only album of her that didn't really suit my taste was her Remember album. I didn't like the techno. :)