Mikuni Shimokawa

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I'm uploading to rapidshare, but its slow. Will pm you when its up.
renxe

Post by renxe »

just got the 9 Que last night. My impression is....hmmm....quiet missing a taste from what I've expected...a few songs feel better than the original but the other doesn't.

they almost do a total overhaul at the arangement so before Miku started the vocal you'll be likely hear a new song.

@ kirei : about the Miku's discography, you can get the complete list on wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shimokawa_Mikuni

note that the page haven't been updated yet so 9Que isn't included on the list
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

The different arrangments were a nice change, I really liked Love song on the radio, except for that idiot yodelling in the background.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

and that damn page still won't work for me!!! i must be very patient for this, really. thanks to that damn page again!! no ybe this media player is not updated..

@renxe
in the page it's mentioned for miku's singles&movies 25 (videos)???
what does that mean?? if i'm not mistaken it's just a collection of miku's covers for anime op and ed's not videos, right??

@kai
thanks a bunch for those reprise tracks, kai. i owe you. :)
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Singles & Movies is a cd plus dvd, it has a mix of Miku songs the only new one was "Hatsukoi no kimi" which I love, a really beautiful track. The videos part contains the vids for: "Believer", If~moshimonegaigakanaunara", "2000 Express", "surrender", "Alone", "tomorrow", "Sorega, aideshou" and "Kanashimi ni makenaide". But not all the videos are full length, I haven't watched it in a while but I think only "Sorega, aideshou" and a few others were full length.
renxe

Post by renxe »

yes, it's right that Singles and Movies contains anime cover songs. same thing also do with Reprise Anison Best, Remember - Seishun Anime Songs and Review.

for those cover albums, Miku has done a good covers, and even several songs were better than the original version such as Zankoku na Tenshi (evangelion), Sobakasu, Tamashii no Refurain (get backers). some also felt quiet weird i.e Geki! Teikoku Kagekidan (sakura wars) with its funny and odd arrangement. others are just too identical with the original like Ai Oboetemasuka (macross - do you remember love).

back to the topic, so far Miku has just only released 3 fresh albums (not cover ones) which are :
- 39 and 392 Best Selection (I don't count 392 as a fresh albums because it's still contains many songs from 39)
- Kimi no Uta
- Sayonara mo Ienakatta Natsu (my favorite)

oh yeah, anyone remember about Napsaq? this band released their first album a while ago, isn't there any news about them? maybe any plans in releasing a new album? i like their style of arrangement, minimalistic yet artistic ^^

@ kai : it's impressive that you have that dvd...envy you...really ~_~ haven't watched Believer and Kanashimi ni makenaide....if you don't mind could you upload them for us? please...~ :D :D
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Renxe,, did you hear the final bonus track on the NapsaQ album? Their music might be good but the guys singing is dodgy. Miku is still collaborating with the NapsaQ guys on her albums.
The video of Believer is not a full one, only 1min long, Kanashimini makenaide is the same. And there used to be on youtube somewhere. Anyway I think Miku looks older in the vids than in her photos.
renxe

Post by renxe »

which track did you mean? there are 2 bonus tracks if I'm not mistaken, Picnic and Oyasumi.
I don't know if Ishiyaki Imo is also a bonus track but I recognize this song is the one which the vocal of that guy (maybe one of Napsaq's member) is almost dominating. it's true about the voice of the guy but it's something understandable for him just to be a secondary vocal.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

There is a 13th track in NapsaQ, its not listed, and the guys sing with Miku as back up.
renxe

Post by renxe »

if it's the 13th track it must be Ishiyaki Imo. yeah, the guy sings in the beginning and at the middle part of the song is Miku's turn. I think that composition isn't bad after all...eventhough the guy's voice sounds a bit weird.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i dun really follow NapsaQ so i'm right here, silent..
i have dl the songs you gave me kai, but haven't got a chance to hear it. it would be nice, though if miku release a pv collection with much higher quality and of course a complete version. or mybe she didn't give that much of attention for pvs.. I mean she doesn't even release albums that often. Same goes for Maaya.

Has somebody here a more detailed biography about miku than what we've had in wikis?? I mean her college, her stories etc..
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

No problems Kirei, enjoy.
I haven't seen Miku's wiki page, all I know is she is from Hokkaido, she was part of a girl band and went solo.
I think a lot of PV's have been released in her collectors edition discs, Singles and Movies has the most but Bird (single), Sayounara mo~, and Remember also came with a dvd. PV's seem to be just promotional stuff for both Maaya and Miku.
Miku has been releasing a lot recently, NapsaQ in 06, Bird and Sayounara mo~ in 07 nad then two cover albums after that. Over her career shes put out a lot of cover stuff and that is a bit annoying. I love Maaya because every album is new, she hasn't really repeated anything over her career.
renxe

Post by renxe »

yeah I have the same thought about the too many covers Miku has been done (even those are good covers). I wondered why.. in fact she's able to make a beautiful song if she wanted so...
and there aren't much (even none) of any kind of news that talked about her daily activity...where are all of her fans gone..?
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

well mybe since miku herself is so silent. not all of her fans are silent, like for example, us. anyway, about her past days.. having been in a girls band before?? hmm.. that's interesting to me? i wonder where the other members gone? not via talent agency? i mean after seeing her if ~moshimo negai ga ??~ pv and saw her in her teenage days i thought some talent agency grab her when she was still a child. poor miku. well, that's what i though before..
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I think another member of Miku's girl-band went solo too but I didn't look it up.

Kirei, shes not that silent, she is more active than Maaya on the live show circuit.