Mikuni Shimokawa

Place for non-Maaya topics.
renxe

Post by renxe »

yap, i've wathced many of her live shows and she was quite attractive and that's good for her, I think ^^ yet, she still managed to express the calmness when it came to a slow songs like the one she has done in shibuya boxx along with Napsaq.

Miku also has done some sort of photobooks when she was teen. Thoose weren't bad ones, but I think she just didn't fit as a gravure like any other newcomers singer/artist who seeks for quick popularity.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I haven't seen any photobooks of her but there are pics floating around if you look.
renxe

Post by renxe »

maybe I've missjudged some sort of her photos as parts of a photobook. or maybe parts of checkicco's PBs.
I have plenty photos of her mostly when she were much younger. some of those will quite surprize you how different Miku at that time compared to now.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Kirei, shes not that silent, she is more active than Maaya on the live show circuit.[/quote]

what live show circuit in particular?? in that Bird performance (the one with posted video clip before) which i saw on youtube she seems static.. though she did seem much younger than she should and also cuter as a plus point. dunno with the other performance though.. it's the only one i've ever seen from her.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I think Miku did a live in Taiwan recently, and like Renxe said, she appeears at shibuya boxx frequently. On her site the schedule seems to have a lot of live shows. You'd probably have a better chance of going to a Miku live than a Maaya live (unless you count Les mis).
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Resurrecting this old topic, Miku is releassing a new single in Dec, the end song for a anime called Blue Dragon. The songs title is "I¬janai !?" (イ~じゃナイ!? ). Haven't heard from her in a while so I hope its good.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yeah.. ive already heard it from jpm.
really, she made people miss her voice by not releasing anything new in a long time. thank god, she's now bored of the bad hobby.. i hope so.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Did you see the new pics of her on her site? The tartan tights are not very flattering.
Still, it is nice that she puts out something new. Looking at her shcedule she's been touring too so that might explain the gap in releases. I'd rather have her release new stuff once in a while than releasing covers all the time.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

tartan tights?? which one??
i only saw her wearing pink glasses.. in truth, i don't like seeing her wearing glasses -^-

anyway,, about the asian love tour, china?? what does it mean?
http://www.love392.net/china/index.html

is miku going to china? that's hilarious!!
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Its all in chinese, I can't read it but at a guess she's just done a couple of gigs in Guangzhou.

The pic of her in the tartan is in her profile page.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

it's lame.. but i've just take a proper read at birds' translation just recently,, and although she doesn't use too many hard words, it's really a sad lyric.. in some part it is as if the person's who she referred to has passed away,, like it was written, why life is finite?? but in other line she talked about living below different cloud or something.. so it means the person's still alive?? which do you think the correct one, kai??
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Life is finite is it not? At least on this world.
Just taking a quick look at the lyrics, it feels like a separation but not death. And do you mean this line: 同じ空みているから? Looking at the same sky.

I'll try and take closer look tomorrow and pm you. I'm a bit busy right now with preparations for my finals but I have the general gist of the song anyway.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

"And now at last you've struggled through" in paragraph 1 and "Why? All life is finite?" from paragraph 5,,
it can mean that the person she addressed has passed away,,

but this line..
"Because we are looking at the same sky now" may mean that the person's still alive

still phrases like these,,

"Raise you hands like you will never lose..."
"Things lost, things gained
Don't cry any more, It's okay to hold me"

confuse me.. it's the first time in the song that she's giving courage to the person,, before she only made such words for herself.

anyway, then i made some conclusion, the person which miku meant has already gone away for a journey.. far far away.. and that person has already reach the end of her journey ?? Now Miku is following the person's path,, and wished that someday she will meet the person, although it's nearly impossible. So she said,

"For you I will be born again..." in the last line..

i dunno.. mybe the word "journey" here can also be a metaphor for "achievement" or something like it?? :?
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

The feeling of the whole song is like wanting to do everything, to give up everything for another person. So the 'finite life' line may be not just mean mortality but of an individuals limits within their own lives? I like that 'mou nakanaide' line, she used it before in Sore ga aideshou, but its a really sweet sounding line.

Thanks for bringing this up by the way, I haven't listened to Miku in a long time.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

just wanna know something behind this song.. i mean bird is so emotional and i just thought there is a real story concerning miku herself beyond this song.

good luck with ur finals, kai. hopefully you'll pass..