memoir.. let us know the story of you

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

[quote="misssakura"]Uhm...you must have gone to South Island, because the north island is no way what you just described of New Zealand. Its one of the biggest polluters per capita in the world, as well as having dangerous crowded broken roads, too many cars and 50% chinese population, who do not interact with any kiwis at all. It's a bit of a craphole really. But I'm sure the south island is lovely. :evil:[/quote]

a bit harsh m'dear, even if it is true. my cousin in london says nz is a hole too cos i told her that i cant get haagen daz and ben n jerrys icecream here, decadent brat! i dont mind cos i just make homemade coconut icecream and scoff it all.

when did you come to nz Sakura? i was talking about last summer in abel tasman national park. i dont like the north island either. most of the national parks in the south like fiordland are fantastic. the lakes like tekapo and wanaka are very picturesque (actually the plains area reminds me of the scenery of scotland in Maaya's shounen alice photoshoot, all tussocky and windswept), i dont like queenstown, too touristy and expensive. so if anyone visits nz go south, the north sucks by unanimous verdict.

even though im chinese, i find it strange that asians keep to themselves here (is it the same in other parts of the world? let me know) most of my friends here are kiwi (caucasian). its really frustrating that the chinese and japanese here keep to small close knit groups cos its hard to break into the groups and try to pull japanese girls studying on my campus :cry:
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

When did I go? I live here...in Auckland, although I travel up to Kerikeri with my partner to visit his parents sometimes.

One of my good friend shere is Chinese (now a NZ resident) and she hates the way that Chinese people all stick to themselves here too, and she feels very lonely because people treat her as an asian who should be ignored (because of the huge density here in Auckland), but at the same time she finds a lot of them to be closed minded and superficial.

Auckland is such a mess and so crowded that sometimes I feel like screaming from claustrophobia...it makes me sad that a country that *should* be so lovely is being so recklessly destroyed by industrialisation.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Your location says "UK" so it's easy to think that you live in the UK, which I think made your random insider's discussion of Australia a bit confusing! :)

My friend who is Chinese also has a lot of relatives living in Australia, and I know Japanese tour groups go to NZ and Australia... I kind of don't understand why!! But I guess, it's just a little further south of them, and they want a good place to emigrate to?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Oh, I thought the flag meant what nationality you were, not where you lived...oops.

The odd thing is that a lot of Chinese travel to Auckland, but they stay in Auckland, and I think, what a crappy holiday, everybody here is Chinese, it's like paying all that money to come to your own country! XD
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

nice to know there is a Maaya fan in this country, most of my chch friends dont have a clue. i did think you were in england cos of the flag. there is a more even mix of asians here in chch, japanese, korean, the chinese dont dominate. i have been living here for 20 years so i might be a little different with my attitude but perhaps new immigrants feel more comfortable sticking together, but then why emmigrate in the first place then? (and its still no excuse for the superficialness and stuff). how come you ended up in auckland? thats the last place i would choose.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Well I know that now :evil: I came here to study a course at SAE, which is an audio engineering and multimedia private college. Everything we were sent was lies, I was told that my accomodation would be in a beautiful modern building on a road lined by palm trees, facing a long sandy beach with crystal clear waters. I was told the course would be half and half multimedia production and film making. There was 2 days of film making, we had no graduation ceremony, no industry contacts, took them 3 and a half months to mark my work. Total nightmare.

I moved to a nicer quiet historic suburb, Parnell which is quite nice. Ultimately I think Oliver and I are going to move to Wellington for a bit before heading back to Scotland, but the problem is that there isn't much accomodation in Wellington, certainly none that would have a cat, and they are all very expensive.

le Sigh.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

that really sucks. i can imagine that you would feel a little PO'ed. sounds like a dodgy crash course.

dispite all that at least youre in a decent size city, it can get kinda dull here, cyberspace is so much more interesting than christchurch on a average day. sometimes i do want to go back to singapore and eat and shop. i really miss the food :cry:
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

i'm in a decent sized city but I hardly ever go outside! har har
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

yeah, if i dont go to class im home sleeping, on the computer or cooking/eating, my three favourite things, what a life.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

ho ho ho (yuuko's/megumi's style of laughing)
It's my turn to drop something..

XD

some ppl view my life like a little laid back, or more like waiting for something / nothing to happen.. daily life is like a normal loop, but with smiles, laughter and even sorrow. I had two girlfriends, one with it, one seperated but still ongoing. Didnt contact them much recently because wanted them to focus on their post-graduate studies, not your's truly.. >.< it was bold but someone had to do it.

Me on the other hand lived on a part time 'Hikki' just because my town isnt properly planned as finding suitable jobs are a real pain. Ppl around me tell me to keep a momentum, because not everyone had good luck on first try, but have to move little by little then finally get something decent to further life's path.

In my mind its' a different story, cause I took a path and studied yuho's words too seriously. Indirectly, I become one of her unofficial student.. one with the tutor's words. As i thought, she's closer with Miki Imai in many ways.. that's why her words are more convayed when she writes for her.. I still think Maaya thinks like how I think, maybe because we're still young 1980's people XD *as how I viewed Yuho as a mysterious kind lady, someone that most people will not notice but to us it's a very important matter, because her words may concerns our future life later.

I make it clear, that her writings (yuho) are full of advices. Things we should and should not do in life. Things where were ment to be seen or ment to be a secret needs to be a secret. We need to obey this rules just to lead a proper life. That's why I appointed her as a teacher =)

There might be a chance that the first person who I met, wasnt Maaya.. but it was yuho herself, in disguise in Maaya's words. Interesting, because it concerns what matters to me most now, and later throughout life..

My mum's age.. is the same as hers.. :D so that's why I called her aunt Yuho XD. My most favourite aunt, ever :)

*people whom we meet in our life, have a purpose for them to fullfill as for we too have a purpose to fullfill in their life, there's never a coincidential, just everything was planned even before we knew it. sore dake :P
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Um....diary wise. Today I finally laid down the line for my boyfriend. I told him to get himself straight. I'm not going to be fed 'we're still together but acting like friends' anymore, it's been 16 days - enough time for him to think, right? So. I said I've been confused for long enough and he's to state properly what he wants.

Scared now ^^;;;; but it had to be done...I don't want to suffer anymore from uncertainty.

Also, today I'm listening to my mothers 1980's cd collection - there are some really good songs. I like YES's 'owner of a lonely heart' and the B-52's 'Roam' song. It's a good CD.

The weather is crap and I think I'm suffering from jetlag - bring back Las Vegas!!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

And as would be typical of my life, I can't seem to find a record that my email actually got sent >_<
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

good for you dill'. lay down the law! what was that line from esca? yuuki o dashite? or something... hope it works out and he does right by you.

the '80s just isnt my decade (except for queen). ive always preferred 60s and 70s, Joplin, Hendrix, The Who, Motown etc.

excited about this week, gonna prep my alltime favourite dish in class: singapore chilli crab :D

waku waku waku....
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

*lays the law*

*whip crack*
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

whip cracking may be the way to get him to come back for good.

Ok in all seriousness, I'm proud of you dilly. It's never easy to make that big step. I was sleepless and exhausted for 2 days trying to think of the best way to break up with my previous girlfriend, but I didnt waver and just spelled out what all I was unhappy about and that I didnt think things would be able to change. She tried to say she would be a better person, but I stood my ground and ended the relationship. (She had said that in the past but quickly went back to being really mean again, so i wasnt going to try that again)
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4