memoir.. let us know the story of you

Place for non-Maaya topics.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

memoir.. let us know the story of you

Post by kirei_lanford »

i was just thinking. it's nice if everyone here know about your life and i gues mine too,,, so if you have anything to talk about. good news, bad news just spit it!!

---

well here's my diary for today

it's about a few days since my first day working. silly,, i dun have any mood at all. it's just plain boring... transition can really change people,, including me i think. miss my pals at the colleage :cry:
and im beginning to feel a little bit of lonesome. to add the worst part, i dun get the phone number of the girl i like recently. Now it's just her name left on my cell,,, without numbers. really sad :cry: :cry:

ithink ill just wait for my marriage. itll be the best day in my life,, i think,,, :?
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

you seem too young to get married.

my diary for the week: 2 practical sessions on fish and seafood dishes, 2 theory sessions, vegetable practical assesment, in my down time been playing farcry and devil may cry3, watch keroro gunso, plot world domination...

i need a more interesting life :cry:
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

I work maybe 45-50 hours a week as a database engineer/applications programmer for my company. My job is great, since I'm the only one who does my job. I dont have to work with other people or program on too much of a deadline, so it's kind of relaxed. I can even most here and other messageboards alot, which is nice since I'm the admin at another board.

When I'm not working I'm doing a number of other things:

1.) Playing games. I love RPGs, quirky games (I import alot of stuff), music games, fighting games.

2.) Anime. I love my any kind of any except very childish or drawn out series. I wouldnt ever bother with naruto or bleach just because they're too friggin long. My preferred type of anime is Romantic comedy stuff like Kimagure Orange Road, Kimi ga nozomu eien, mahoromatic, ai yori aoshi, etc.

3.) Friends. I hang out quite often with a couple of close friends. One of them has 2 young daughters (5 and 3) so I'm sort of an Uncle to em. I'm also a legitimate Uncle since my brother has a 1 year old daughter. I mostly watch anime and play games with my friends, as we're not really the most active crowd around. In late October I'm taking a trip to Japan with 2 friends for 10 days. Should be an awesome trip ^__^
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Kaimugen, I think most of us think our lifes are boring as hell XD I read too many books, so I have too high expectations for everything. Imo.

Awww Gibb, won't you take me with you to Japan? My b-day is in October and all! XD

Well, my life. The first thing is that I'm lifeless.
Without that, I'm usually at the computer, doing whatever I remember XD

I love to read. Specially fantasy books. I wanted to read the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R. R. Martin, but I can't find it anywhere here in Portugal. The english version, that is, because there isn't a translation in portuguese yet. The only way to get it is to buy from internet, and my father doesn't allow me to.

My father doesn't let me buy half of the books I wanted to, because they're too damn EXPENSIVE! And they say on the news "The Portuguese don't read enough, the illiteracy is groing, yay'". Maybe because I paid 20€ for the "Memoirs of a Gueisha" the other day, and 60€ for the fours books of "Mists of Avalon". Well, my fortune was 200€ on January, which is quite a lot :| My father also thinks that books are too expensive these days, that's why he won't buy them for me that often anymore. I've read those two more than 5 times by now - that's the worst part.

And that was my ranting for today. XD
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Feeling down because I know i'm not special and have no talent and I have to get a job in multimedia, which isn't going to happen, otherwise my visa will only last until February. I can see myself working the rest of my life in a supermarket, and not even being good at that job because I never fit in anywhere.

Have absolutely no money..my cat died...adopted another cat which used up all my money...my boyfriend is lazy and has a bad job so I have to pay all his rent. Have no money to spare at all.

Yeah life has been better. :x
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

btw my name is kai,

i suppose life isnt like a perfect fantasy where magical girls appear and you get to pilot giant mecha all the time.

REALITY SUCKS!!!

i feel guilty cos i havent read as much as in the past, i enjoyed the silmarillion by tolkien and am a big discworld fan but the last serious book i read was musashi by eiji yoshikawa (very good fyi). i have also become progressively addicted to the computer.

gibb, have you seen maison ikkoku series? its a bit old, my full set was about 40 eps, but it is my fav romantic comedy. both the manga and anime are well worth watching/reading.

wahh, i wanna go to japan too, maybe bazaa and i can hide in gibbs luggage?

sore ja....oyasumi nasai minna san.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Maison Ikkoku eh? I wanted to watch it, but I was afraid it would drag on forever like Ranma did. I may have to check it out now that I have a solid recommendation to do so :)

I loved Ranma up until Season 4 when it started to get pretty horrid. I hear it even has some kind of an ending in Season 7, but I'll never get around to it hehe.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

o yea and one thing,,, feel free to comment to each other *looks like i dun have to remind you about that don't i*

when talking about anime or manga,,, i feel no different than other guys,, love shonen-type manga or anime. I like fighting theme,,, from the classic types *like kenshin, shinsengumi related mangas and animes, vagabond or ninja types* or the modern one, like X, Bleach, Get Backers, or Gundam series... or the alternate universe one such as One piece, naruto etc from the most childlish types *dragon ball, kungfu boy* to adult type like basilisk or ninja scroll. Yea im that kinda person!!!

Kimagure is a good anime, but im a heavy fan of masakazu katsura's mangas and animes. It's my ultimate reference for romance type, considerably since they has a guy point of view, which is full of pervert things etc,,, hhhahaha, just kidding,,, they really have good story and all. And city hunter,,, haha i love that guy. He's so free!!!

I like to watch dorama also *in short im japan minded,,, though i live in indonesia*,,

gibb,,, take me also!! i wish i could take a vacation too...
kai, i think it's best to you to read e-books. Today there are a lot of those things free in the net.
sakura, i belive i have no right to say anything but i think that guy ur dating. He sucks. men don't suppose to live from women's suffering. It's totally unacceptable.. Do what you like to do,, i mean you do have ur own child fantasy right :) One of my dream is to make a modern city,, with all of those bullet train, highrise monorail, or even sky train... if one exist in the picture :lol: . I have a picture of world that i want,,, its my obsession since i was a child :lol:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]One of my dream is to make a modern city,, with all of those bullet train, highrise monorail, or even sky train... if one exist in the picture :lol: . I have a picture of world that i want,,, its my obsession since i was a child :lol:[/quote]

Have you ever heard of "Imperial Boy"? I first learned about him from ROBOT, the full color manga compilations by Range Murata. The first time I saw any of his art I was floored. The guy draw the most elaborate and interesting city scapes I've ever seen, anime styled.

Here's his official website:
http://tksn.web.infoseek.co.jp/
Note: I havent looked through everything on his website yet, so he might have some naughty stuff on there, just a word of warning lol. (it looked pretty tame at first glance tho).

Here are a couple images I found through a google search:

here's a higher res version of the above image, from the guy's official site: http://tksn.web.infoseek.co.jp/work/u3zo2.jpg

Here's another awesome image with some sky trains ^___^
http://tksn.web.infoseek.co.jp/work/img197.jpg
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Whoa, those pics are amazing! I also love those kind of landscapes!

kirei_lanford, I also have a place I dream to go. But it's quite the opposite of yours. Since I was a kid, I have this obssession with a neverending, vivid green lawn, with different kinds of wild flower growing here and there, a lawn where I can run like a child, towards a deep azure sky.
I believe some of those still exist, somewhere. Maybe in Ireland? I'd love to search for that place.
You can still catch me
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

there is only one country that really interests me regarding cities, japan, all the other places i am drawn to mainly cos of the flora and fauna, places like africa, madagascar, wild places.

Bazaa, try new zealand too, spring flowers bloom along the roads in the high country plains with the mountains on the horizon, last summer i went to a national park, no one around and a gold sand beach edged with thick forest all to myself for the day.

Gibb, you are gonna need pretty big bags to hide all of us stowaways :D i also gave up on ranma cos there was no sign of a resolution. i like takahashi but she dragged that series for far too long. ikkoku is perhaps still a bit long (approx 40 eps still not as bad as ranma) but the end is very good, not everyone gets what they want but they get what they need, got a bit emotional at the end too.

would you guys really enjoy living in such a dense busy place? i would like to visit such a cityscape but not live there. i would go crazy(er?).
li0n

Post by li0n »

Wow yeah, NZ is a really lovely place. And I agree too, living in such a densely populated area can drive one insane :|
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Uuuh, now I wonder where will I get all the money to go to Japan AND NZ... I should join the Yakuza.
You can still catch me
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

[quote="Bazaa"]Uuuh, now I wonder where will I get all the money to go to Japan AND NZ... I should join the Yakuza.[/quote]

but if you mess up youll need to cut your fingers off to apologise.

heheheh, im plotting on recruiting highly skilled people to knock over some banks (oceans eleven anyone?) to finance visits to hong kong, japan, africa, france and the med. i could always sell a kidney i mean who needs TWO kidneys?

yeah LiOn, living in singapore for 5 yrs with its population density was maddening. i really miss all the spicy food though :cry:
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Uhm...you must have gone to South Island, because the north island is no way what you just described of New Zealand. Its one of the biggest polluters per capita in the world, as well as having dangerous crowded broken roads, too many cars and 50% chinese population, who do not interact with any kiwis at all. It's a bit of a craphole really. But I'm sure the south island is lovely. :evil: