Place for non-Maaya topics.
Imurann
Posting Freak

A little help in translation

Post by Imurann »

I did a little translation
hmm, just comments on the lines that sounds weird XD

Miki Imai
愛の詩 (ai no uta - poem of love / love song)

dou shitara shiawase wo
kono te ni dekiru deshou
nigirishimeta hazu na noni
mata yubi wo koboreteku
-What has happen to this happiness?
-Isnt it all within these hands?
-or was it from jelousy
-again looking at this fingers

hito wa mina kidzukazu ni
omoi nimotsu wo seotte
owari nai tooi michi wo
tada hitori aruiteru
-Many people realize
-feelings which never leaves
-neverending endless roads
-and also travelling alone

ima, kanashimi no naka mieru mono ga aru
itsuka, yasashisa ni sugata kaeru toki ga kuru
namida afure ushinattemo
anata no kokoro wa shinanai
-now, stories of sadness that keeps on repeating
-one day, kind faces will fade over time
-heartly tears, that are being shed
-and your heart that never knew

dore dake no sabishisa ya
omoi wo suteta darou
ikiru hodo samayoi, mata
jibun no yowasa wo shiru
-While living within lonliness
-and following your heart's content
-Living through all your life, yet
-looking at your own weakness

sayonara wo suru tame ni
daremo ga meguriau nara
soredemo nao onaji egao ni
mou ichido deaitai
-In order to say goodbye
-nobody ever wanted that
-but still having the same wishes
-once more being able to meet again

ima, sono me ni utsuru mono wa "nan desu ka"
tatta hitotsu dake no daiji na mono naraba
osorenaide... tojikometeta kokoro wo hodoite ageyou
-now, these crying eyes are asking "what was it?"
-that is, that one most important lesson
-Always remember... Keeping a heart, which is True

ai wo shiri, ai wo nikumi, soredemo ai wo shinjitai
-love is learning , love is living, but still love also needed trust

kaze yamanai 'yoru wo koete' aruite yuku
tatta ichido dake no jinsei wo nigenaide
namida afure kizutsuitemo
anata no kokoro wa shiranai
-soft winds blows throughout the nights, once more
-even as this is the one last life, never abandon it
-heartly tears, that are being shed
-and your heart that never knew

About this song, was from the singles that Imai san release every once in 5-7 years or once in 1-2 years, but this couple up with piece of my wish (1991), laying back 7 years from the realese of ai no uta in 2005. Very special songs to me.

the translation were made by one-shot listenings and understanding. but i think they are pretty close to what the writer was trying to impose in this song. hehe, sometimes i can get really carried away @.@ heart-kun is always like that, like the strong winds..

my translations skills = listening + a wandering heart + a small smile lol
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Beautiful song. I dont think I've ever heard the name Miki Imai in my entire life.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

isnt she the actress too? quite popular in japan for a while now if its the same person. i am surprised how good her voice is, but then again japanese women always seem to have pleasant voices to listen to.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

^^ she also act in some j-drama, her face, looks younger than the expected age

I did collected some of her songs throughout time.. a bit rare, because its some are quite a classical song. She made one song name Cinderella I'm yet to find it.. I know someone who has it..

if you read it, the lyrics / translations, little transparent tears may come out XD keke
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
omukosan shibou

Post by omukosan shibou »

Great! I think your translation is roughly accurate.

But I point out this line:
ai wo shiri, ai wo nikumi, soredemo ai wo shinjitai
"nikumi" means "hate" or "detest". This sentence presents that "I have loved one and been disappointed, but still I do not lose a mind to love other person."

This lyrics was written by Yuho Iwasato. she also writed lots of Maaya's song (Yakusoku ha iranai, Platinum, Tune the rainbow, Paprika, and many...).

In "Ai no uta", Hajime Mizoguchi as known as Yoko Kanno's husband played cello. And Kanno-san worked with Miki-san about 10 years ago. She produced some songs in "Love of My Life" and accompanied at concerts.

Now she sings "Part of Your World" in Little Mermaid DVD Japanese edition.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

About the Yuho part I know a little much already, just the Kanno's Husband that's a little news to me :D sou ka^^ Yuho san is in the middle of everything I guess, chu chu aunt Yuho :oops:

Iwasato been writing songs for Miki Imai san since 1980's (roughly i think its on 1986 onwards)
"I have loved one and been disappointed, but still I do not lose a mind to love other person."
yosh, I keep this in mind :)

voices of the mind: ... kinda it pictures how and what happen to my current love life today, maa daijoubu, because in many sad partings, we can find newer love and newer brighter days. But kinda, sometimes around this time of the year, memories keeps comming back again..[/size]

:| ja, oyasumi

btw, I had a short story when translating this part of the song, also knows as the peak/important part of this song
osorenaide... tojikometeta kokoro wo hodoite ageyou
when first, I did agonized just to know what it means, especially
'tojikometeta', 'hodoite' and 'ageyou'

slightly when my mind kept silent, I think it was an angel silently wisper it in my ears, saying "It's the thing which is very-very important to you too", so I try to guess because it has something to do with me, at that time, because I was spoilt in many kind of animes, I was very fond of love stories which concerns couples whom try so hard just to get true love, for example, like Card Captor Sakura. Eventhough in the end, it's a love story of a Japanese girl (Sakura) and a rich Chinese boy (Syaoran), but if you remember the end part of the series, when syaoran gave sakura the teddy bear, it left me a mark about what love actually means. Well put the teddy aside first xD I mean, what they have go through, and even then, Syaoran just left without saying much.. Still in the CLAMP world, we're still waiting for them to get married oh, man that will conclude one everending love story, currently they're in Tsubasa Chronicles, but I doubt they marry now, or let's just wait on how it ends somehow xD // lol, sorry, got carried away, hmm let's just say through that experiences, I think what Yuho wanted to say, "even falling in love, nor finding many disappointing and sad memories, always keep a true heart" which also means, being honest always (dont two-timing, damedayo) Well, goodbye September 2006.. [/size]

It's been great meeting with another memorial September.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

OK.. this sounds a little nuts, but I've recently found a torrent of gold XD yup rare songs collection

[REQUEST upload/download]
http://www.datorrents.com/torrents-details.asp?id=15677

*details are included in the link there*

the thing is, my ISP been throttling the line, if its possible to help around, share some bandwidth, T_T i've been getting 0.5-4k download speed.. *cry*

It will be a worthwhile download =)

thanks in advance, happy holidays seasons nyo.. to the maayas-team XD