Argh...

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Too bad I might be moving before the end of the year so I need all the money I have to do that; can't go to Japan although I could afford it. Hopefully I could finally land a longtime job...
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

Oh man, am I the only one who's too young to be indepent and have decent plans that aren't dreams for life? :( I want to be rich to go to Japan too XD
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

It seems will be a fan club only event... Have to wait for more info.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Gibb"]Hey I'm going to be in Japan from October 27th through November 7th. We should have a mini-Maayas get together or something. I'll be all over Japan, but most of my time will be in Kyoto and Tokyo.[/quote]

That'd be so funny to meet in Japan when back at home I can drive 20 minutes to see you anyway XD XD

I don't think Dillpops will still be around by that point, though! I don't know how long she's staying but I seem to recall it was a limited, short time, which makes me think I won't be able to catch her in time, oh well.

Btw, you don't have to be rich to go to Japan. I know I'm not! But I applied for and got some decent scholarships ($5700 in total I think) that helped me out a lot. @_@

takeyuki, what "fan club only event"?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I thought Dilly was over there for a year studying? DId I get my wires totally crossed :?
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

Seems to be a forthcoming concert that she will give. But like I said theres no details, just an 'oshirase'(announce) in the last newsletter.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Haven:t I been saying forever I`m here in Japan for a year? :P ha ha, anyway, if the event is this year then perfect, we can have a Maayas meetup for the concert!!
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="frecklegirl"]Btw, you don't have to be rich to go to Japan. I know I'm not! But I applied for and got some decent scholarships ($5700 in total I think) that helped me out a lot. @_@[/quote]
I'm not rich either but maybe the scholarship system in the US is better than in France then, because here it's quite hard and complicated to get one to go to Japan (and I don't think you've got the right to combine them)... T-T[/size]
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Apply for the JASSO scholarship from the Japanese government. It's pretty good.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yaa kamuigen... i also mean those kinda clothings!!
hmmm... where... where can i see dilly in fuku??
i guess ill go check the member photo thread.. :evil:

haaa now everybody talk about goin to japan.
am i the only who couldn't afford it :lol:

monbusho scholarship is it good?? :roll:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Het Dilly, nice to read from you again :)
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Once I get my keitai bango (cell number) for my rental Japanese phones I'll send you both a Private message or email or something.

I'll be flying into Narita on the 29th of October, then heading to Kyoto the next day. I'll be in the Kyoto/Nara area for 3 days before heading to Nagano, then Hakone, then finishing up the trip with a few days in Tokyo (I think November 4th-7th, leaving on the 7th).

I'll be with 2 of my friends (one of them posts on here every once in a while, cotmweasel).
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

:cry: sad, soo saaad. another Maaya concert im missing. time to plan a daring bank robbery and flee to japan, get a fake birth cert, new identity, plastic sugery to change my face, alter fingerprints, just to see Maaya live.

so what would you all do to see her concerts?
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kaimugen"]
so what would you all do to see her concerts?[/quote]

Hmmm well I guess I'd wait in line for maybe 30-40 minutes, get filed into a concert hall, then watch her concert from pretty much the front row of the left section of seats.

She was at AnimeFEST 2005 in Dallas, Texas ^___^
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="dillpops"]Haven:t I been saying forever I`m here in Japan for a year? :P ha ha, anyway, if the event is this year then perfect, we can have a Maayas meetup for the concert!![/quote]

You have, but I just got the impression that you were only going to be here for a short while, I don't know why. Maybe it was that you were only going to be in Tokyo for a little while. Have you moved on to your permanent residence yet?

[quote="Sora"]I'm not rich either but maybe the scholarship system in the US is better than in France then, because here it's quite hard and complicated to get one to go to Japan (and I don't think you've got the right to combine them)... T-T[/size][/quote]

I got the bulk of my money from this one program, Freeman Asia, but unfortunately it's only for American students D: But if you search online I bet there's a bunch for Europeans going to Japan! maybe!! Point is, lots of people give up before they even start on study abroad, because they're convinced it'll be too expensive, when often if you try really hard you can alleviate that somewhat. And if all else fails, just pay all the money and go because it's really worth it. ^^

[quote="Gibb"]Hmmm well I guess I'd wait in line for maybe 30-40 minutes, get filed into a concert hall, then watch her concert from pretty much the front row of the left section of seats.[/quote]

Ooooh, fuck you, Gibb! I waited for a couple hours and because of the seating arrangements, got put at the back of the front section! The way they did that was not cool at ALL to the people who had been waiting the longest. They should have done front sections first all across the board, then back sections.

Whatevs, though, I was front and center for the panel. :D