Argh...

Place for non-Maaya topics.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Gibb"]Well I was just making a joke (cry). [/quote]

Sorry! I read it over again and I did sound really harsh. That was anger at the dumb Japanese girls, not at you. ^^;

[quote="dillpops"]Come to Kumamoto ^__^[/quote]

What?! After you didn't tell me when you were going to be in Tokyo and missed the chance to see me then? I don't think so. *huffs*
(even though it would be cool! To have an excuse to go down there... the paradise of foreign-women-liking Japanese-guys apparently... XD XD)

I don't think it's the area so much as the urbanity of it. Are you in a really rural area? Foreign women might just be such an exotic thing that all the guys are dumbstruck. Because this whole 'Japanese women + foreign men happens all the time, but Japanese men + foreign women almost never' thing is incredibly well-known, and kind of an indisputable fact.

By the way, the way to Tokyo from Kumamoto (and vice versa) does indeed involve an airplane (see for yourself at Hyper-Dia: http://grace.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/h ... cgi#ROUTE1 ) and the cheapest way costs ¥25990. Damn!
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I think getting ANY girl drunk to do something dishonourable is pretty bad!! If any of you maayas guys do that stuff I'm gonna kick your asses reaalll good.

Oh my god IDS is opening an online store finally *_*

Er....back to the japanese guy thing, the question I hear most from them themselves, or from their female friends when we all go out is 'do you like japanese guys?' and 'do you have a boyfriend?' - argh! It's such an embarrassing question, although it gets a good response to say Yes and No.

Kumamoto, my friends were teasing me about it being countryside but really it's a bustling city - population of about 600,000 I guess, which is bigger than my cities at home. It's such a great place, really, really lively. I wouldn't say foreigners are *that* rare but at the university there are only about 60 of us in couple of ten thousand students.

I don't know, I definately know it's a well documented not happening thing. But for some reason it falls in my lap :cry:
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

I'm actually quite against alcohol. I managed to make it 25 years without ever having a sip of alcohol, but my last girlfriend made me try some different kinds of dinner wine. I hated them, tremendously, and will likely never have anything alcoholic for the rest of my life. Who knows tho, maybe I'll try a sip of sake just for the cultural aspect of it.

@frecklegirl: Are you in Tokyo? I want to get together at least for lunch or dinner at some point if you have time (my treat! :) ). I'll be in Tokyo on November 4th, 5th, and 6th I believe, leaving on the 7th. I still dont have my keitai number, but I should hopefully have it in a couple days. (they dont send the phones out until a couple days before my trip, which starts October 27th). I'm heading to Kyoto first, so my trip ends in Tokyo.

@dillpops: I wonder if your british accent (assuming you have one) is what's driving the kumamoto guys crazy. I for one find a british accent very attractive on females. Not to say that's the only thing that's doing it, since both you and Sarah seem quite attractive (from the pictures I've seen). Maybe there's an aphrodisiac in the kumamoto water or something :P

I cant believe I'll be in Japan in less than a week. I've been planning this trip for almost 2 years now, and I'm still incredibly nervous >___<. I know I'll love most everything about Japan, tho I'm a bit of a finicky eater, and I'm not really good with seafood and other kinds of Japanese food. As long as I can find rice, beef, and chicken, then I should be good to go :)
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Can you guys keep a look out for true vegetarian/vegan food in Japan? Cus from what I hear there's meat or fish in pretty much everything since the war...making me a bit nervous since i'm supposed to go to Japan to meet my friend who is living over there...D:
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
takeyuki

Post by takeyuki »

Hmm, I guess I said it in the wrong way. I meant that japanese girls (at least around here) usually become easy when they're drunk. Not that I or somebody else gets them drunk, they do it themselves. Actually I hate drunk girls, too troublesome.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

[quote="Gibb"]@frecklegirl: Are you in Tokyo? I want to get together at least for lunch or dinner at some point if you have time (my treat! :) ). I'll be in Tokyo on November 4th, 5th, and 6th I believe, leaving on the 7th.[/quote]

YES... most likely. That weekend is when I might be going somewhere, but if I do, I should be back Monday the 6th and we can have dinner somewhere or something. :)

I'm also the same way as you diet-wise, and I manage fine. misssakura, you may have a bit more trouble, when I was here in January two of my friends were vegetarians and it always took us forever to find somewhere with food they could eat. The Japanese just don't understand the concept of "no meat." I mean, you'll FIND places to eat, it just won't be easy and you'll have to accept things less than perfect a lot. :/

[quote="dillpops"]I don't know, I definately know it's a well documented not happening thing. But for some reason it falls in my lap :cry:[/quote]

HAHAHA, oh whatever with that crying face. XD
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

[quote="dillpops"]I think getting ANY girl drunk to do something dishonourable is pretty bad!! If any of you maayas guys do that stuff I'm gonna kick your asses reaalll good.[/quote]

Well, just getting drunk is dishonourable enough. Anyway, I'll erase this tip from my Tactics Notebook. :P
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

have a little faith Dilly, i dont think any guys here would get a girl drunk deliberately.

btw, english accents are quite sexy, a singapore friend studying in london is picking up a birt accent and she sounds really good.

hello Sakura san, havent heard from you recently. i worked briefly in a japanese restaurant and everything on the menu had some dead animal involved. vegetarian options sounds like a tough way to go in japan.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Well NZ isn't a great place to be a vegetarian either...sigh. And loads of people go "i'm a vegetarian..but I eat chicken". Or "i'm a vegetarian..but I eat fish..." which basically means "i'm a dumb fuckwit and have no clue what a vegetarian is but I say it to sound cool and compassionate". Losers.

Just as well Oliver and I know how to cook alright otherwise we'd die of starvation D:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

My best friend in Japan/University is vegetarian and she gets along great - just fine! Just the old "niku ga haitteimasu ka?" works wonders. :P
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

[quote="misssakura"]Well NZ isn't a great place to be a vegetarian either...sigh. And loads of people go "i'm a vegetarian..but I eat chicken". Or "i'm a vegetarian..but I eat fish..." which basically means "i'm a dumb fuckwit and have no clue what a vegetarian is but I say it to sound cool and compassionate". Losers.

Just as well Oliver and I know how to cook alright otherwise we'd die of starvation D:[/quote]

well, it can be inconvienient. its quite tough to cook pure vegetarian dishes (that are nice). i think poser vegos arent as bad as mad purist vegans. some of their dietary rules are nuts.

ho hum, its been real quiet on the Maaya front. i only received notices for her anime stuff, no music :cry: its been a year since yuunagi LOOP, might have to wait another year for a full album.

does anyone have her photo essay book?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

It's not that hard to eat vegetarian...its easier to eat meat but its only one part of a meal...it's really easy in the UK, just not in NZ as the food is crap to start off with and then when you add people who have no creativity that = bland contrived meat dishes that are overpriced. Apart from burgerfuel. BURGERFUEL ROCKS!

Dilly: Does she live in Tokyo? I read an article about a vegetarian who went to japan and she said that they put fish flakes in everything...or they'd use chicken broth. She also said that some of the villagers tried to sneak meat into her food because they wanted to 'test' her vegetarianism. Disgusting :/ I'd imagine tokyo is one of the only places you can eat an okay veggie diet...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="misssakura"]

Dilly: Does she live in Tokyo? I read an article about a vegetarian who went to japan and she said that they put fish flakes in everything...or they'd use chicken broth. She also said that some of the villagers tried to sneak meat into her food because they wanted to 'test' her vegetarianism. Disgusting :/ I'd imagine tokyo is one of the only places you can eat an okay veggie diet...[/quote]

Um, we travelled Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Fukuoka and now we live in Kumamoto which is kinda countryside but still huge ha ha - it's harder if you don't eat fish, I'm not sure what to do about that. It might be that you would have to say if it's a broth then ignorence is bliss 0_o but, if you eat fish then it's not really a problem...maybe - well, at least my friend has no problems.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

You're not vegetarian if you eat fish..so yeah i'd have problems :evil:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Eh...I thought fish were vegetables?

:P