UR HIGH FIVE JPOP ARTISTS!!

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

About Japanese music I use to hear Maaya, The Brilliant Green, Puffy, Yoko Kanno.
I also have heard some works of Bonnie Pink, Aiko, Speed, and some BGM
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

you know what,,
mr children is really something
i now have their two best album1992-1996 and 1996-2000
and in the end i have no idea to express those IT'S AWESOME dude really you shoud check those!!
na mo naki uta is the song that is growing right now,, almost as good as hero or perhaps better. and also tsuyogari, kuchibue and e's...

although i still like maaya the most :evil:
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

In no order at all:

Soloists

Utada Hikaru
She's fantastic and amazing. Listening to her growth as a singer, song-writter, producer and overall musician is just amazing. She never fails to suprise, amaze, and please me.
Songs: COLORS, BLUE, Passion, SAKURA DROPS, Animato, Sunglasses, Never Let Go.

Hajime Chitose
The most beautiful, powerful, and moving voice I have ever heard.
Her most recent album wasn't as fantastic as I would have hoped, but it was still very good. I'm glad that she's not afraid to play around with her musical style too. She inspires me to no end.
Songs: Rinto Suru, Hainumikaze, Kataritsugu Koto, Tsuki o Nusumu, Ryuuguu no Tsukai, Yuri Collection.

Bonnie Pink
Aw, Bonnie is such a sweety! :lol:
There's always something very personal about Bonnie's music that hits me hard. I love her versatility, both musically and linguistically. She always uses all of herself to create some incredibly beautiful music. She has some of the best albums I've heard in her discography, but she is always overlooked for some reason....
Songs: Nocturne, Ocean, Wildflower, Building a Castle, Rumble Fish, Thinking of You, That's what it's all about.

Atari Kousuke
I'm a sucker for shima uta. Basically, he's a male version of Hajime Chitose.
It literally took me about 3 seconds of hearing his voice to decide that I was going to buy his first single. His debut major single Sore Zore ni is easily one of the best singles in my entire collection. I'm just completely in love with him. :)
Songs: Sorezore ni, Shiro to Kuro no Aida ni, Mahiru no Hanabi, Hounen Bushi (Notus Version), moontail, Machi, Michi.

Koda Kumi
I was unsure of Kuu when I first heard about her. Everything I heard was about how slutty her image was, and generally not what her music was like. I really only caught on to her when she started her 12 singles stunt. I thought that they were mostly fantastic songs, so I've spent the last while getting to know her musically, and I've been really enjoying it!
Her music is generally fun and energetic, and her ballads tend to be quite enjoyable. I really think she should do more rock music though.
Songs: Ningyo Hime, you, Shake It Up, D.D.D. feat. SOULHEAD, Love goes like..., Someday, Hot Stuff feat. KM-MARKIT

Groups/Duos

CORE OF SOUL
An incredibly under appreciated band. These guys made some phenomenal music. I get really nostalgic while listening to these guys....Fukko is apparently kickign off a solo career early next year as 'LOVE'. Crappy name, but I most definitely look forward to what she'll come out with! :D :D
Songs: FULL MOON PRAYER, Natural Beauty, The spirit of this place, Purple Sky, In Your Arms, and once more..., Future Express.

HALCALI
:)
Completely ludicrous. Two girls who can't rap, rapping. Two girls who can't dance, dancing. Their music is just silly and fun and completely over the top. I can't get enough of them! Thus far, their major label singles have been 'less than perfect', but I still look forward to their new material. :D
Songs: Strawberry Chips, Highway to the Beach, Wakakusa DANCE feat. Uta Maru, GiriGiri SurfRider, Hello Hello Alone, PISUDORI, Tip Taps Tip

I actually don't listen to groups very often at all....
I tend to lean towards solo artists...usually females...

Maaya didn't even make it into my top 5 list this time...
I actually haven't listened to her lately. I've not been terribly pleased with her most recent releases either.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

i heard the Halicali song 'Tip, Taps, Tip' in Eureke Seven, it sounded a bit too light for me, the vocals were ok

is it me or is this forum real quiet recently...

merry christmas everyone
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Mine are pretty predictable. Kokia, Maaya, DAI, Utada Hikaru, Puffy Ami Yumi ...maybe Mai Yamane in there too :)
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

yeah, Mai, i always forget about her or group her with Yoko sama.

gonna try Sakura Nogawa (the vioce of Kaorin in Azumanga Daioh) and some Round Table soon for fun.

yay for summer! have you been to the beach for a dose of melanoma yet Sakura san?
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I went to the park 2 weeks ago. I was freezing cold so so so so cold. My hands were blue. I was only there for 20 minutes and yet I burned so horribly that I"m still peeling. I never burn. I was so COLD. I had factor 45 sunscreen on. New Zealand sun is the most evil sun ever. Damn you ozone hole!
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Recently I've been really hooked on the Miliyah Kato album "ROSE". It's kind of hip/hop, R&Bish and I love it ^__^.

I've also been listening to a lot of Mink lately. Mink's voice kind of gets to me after a while tho.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

off topic, poor thing Sakura, thats why i stay inside and play rpgs all the time. saw a horizon doco about catastrophic climate change, it seems that no matter what we do we are gonna be screwed.

on topic,

Mink?

i heard a song from Dragon zakura 'realize' by melody, sounded pretty good, but ive been listening to Queen, Bob Marley and Dire Straits, so i havent been listening to a lot of jpop.

seems like there is a bias in favour of female artist, suppose it helps that they tend to be easy on the eyes (Nino looks really very good).
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

melody. is one of my favorites as well, tho "realize" is one of my worst hated songs by her haha.

I have both of melody.'s full albums. The first one "Sincerely" isnt all that good, but the second one "Be as one" is incredibly awesome ^__^.

Here are some mink videos to check out:

mink - omajinai

mink - Rescue Me

Note: For some reason sound doesnt work within Flash videos on this computer, so I'm just assuming these videos above have sound hehe.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

really? ill try to listen to more of her stuff then, i was watching some eps of dragonzakura because of yui aragaki (shes hot), realize sounded quite good.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kaimugen"]
seems like there is a bias in favour of female artist, suppose it helps that they tend to be easy on the eyes (Nino looks really very good).[/quote]

Actually that doesnt have much of anything to do with why I love Female vocalists. I'm usually not looking at pictures or watching videos while listening to music. I just find female voices soothing and beautiful.

My favorite English band is a British Alternative band (Gene) with a male singer, so I'm not completely opposed to male singers.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

well there seem to be aliitle bit of misunderstanding here..
i mean ur top 5 artists not ur top five female artists :lol: no no i get what u guys mean,,, im agreee with u too. for soloist, chicks dominate the guys. and that's a fact,,, excpt mybe for ken hirai, chemistry and their gang. i dun really like them.

anyway chage and aska come back to the music industry. Their recent songs men and women is like kick ass!! i luv em. They really have quality music

@Chibikko
U may not believe me. But i have watch COS live in my country... and Fuko-chan voice was like... no other. THey really outsanding bro!! I wish maaya would do the same :cry: I understand with that kinda quality she would prefer to be a solo... yeah definitely.. the other member realize that too certainly.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

Top 5 huh~ muaaaaa~

Dreams Come True MUHHH!! best band ever!!! her voice isnt...high pitched as most of japanese female singers ^^ ...ok i dont know XD

Shiina ringo and Tokyo Jihen Muh...old AhUAhUAhAU but i like her music...i dont understand the lyrics but i feel like the songs are very mature...weird~

Yuna Ito OMG HER VOICE IS AWESOME!!! lately im kinda not following her work but omg!! her voice is incredible!!!! and she has some of english accent XD

Bump of Chicken YAY!! i like some songs especially Karma the theme song from the game Tales of the Abyss ^^...buh i dont know what else~ pero peroooo!! pero pero pero!!! aahahaha!! pero pero pero pero!!

Maaya Sakamoto not my top artist, like other people said, she has been very disappointing lately but i still like her old songs a lot and with them i have many memories of my childhood (what?! im still a child XD)

gah...i dont know...it was very dificult for me to find five artists to put here....
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Yuki, about Maaya, can you describe why you are disappointed? Sometimes I also feel that there is something missing in her recent stuff but its hard to pin down. Her voice is better, clearer and stronger (usually) and the lyrics she writes have generally been very good. Its kinda weird, maybe its the missing 'Kanno Effect'.