UR HIGH FIVE JPOP ARTISTS!!

Place for non-Maaya topics.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

you bet!

and i think maaya's tone seem a bit different from before... like supika! although it's good there are several part which showed some lack of ,,, i mean u know what i mean..

easy listening wasn't done by kanno and im also not too fond of that albm.

and kamuigen,,, im second to you about yui aragaki!! she really made me melt. XD

ive been listening to chage and aska and mr children A LOT lately.. and they're beginning to step even further in my list,,, to compete with laruku in my most favorite male act category!!
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]
[/quote]
What?!
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="roxfan"][quote="kirei_lanford"]
[/quote]
What?![/quote]

I have the Japanese version of the CD (which is rare... I hardly ever buy Japanese versions...) and I just learned how to read Katakana last semester, so I checked (since the site roxfan linked to said it was written in Katakana) and I found it!! "Kanno Youko" is written under every song. No worries. Kanno was responsible for easy listening.
I like cereal.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Yuki, about Maaya, can you describe why you are disappointed? Sometimes I also feel that there is something missing in her recent stuff but its hard to pin down. Her voice is better, clearer and stronger (usually) and the lyrics she writes have generally been very good. Its kinda weird, maybe its the missing 'Kanno Effect'.[/quote]

because isnt mystic XD its freaking animeish!!!
i mean...i like anime songs, lately i've been downloading only from gendou.com....maaya has done some anime songs, but she was in another level of anime song singer XD

I dont know...her old songs gives me the peace and mystic feeling while her new ones makes me want to watch Slayers or Love Hina AHUAhuAhuAhUA

......what am i talking about?! XD
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

huh?? but i ws told by some friends at jpopmusic.com forum... some people say that. I dun believe it too at the beginning.. So it's still kanno-sensei also huh.

but again it's not bad also.. yet not as good as hotchpotch, nikopachi, lucy, shonen alice and grapefruit.

it's about melody line... kanno has more more maturity in composition and arrangement,,, Those lines of her flows without being too pushed.. take for example anime-sounded songs like active heart, purachina, yakusoku wa iranai, tomodachi, gift and kiseki no umi etc have actually excellent transitions XD
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I suppose the feeling in Maaya's post-Kanno songs are quite different but there are still some I love (Hello), her stuff seems less um, polished.

Kirei, check out Yui in 'My boss, my hero', she looks so good with pale skin! And the best smile in Japan :wink:

and take a look at this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F2G_djq72A, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWD2lG7vUUs I LOVE POCKY!!!
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]huh?? but i ws told by some friends at jpopmusic.com forum... some people say that. I dun believe it too at the beginning.. So it's still kanno-sensei also huh.

but again it's not bad also.. yet not as good as hotchpotch, nikopachi, lucy, shonen alice and grapefruit.

it's about melody line... kanno has more more maturity in composition and arrangement,,, Those lines of her flows without being too pushed.. take for example anime-sounded songs like active heart, purachina, yakusoku wa iranai, tomodachi, gift and kiseki no umi etc have actually excellent transitions XD[/quote]

Maybe she didn't spend as much time on that album or something? Like she wrote really fast to meet a deadline. I dunno. I really like Easy Listening, so I can't really think of what might make it not as good as the other YK composed stuff.
I like cereal.
chrono

Post by chrono »

My top 5 artists:
1) Maaya Sakamoto (just pre-ordered the mini-album)
2) Ayumi Hamasaki (just pre-ordered her best albums)
3) Romantic Mode (even though they only put out 3 albums)
4) L'Arc~en~Ciel (saw them live at Otakon in 2004 ^_^)
5) Do As Infinity (too bad they stopped after 6 albums)
chrono

Post by chrono »

[quote="Kem"][quote="kirei_lanford"]huh?? but i ws told by some friends at jpopmusic.com forum... some people say that. I dun believe it too at the beginning.. So it's still kanno-sensei also huh.

it's about melody line... kanno has more more maturity in composition and arrangement,,, Those lines of her flows without being too pushed.. take for example anime-sounded songs like active heart, purachina, yakusoku wa iranai, tomodachi, gift and kiseki no umi etc have actually excellent transitions XD[/quote]

Maybe she didn't spend as much time on that album or something? Like she wrote really fast to meet a deadline. I dunno. I really like Easy Listening, so I can't really think of what might make it not as good as the other YK composed stuff.[/quote]
So it seems people talk a lot about Maaya even in the non-Maaya boards :)

It's actually a very good point. I was really curious about who was responsible for Easy Listening when I first purchased it. Every song has the same credits:
Composition: Yoko Kanno
Arrangement: hog

So I was like "Who's hog?". Is it just Yoko Kanno pulling strings again (like with Seatbelts)? Well, I only just noticed at the end of the booklet it has the full credits listed. Here's a summary of what it looks like:

Total produced by hog
[ sound hog ]
M's precious
-additional musicians (6 listed)
All backing vocals : maaya
Recorded/mixed/assisted/mastered/etc
[ visual hog ] (4 listed)
[ support hog ] (4 listed)
Thanks a lot!/dancing/grand funk/etc.

So I guess hog's still a mystery to me.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

joanne hogg??
i kinda heard her name in some of maaya's songs.. isn't she one of kanno-sensei's slaves?? oops... that's not decen t enough to say it that way hehe gomen,,,

edit:
oh no,,, it's like my head being punched by a ton of meat,,, i mean joanne hogg is one of the singers of xenogears' song if im not mistaken... yeah,,, how the hell could she be related to maaya in this case,,

@kamui
ur right about that cms !! she's fuckin' sweet... in fact it almost broke my jaws seeing them. with she and masami-chan in the role in dragon zakura it's almost a must watch for men. i haven't watch it though. i dun follow yui. her first song from her "feel myself" didnt reach me. it's my bad habit to believe a singer's quality by only hearing their first songs. sometimes im wrong though,,
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Oi, oi, watch your language Kirei, lets try to keep this clean ok :wink:
But I agree with the sentiment, Yui's my ideal girl.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yeah right she's really clean indeed,,, :oops:

watch en bikini and bomb dvd performing her on yutube and you'll get what i mean. she's currently my top hunt!! :roll:
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I meant your language.
Anyway, she seems like a nice girl. You can't assume things about people you've never met. She's cleaner than a lot of others I could think of. Have you seen her in the maid sketch on youtube? Nice in that outfit and quite funny.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

looking forward seeing her as a maid.^^ kyaa yui-chan
she's still in my head even right now...

anyway she's not looking very calm in frnt of camera. i think she still need some experience,, yes she's cleaner than let's say,,, erika sawajiri... who's sometimes have too much confident in front of camera :p

back to the topic. sorry for our strange talk guys. yes guilty as charge.. hehe.
you know misuchiru is almost the only thing i heard inthe last few weeks... it's the first time that i haven't heard any maaya songs in a week, and it even surprise me to have influenced this deep by em. yeah perhaps it's the effect of having a complete disography of em so suddenly,,,
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Been listening to the Haruhi Suzumiya sondtrack, Aya Hirano sounds pretty awesome, especially in the song "God Knows".
Btw, I would kill to see Yui in a bunnygirl outfit!