UR HIGH FIVE JPOP ARTISTS!!

Place for non-Maaya topics.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

UR HIGH FIVE JPOP ARTISTS!!

Post by kirei_lanford »

They like your absolute jpop reference. Im very sensitive when it comes to music. If i fond an artist sing a boring or no good song then i don't bother finding other song. But, sometimes i wrong about this,,, :lol:

now here's my taste like

jpop solos:
1. Maaya Sakamoto
recommended songs: so many, but my ultimate five are: tomodachi, hikari no naka e, mameshiba, cloud 9 and yubiwa/kaze ga fuku hi
2. Chihiro Yonekura
recommended songs: emily, friends, hoshi ni naru made, mirai no futari ni, watashi no yuuki
3. Mikuni Shomokawa
recommended songs: alone, kimi ni fuku kaze, karenai hana, popcorn, true love
4. Mika Nakashima
recommended songs: will, sakurairo maukoro, resistance

ive tried to find one more. But its like im not too fond of japanese solos except for some artists,,,

jpop duos/groups:
1. DAI
recommended songs: week!, hi no ataru sakamichi, under the moon, tangerine dream, tadaima
2. Le Couple
recommended songs: yuubae, kizuna, after the rain, hidamari no uta, tokyo love story
3. Chage and Aska
recommended songs: no no darlin!, walk, on your mark, say yes, river
4. Every Little Thing
recommended songs: over and over, ambivalence, samidare, ichinichi no hajimari ni, water(s)
5. Mr Children
recommended songs: hero, and i love you, mirai, sign, tommorow never knows
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Kem

Post by Kem »

jpop solos:
1. Maaya Sakamoto ~ Probably my favorite singer ever (Next to Seal, actually)
Songs: The Garden of Everything, Hemisphere, Toto, Kimidori, Call To Me, Yakusoku wa Iranai

2. Utada Hikaru ~ She's pretty good, too. I liked Ultra Blue (her latest CD) a lot
Songs: Passion, This is Love, Be My Last, Simple and Clean, Colors, Drama

3. Koda Kumi ~ I have mood swings about her. Some of her songs are really fun, and some are just too much for me.
Songs: Real Emotion, Koi no Tsubomi, Shake it Up, D.D.D feat. Soulhead, Candy feat. Mr. Blistah, Imasugu Hoshii

4. Angela Aki ~ I just heard about her fairly recently. I really like her Japanese stuff. Her english CD was only so-so.
Songs: This Love, One, Never is a promise, Kiss Me Goodbye, Warning, Santa Fe

5. Olivia ~ I have mood swhings about her, too. Some of her songs are really scary and rock-out-ish, and some (like her Nana stuff) are the nicest songs ever.
Songs: Ballerina, Lettuce Garden, A Little Pain, Starless Night, Wish

jpop duos/groups:
1. Do As Infinity ~ They got me into Japanese music. DAI will always be my favorite group. Even though they aren't a group anymore :(
Songs: Fukai Mori, Another, Robot, Heart, Yesterday & Today, Desire, I can't be myself

2. M-Flo ~ I heart M-Flo. I like their sort-of-rap thing they have going. I only like the post Lisa "M-Flo loves..." era, though.
Songs: Miss You (M-Flo loves Meoldy. & Ryohei Yamamoto), The Other Side of Love (M-Flo loves Emyli), 'm Da One (M-Flo loves Whee Sung), Tripod Baby (M-Flo loves Lisa), Astrosexy (M-Flo loves Chemistry)

3. Core of Soul ~ I like them because they're like DAI. They broke up, too, though.
Songs: Natural Beauty, Angel, Trash the Pride, Kohitsuji no Kamisama, The Spirit of this Place

4. L'Arc en Ciel ~ I like them when I'm in a rock music mood. They're fun.
Songs: Ready Steady Go, My Dear, Lost Heaven

5. Chemistry ~ I just like them. I'm not super sure why...
Songs: Mirage in Blue, Bound for identity dear friend, Running Away, Now or Never

*edit* I looked at my LastFM thing and itunes and to make it in order, Olivia would have to be second after Maaya.

Groups get a little gross. Whoops!! would technically be my favortie group (Jiinii is the most played song on my iTunes and within the top 5 [the only "group" in the top 5] on LastFM). However, in terms of total plays, DAI, M-Flo, and Core of Soul all fall ahead of them making Whoops!! 4th. 5th ends up going to Monkey Majik or something. So, yeah... I'll stick with what I wrote before. LastFm jusr has some catching up to do.
I like cereal.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

is anyone here brave enough to not put Maaya in first place?

Maaya sama (songs : um, most of them),and Mikuni Shimokawa (all the Full Metal Panic songs, Popcorn, Missing, Kanashimini Makenaide, Alone) are the two i really love. i listen to some Utada and Hitomi Shimatani and misc others but dont really follow any other artist with any seriousness.
Kem

Post by Kem »

I should have mentioned that mine were in no particular order. And I said that Seal was my favorite singer ever, so Maaya is second for me...
I like cereal.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kaimugen"]is anyone here brave enough to not put Maaya in first place?[/quote]

I'm brave enough :P

Soloists

Rurutia
-favorite songs: Selenite, aoi bara, tone, mizu keshiki hoshi moyou, hohoemi no Maria, suzuka no sora, neo Primary

hitomi
-wish (this is my absolute favorite JPOP song in history. It's been my favorite song for probably 7 years, maybe longer), kimi no tonari, Is it you?, Samurai Drive, Understanding

YUI
-Good-bye Days, I remember you, Tokyo

Sakamoto Maaya
-Kodoku, Pilot, Feel Myself, Loop, Vector, Tune the Rainbow, Yubiwa

KOTOKO
-Lament, sensitive (note this is some fan made video. it has a bunch of fighting game stuff, but the song is played in the background heh), Being (Shakugan no Shana OP 2), Re-Sublimity, Glass no nabikaze (one of her slower songs)

Favorite groups:

the Indigo (i like most every song by the Indigo, and I have 6 or 7 of their albums ^__^. I like some songs a lot more than others, but I can listen to my entire collection of their music without having to skip but maybe 4 or 5 songs)
-Under the Blue Sky (Someday's Dreamer OP), Flair, stay

Do As Infinity
-TAO, Heart, Rakuen, under the moon, shinjitsu no uta, fukai mori, tangerine dream, Week!

Round Table featuring Nino
-Let me be with you (Chobits OP), Today, Birthday, Beautiful, Where is love, In April

*note: I put links to Youtube for whatever songs I could find videos for. Definately check out Selenite, as it's one of my most favorite songs EVER :)

*note2: looks like most of the Rurutia music videos were recently put on Youtube by a huge Rurutia fan. Nice work by that guy!

*note3: YUI is one of my most recently found favorites. She writes all her own songs (both music and lyrics) and plays the guitar. I love that :)
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

@kem
actuallly im a big fan of larc en ciel also. but they're jrock group. i mean it's true that their song genreless, but the're close to jrock than to jpop. i like larc, luna sea, x-japan, siam shade and janne da arc as my top 5 group if it comes to jrock

@Gibb
it's a good idea to put a link to the music. good idea there. just remembered that there also a lot of stuff i haven't check from my fave artists there at youtube. shouldve figure it out in the first place

rurutia remind me of a name of land or something in the anime world,,, forgot :roll:
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]@kem
actuallly im a big fan of larc en ciel also. but they're jrock group. i mean it's true that their song genreless, but the're close to jrock than to jpop. i like larc, luna sea, x-japan, siam shade and janne da arc as my top 5 group if it comes to jrock
[/quote]

I know, but I tend to lump everything Jpanese I listen to as "japanese music" and not separate them at all, which means I often forget sensor myself when I'm only supposed to focus on a genre. I just put people I like.
I like cereal.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

There are a couple of songs by JROCK bands that I absolutely love. Gravity by Luna Sea has been one of my all time favorite songs for almost as long as "wish" by hitomi has. I also really like the song "anenome" by L`arc~en~ciel.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

@kem
as i expected... its okay really :P

@gibb
hey that round table featuring nino ur talking about. i know ive heard a song by them, now i remember it's aria opening/ending? isn't it?? the title is,, hmm let me see... natsu machi if im not wrong. yes i like that song it's so refreshing. anyway, i haven't see the anime just happen to read the manga. the idea of a town in neo venus which imitate the old view of venezia. it's so relaxing... :roll:
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Round Table featuring Nino is quite relaxing. Seems like all of their songs are very mellow, easy R&B/pop type stuff. Unfortunately it's really hard to find youtube videos on their songs >__<
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

didnt round table do a clamp show? was it chobits? very cool listening
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kaimugen"]didnt round table do a clamp show? was it chobits? very cool listening[/quote]

Yeah that's where most people found Round Table, from Chobits. The first opening, and a few of the tracks throughout the anime are Round Table.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

i should probably track down the full series of chobits and watch it then, ive only seen a few eps, chii naked except for a apron was kinda kinky.

have Round Table done other anime?
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Well I had to look them up, but it seems they've done some stuff for Aria, Top wo Narae 2 (gunbuster 2 i think), and others.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=7323

Here's their website:
http://www.round-table.jp/
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

arigatou ne. :D