Why you need to use your ears...

Place for non-Maaya topics.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Why you need to use your ears...

Post by dillpops »

...cross posted from my blog because I fear everyone needs to know what my actual personality is capable of. Being stupid. That's the point of this story ^^;;;

I am the stupidest person in the world and all the things that my mother and sister have been repeating at me for years about not listening and having to concentrate harder when people are telling you things have come to fruitation. Really and truly.

I got a call from my boyfriend yesterday, and took the call entirely in Japanese. Which was my first mistake. A) because phones aren't the best thing for communication and B) because I can't understand all he says on the best of days. So que this conversation translated:

Him: I've just finished work, I'm gonna come over to yours about ten.
Me: oh ok, why? (this is where it begins)
Him:............leaving Kumamoto tomorrow
Me: *kinda shocked* Oh really?...Why?
Him: I'm going to go study in America.
Me: for how long?
Him: maybe forever.
Me: *really shocked* oh...ok....bye
Him: see you later!

Now, if I'd stopped and been sensible I could have come to several conclusions why this is absurd. Firstly, we made plans for the weekend. Secondly, he went back to school on Tuesday and took a maths exam so why would he bother if he's going abroad? And thirdly, why have I never heard anything about it?

Naturally, none of this occured to me at the time. I immediately went into my friends room next door and burst into tears. Que much debating about why he never told me he was leaving and what a dick he is. And how cruel and how I have to phone him up and question him but not cry etc. So I was just crying and crying for an hour and telling everyone how horrid he was and stuff.

Then I made him a gift and poster saying congratulations etc. because I didn't want to seem mean when he came over. Before I punched his lights out. Oh t3h fUnn3h.

So 10pm or so comes and he gets here. And walks in. He doesn't move to come in so I present him with the poster! Shazam!! And he seems impressed with my handycraft if a little bemused at my bright red face and shakey voice. And also he seems confused that I'm telling him congratulations for studying abroad (I reason this down to it not being a Japanese thing) and he crouches down when I ask him to come in and says "I gotta go".

I interpret this as "I have to go get my plane/my parents are in the car outside" or something So I begin quizzing him in the way that girlfriends do when they are being left behind at an hours notice:

Me: how long have you know?
Him: for ages 0_o
Me: why didn't you say anything?
Him: but...like...I thought you knew

This is when I start interpreting his indifference and confusion at my reaction to pure ass-holed using me for physical games, being like all the cliched assholes in movies like Hugh Grant in Bridget Jones etc. etc. Thus...and I'm not proud...I punched him quite hard on the top of the head and started clawing him in the nicest way possible. He took it fairly well, a kind of fear was in his eyes at this point.

Me: how long for?
Him: Forever.

*WHACK* This is when I punch him on top of the head.

Me: I didn't know
Him: but didn't *my brain hears 'I'* say? I thought you knew
Me: no!
Him: so lets go see him!
Me: what?
Him: my friend, Masa, you know him too?...he's leaving for America tomorrow!
Me: ...
Him: what?
Me: not you?
Him: what?

This is when I am so relieved I collapse into a slobbering heap on his lap, snot and everything. And he possibly gets more confused as I sob out I thought he was leaving. Then he starts laughing and I start laughing and it's all good. All so, so, good. And I'm an idiot and I don't care. And everyone thinks he's dumped me and is an asshole, but I don't care. He's not abandoning me and I *did* know his friend was leaving, but I thought he was leaving in April.

Another reason for me to listen more carefully.

My boyfriend ridicules me greatly. I deserve it.

Him: but why didn't you just ask me on the phone?
Me: Because I didn't want to seem rude :cry:
Chibikko

Post by Chibikko »

wow...hahah

ive had my bad moments of not listening or paying attention, but yours truly takes the cake!

Fantastic tale, and I hope you don't learn your lesson so you can have some more funnies to share. :P

*have a glass of water and cookie*
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

I had to admit I read it in your blog (in a work break) and I was suffering for you while reading. I thought he was really going abroad until I read the end of the story :oops:
Now we can remember it and laught at it, but I'm sorry for that tears :3
li0n

Post by li0n »

ahhahahha that is so cute!!
just like a drama scene! :D
LennStar

Post by LennStar »

Me: Because I didn't want to seem rude

You sure you aren't japanese? :D
This sounds exactly like a shojo manga, you now? (Only that he leaves you because of another girl is missing.)

Its good that you can laught about it now.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

The part where he said "maybe forever." is probably the tricky part.
<I>I sorta detected something was wrong here</I>

Usually guys do not express those words well when they are in a conversation, especially when talking to his lover. Let alone if he is really leaving for certain reasons, which in my opinion, he probably doesn't even want to say it in the first place.

Btw, it sounds comical right to the ending part where everything started to clear up, like a soap-drama (romance)

Nice one dilly XD
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

sorry for replying after decades,,

kinda funny when he says "masa, you know him".. i have one prediction that this word,, i mean this very word, u must have thought that "masa" is a word in japanese that u didn' know what it means,, so when he said about it u really thought that it's just a word,, i mean nothing really matters if u miss a word while u understood the point of the topic.. :evil: or whatever,, just a silly assumption
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.