Anime! What's new for everybody?

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Gibb

Anime! What's new for everybody?

Post by Gibb »

Lately I've been on a roll and have been watching tons of anime and reading tons of manga.

Otome wa boku ni koishiteru- A series about a guy who dresses up as a girl to go to an elite all girl school. Normally a setup like this would lead to lots of perverted situations, but the series is actually quite sweet. It has a lot of heart warming episodes with a lot of character development.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Saying anything about this series would ruin some of the story, so I'll just go out on a limb and recommend this series to anybody. It was incredible, and is possibly my favorite series in recent history.

Magical Pokan - A situational comedy series about 4 unusual girls living under the same room in modern day Japan. The cast includes; Yuuma the witch, Liru the werewolf, Pachira the vampire, and Aiko the android.

Ouran High School Host Club - A story about a commoner making friends with a bunch of "rich bastards." I just finished this series a few minutes ago, and it was quite good ^__^. It was also the first shoujo series I've ever completed.

note: the ones with links are pages with some screenshots I put on my wiki page.

So what all have you been watching lately? Spill it! :P
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Haven't watched anime for about 4 years. :evil: (actually, apart from the occassional ebichu and shinchan)
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Nothing much recently too. A bit of GITS 2nd Gig, still trying to finish Eureka 7 (stupid torrent). The trouble is nothing has really caught my eye. And Ive been playing too much Neverwinter nights and Elder scrolls to watch anime.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

waaaa the only anime i've been watching is Bokura ga Ita...typical romance comedy drama anime.....something like a new version of Karekano....with less comedy and more drama.....not that much anyway XD OK!! Im horrible describing thingies!!!

ive been more into jdramas XD i watch one jdrama per day HAuHAuHAuHAuAHuah

i was thinking about watching the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya and now im sure im going to watch it XD thnkies gibb!!! btw, i've been watching kamichu....i dont know why but at some points i feel like crying >_<

AHHH i've watched Nana too!!! OMG !!! IM IN LOVE WITH NANA!! omg omg omg!! its exactly like the manga, its following the same plot line and scenes and all!! so if you havent read the manga, watch the anime cuz its the same!!! OMG I <3 NANA!!! Nana ;____; why arent you real?! T_T nanaa~
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Yuki-chan"]btw, i've been watching kamichu....i dont know why but at some points i feel like crying >_< [/quote]

Oddly enough, I almost cried watching DVD 3 of Kamichu. Episode 9 with the Yamato actually got to me a bit. I felt all choked up and such at the end of the episode haha. I'm actually just sitting down to watch DVD 4 tonight, which I finally found at a nearby store. So I should have yet another series finished off tonight ^__^.

I'll put Bokura ga Ita on my list. I've heard of it, but I haven't seen any artwork. I love romantic comedies most of all, so I'm sure I'll like it ^__^
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Is anyone watching Blood Plus tv series? Its looks kinda good and I'm tempted to get it. Does anyone have an opinion on it?
Gibb, you can probably give it a miss buddy, its probably a million miles away from romantic comedies :) Still, do you also watch live dramas? I see that they are doing a live version of Maison Ikkoku (with Misaki Itou as Kyoko, hubba hubba).
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Is anyone watching Blood Plus tv series? Its looks kinda good and I'm tempted to get it. Does anyone have an opinion on it?
Gibb, you can probably give it a miss buddy, its probably a million miles away from romantic comedies :) Still, do you also watch live dramas? I see that they are doing a live version of Maison Ikkoku (with Misaki Itou as Kyoko, hubba hubba).[/quote]

I've seen some of Blood+ and it's quite good. I havent heard anything bad about it, and there seem to be tons of fans all over the net.

I have nothing against J/K DORAMA, but I haven't seen any. I guess I feel I have enough on my plate with anime alone, that I haven't branched out into that type of entertainment yet. I did end up buying the "Taiyou no Uta" Region2 movie, which is based off the JDORAMA of the same name. I haven't watched it yet, tho it looks like something i would absolutely love. Especially since I'm a huge YUI fan.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Is Blood Plus similar too the 'last vampire' movie? I saw a bit of Cromartie HS, really weird, a bit like Azumanga Daioh but with a male cast, very funny (I still prefer Azu though). I am in a retro mood thanks to Kirei, so I watched Escaflowne again, I love that ending.

YUI, I bet you got her albums too huh. Right now I'm obsessed with Aragaki Yui, shes dead tasty, especially in 'My Boss My Hero'.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Is Blood Plus similar too the 'last vampire' movie? I saw a bit of Cromartie HS, really weird, a bit like Azumanga Daioh but with a male cast, very funny (I still prefer Azu though). I am in a retro mood thanks to Kirei, so I watched Escaflowne again, I love that ending.

YUI, I bet you got her albums too huh. Right now I'm obsessed with Aragaki Yui, shes dead tasty, especially in 'My Boss My Hero'.[/quote]

Well I've only seen the first episode (and I think I didn't watch all of it hehe) but it looks like a prequel to Blood The Last Vampire. Saya is younger looking in Blood+ anyway.

Escaflowne is greatness, but I haven't actually finished it >___<. I got through DVD 4 before getting distracted by something else. I'll try to finish that this weekend sometime.

and yeah I have every YUI album so far (just the 1 debut album), plus her "I remember you" single. She had a new single come out for the Bleach 5th ending "Rolling Star" but I haven't legally bought it yet. I'll probably just wait for the 2nd album.

I've heard of Aragaki Yui, but haven't heard any of her music or whatever she does. I have to skip over videos of her when finding YUI stuff :P
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Okay so I watched the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya a bit....interesting enough for me to keep watching it, plus I like boob squishing.

Also watched a bit of Nodame Cantabile but there's something about pretentious stupidly talented kids that don't even have to try that just annoys the shit out of me >_>
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="misssakura"]
Also watched a bit of Nodame Cantabile but there's something about pretentious stupidly talented kids that don't even have to try that just annoys the shit out of me >_>[/quote]

I'm watching this as well. I've only seen the first episode, but I loved it. I even made a smilie because I like Nodame so much ^__^

Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I think Bood + is a alternate future thing, The events of the movie take place just before the vietnam war, + is in 200?. I definitely must get it.

Aragaki Yui doesn't sing but she does CV stuff (the Keroro gunso movie amongst others). Shes primarily a actress and very hoott. Sorry.

Sakura, boobs? Squishing? Sounds good! Btw, where do you get your anime in NZ?
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Kaimugen"]Sakura, boobs? Squishing? Sounds good! Btw, where do you get your anime in NZ?[/quote]

You definitely need to find Haruhi to watch. It was just licensed by Bandai (in the US) so it might be kind of hard to find now. It's only 14 episodes long, so it doesnt take long to finish. I watched the entire thing in 1 day ^__^
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I don't get anime here because I don't watch it. I'm one of those disgusting opportunists who find anime on youtube these days, although in the past when I was a bit of a junkie I'd spend hours on my 2 hour limit 56K connection downloading it. In the UK that is.

I haven't watched any over here..
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

So another title to add to my list then. Pity I'm broke. And I can't get my torrent working.
There's nothing wrong with disgusting opportunism.
And for a retro flashback I saw Excel Saga. Really funny, Kotono Mitsuishi's finest CV. Loved the fan service in EP 26.