Newbie Marathon

Place for non-Maaya topics.
keldo

Post by keldo »

copying existing template because I am lazy!

Birthdate: 18 July
Born: USA
Languages spoken: english
Hobbies: Photography, Cinema, Sports
Maaya Fan since: ?
First song: Yakusoku wa iranai
Favourite songs: Sora wo Miro, Birds, Yucca, Ongaku
Favourite Maaya Album: Dive
Other artists: Faye Wong, Akino Arai, Chara, Hitomi Yaida, Shena Ringo, the brilliant green, Do As Infinity

Stumbled on to the site and looks like a great idea. Not really a fan of US music or cinema scene at the moment, luckily (thanks to sites like this) I've discovered Maaya and other artists which I wouldn't had the chance to otherwise. Looking forward to chatting with you all!
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

Woah. The first male Maaya fan I have ever seen. May I take a photo? :P (Just joking ^.^; ;) .
Well, I think I came here right before you did, so welcome, newbie! (mwahaha... and joking yet again, though very badly so, sorry!)

Hmmm, hmmm, I like Yucca very much too (actually just came to like it not too long ago, didn't pay attention to it before that).
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Hee, I'm male too. I finally updated the first post :)
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Hey! I add myself to Merry's reivindication :P
There are more boys in that forum! :lol:
Noinini

Post by Noinini »

^.^;; You know those moments when you feel like you want to vanish because you feel utterly embarrassed? Well, yeah, that's me right now. Very much embrarrassed indeed... (and laughing at myself, of course).

*off to read Merri's update*
ariel

Post by ariel »

Hi everyone. This is the very first forum I've joined so I hope I don't mess anything up. I never really know what to say about myself but here it goes...

Name: Ariel
Birth: 1984 (geez I feel old)
First Maaya Song: Vector (and actually the first "j-pop" song I've ever listened to)
Maaya Fan Since:...since the very first time I heard Vector

Well, I can't think of anything else to say so I'll go now.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Welcome Ariel ! Bienvenue !
Hawaii... dreaming ^^
You're old ?? LoL I'm 23 ^^

OOOh Merri ! I thought you was a girl all this time XD
Windpaths

Post by Windpaths »

Name: Windpaths

Birthdate: 19th April

Born: Nanyang, Henan Province, China

Languages spoken: Chinese, English, Japanese

Hobbies: Japanese! Music(including cover songs), Internet, Seiyuu.

Stuff I do sometimes: Reading, writing, games.

Stuff I used to do: Manga drawing.. (I stopped it.. Don't ask me why..)

How did I become a Maaya Fan:
Actually I knew about Maaya from Kiseki no Umi (The Miracle of the Sea), but I did not like that song at all, so I even ignored the singer..

I noticed her voice from <Yoake no Kaze ga Tsuzukinagara>, which was a beautiful song... And I liked her voice.

Then I had her first album, and because I moved to UK and did not have any other album or Internet, I listened to it for thousands of times. But I still did not recoganise me as her fan.

And at one time (I know I won't be forgiven by others if I say it out..), I really really disliked her --- maybe because too many people in my forum loved her too much (my emotion is strange, but when people praise someone over the top, I would feel sick).

Then I watched <Wolf's Rain>, and the first time I heard the ending song, I was shocked --- the voice was so beautiful! Because I only listened to Grapefruit constantly, I did not recoganise Maaya's mature voice. And Maaya's English was not very good in Best Friends, I did not expect such English to come from her. :)

I was shocked again when I saw that the singer was maaya, and at that time I began to change my view on her. (Still, not her FAN. I think to say "fan" means that I have to totally appreciate her works and stuff)

Then I started doing cover songs, and I found that many Maaya songs are wonderful to sing... And I began to collect her other albums and now...

I AM A FAN OF MAAYA.

It costed 4 years in total ---- from the time to know Maaya to the time to be her fan, I think that I am only her standard fan for 1 month. (laugh)

First song (in my impression): Kiseki no Umi or Yoake no Kaze ga Tsuzukinagara
Favourite songs: Mameshiba
Favourite Maaya Album: Easy Listening
Favourite Maaya video: Mameshiba
Homepage: http://windpaths.topcities.com
Oldest site: http://mirrorworld.yeah.net
Newest site: http://windpaths.topcities.com
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

[quote="Windpaths"]I really really disliked her --- maybe because too many people in my forum loved her too much (my emotion is strange, but when people praise someone over the top, I would feel sick).
[/quote]

Yeah I am like you !

Welcome Windpaths !! Bienvenue !! :P
kaijyuu_m

Post by kaijyuu_m »

Nice to meet you all! I think I already know some of you though ^_~

Well, I actually joined a few weeks ago, but didn't stick around long enough then. So finally, here's my list of useless stats:

Name: Miyuki
Nickname: kaijyuu_m
Birthdate: 11/25
Place of birth: Canada
Languages spoken: English, Japanese, French (un petit peu...)
Hobbies: drawing, listening to music, singing, cooking, reading, shopping, collecting Moomin goods, translating song lyrics, working on my website
I'm a Maaya-fan since: 1998/9
How did I learn about her: I found out about her through the TV show "Escaflowne". I always thought she was a nice singer but I didn't pay much attention to her until I read an article about her second album "DIVE" which mentioned that she wrote some of the lyrics. I decided to actually order the album after reading mp's review for it (unfortunately no longer available online), and once I listened to it I was hooked.
First song: yakusoku wa iranai
First album: DIVE
First single: mameshiba
Favourite songs: kaze ga fuku hi, yukka, CALL YOUR NAME, mameshiba, birds, hikare are
Favourite Maaya Album: Lucy
Other artists I like: Arai Akino, Bjork, L'arc~en~ciel, Okui Masami, Radiohead, Stereolab, Amon Tobin, TWO-MIX
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Welcome !!!! :P :P
kaijyuu_m

Post by kaijyuu_m »

Merci!
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

^^; Why not I say....

I've been in a love hate relationship with yoko kanno since the end of 2000 and never hated maaya eh..first maaya song I heard was...oh golly what was it *scratches head* kiseki no umi I think, cus that was one of the first yoko songs I got I think....

And i'm 19 from the UK. :D

First album I got of maaya's was lucy.

Favourite songs are from napple tale. Any of the little insert songs. Although I love the way she sings stuff like sanctuary and inori.
Megumi

Post by Megumi »

Welcome misssakura !
I like very much the insert songs too, and Sanctuary is my favourite song :)
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

they don't use it well enough within arjuna.. :(