Favorite Anime Characters Poll (website I made ^__^)

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Gibb

Favorite Anime Characters Poll (website I made ^__^)

Post by Gibb »

Hey everybody, I decided to make a PHP website to allow people to vote for their favorite anime characters of all time.

You submit 5 characters (and where they come from, such as the anime series, manga, or anime movie), and you can submit them all at once, or in groups at any time until they add up to 5.

Please do not try to abuse the system too much by finding ways to have more than 5 votes, or ways of voting for the same person more than once.

Oh and as I mention on the site, there are numerous ways to spell names and series. I will manually go through the data periodically and sum up the varoius names into a different set of data, which I will display on the site every couple days or so. I will normalize all the names so that "Suzumiya Haruhi" will be the same as "Haruhi Suzumiya", or "Nodame" will be the same as "Noda Megumi". That's why it's important that you all put the series name. If somebody puts "Haruhi", there's no telling if that's the girl from Ouran, Suzumiya Haruhi, or Happiness!.

http://www.otakuwiki.com/poll/

If you have any issues with the site, such as it not allowing you to enter a special character, send me a private message or email me (email is on the site).

Also, for the sake of being easy, I'm not allowing the input of Japanese characters on the site. Please use romanji, thanks.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

Cool!!
meh gonna try right away xD
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Poll Results Page Added to Site!

http://www.otakuwiki.com/poll/results.php (Updated 9:30 PM CST 02/21/2007)

Before people jump on me, I normalized the names before getting these results. That means if you put "Yukito Kunisaki", your vote will show up as "Kunisaki Yukito". For the sake of time, I didn't normalize every name in the data. I only cleaned up the ones that had multiple votes. It was pretty easy to do this by sorting the data by series then seeing which names were surname first, surname last, no surname at all, spelled wrong, etc.

If you see any errors in my data cleaning (such as my not seeing that one character was listed under a completely different series from another vote, even tho they're the same character), let me know and I'll fix it.

So far I've deleted 2 votes that I was pretty sure were the same people voting twice for the same character. They were both spelled wrong the exact same way, as well as being completely lowercase.

These are not the final poll results. I will keep the poll running for another few days at least, but don't wait too long to vote.
Kem

Post by Kem »

I'm the only one who likes Pikachu and Seto Kaiba? Boo! But they're both so fun and wonderful (or "Funwonderful" as I like to say).
I like cereal.
chrono

Post by chrono »

You did a great job on that -- I hope you get a lot of votes! I voted for:

Fruits Basket - Tooru Honda
Shoujo Kakumei Utena - Utena Tenjou
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Kyon (I can never quite remember his actual name LOL)
Yotsuba&! - Yotsuba (did the power of suggestion work? XD)
Inuyasha - Sesshoumaru

For the data clean-up, I assume you didn't care too much about the order of the first/last name as much as having them all be the same so they add together?
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

chrono wrote: Yotsuba&! - Yotsuba (did the power of suggestion work? XD)
^__^ Yotsuba's one of my absolute favorite characters, tho I didn't vote for her :( . I limited myself to 5 votes, even tho I made the site hehe. I'm glad she's getting a decent number of votes, considering she's only in manga.
For the data clean-up, I assume you didn't care too much about the order of the first/last name as much as having them all be the same so they add together?
At first I was putting Surname first for most names, then I realized that doesnt work well with American type names, so I stopped bothering for the most part. I just make sure they're equal to over votes for the same char, so they'll count together.
chrono

Post by chrono »

[quote="Gibb"]^__^ Yotsuba's one of my absolute favorite characters, tho I didn't vote for her :( . I limited myself to 5 votes, even tho I made the site hehe. I'm glad she's getting a decent number of votes, considering she's only in manga.[/quote]
Hehehe. That manga is so awesome -- I actually like it better than Azumanga Daiou so far! I so hope it becomes animated :3

[quote="Gibb"]At first I was putting Surname first for most names, then I realized that doesnt work well with American type names, so I stopped bothering for the most part. I just make sure they're equal to over votes for the same char, so they'll count together.[/quote]
Okay, I figured it was something like that ^^
Kem

Post by Kem »

[quote="chrono"]
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu - Kyon (I can never quite remember his actual name LOL)
[/quote]

Oh! I voted for him, too!! They never give you his actual name. He's always just Kyon.
I like cereal.
chrono

Post by chrono »

That explains it! Hahaha. No wonder they always called him that XD

But yeah, I love it. His neverending sarcastic tone. He's on the verge of death and paralyzed, and he can't stop cracking jokes in his head -- "I cry foul play!!" XDD
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

i forgot which chars i've voted for ._.
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

The poll is dying down pretty much, so I'm going to post some final results pretty soon (possibly tomorrow).
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Shin Chan and Ebichu XD
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Sorry for the huge delay. I finally got around to posting the final poll results:

http://www.otakuwiki.com/poll/results.php

Thanks for everybody that participated ^__^
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

So Suzumiya Haruhi no yuutsu is in, but I'm surprised Yuki Nagato didn't get more votes, shes so cool, my fav from the series. Btw, Hare hare yukai is STILL bouncing around in my head, beginning to get worried, if I start learning the dance steps I think its time to consider suicide.