Ps3 vs Wii vs Xbox360

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Yuki-chan

Ps3 vs Wii vs Xbox360

Post by Yuki-chan »

which one did you or would you get?! why?!

i am a psgirl. I loved playing Wii and got amazed by Xbox360 graphics but i still think ps3 has more hardware potencial...the only problem is the people from sony is messing a little with the market(for example, the backwards compatibility)

and DAmn!! FINAL FANTASY!! its a game i cant live without!!! No Crystal Chronicles wont do!! Final Fantasy XI neither!!! i WANT FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS!!!

sumarizing: great hardware and great games(in my opinion)
"Missing someone doesnt mean you are apart but that one day you were together"
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Wii, Wii, Wii!
I heard that a version of FF will be released on Wii (I think). PS3 is too pricey, ($1300 for a PS3 or a ticket to japan, hmm let me thi..japan, screw PS). But I'm biased cos I hate Sony and Microsoft.
Wii, Wii, Wii!
Kem

Post by Kem »

I have a Nintendo Wii. It is the most amazing thing EVER. I don't think I will ever own a PS3, although once Final Fantasy XII and Kingdom Hearts 3 (assuming that is on PS3- I did read that the developers might explore other platforms for that) come out, I'll want one. It's way too expensive, though.
I like cereal.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

true
it way too expensive ps3...and still has lots of bugs on the just released versions~

FF on Wii, maybe it will be the next game from Crystal Chronicles series
Kingdom Hearts 3 on Wii....KH3 on Wii...i really think it wouldnt be a good idea XD Wii graphics are kinda....not at ps3 or xbox360 level~

omg wii sports is awesome XD my arm hurt for dayssss!! OMG!! IT WAS SOO COOL!! i laughed lots playing that HAUHauHAuAH
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

I am a PS2 fanboy, but I think the PS3 is completely worthless in its current state as a game system. The only reason I could possibly consider getting one right now is for the Blu-Ray player. There are zero games I want to play on it.

I have a Wii and a 360 and I get more use out of the 360. It's been out longer and has a better game library, tho the Wii is pretty neat as well.

System specs don't matter much to me, as I play my PS2 more than any of the other systems currently. It's all about the games.

Once the PS3 starts getting some games I care about, such as the next Ratchet & Clank, a game by the people who made Shadow of the Colossus, Assassin's Creed, some good looking RPGs, a Nippon Ichi title (there's one in the works i think), and some others, I'll consider it.

Right now it looks like I wont get one til 2008 when Final Fantasy XIII comes out.

Oh and depending on where you are in the world, you might get a European PS3, which is pathetic. They took out the hardware emulation for PS2 and PS1, and replaced it with software emulation. This means most games will not work for backwards compatibility.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Kem

Post by Kem »

The Wii graphics might not be as "life like" as PS3 or Xbox 360, but have you seen Twilight Princess? That game is beautiful. I am confident that the graphics ability could still make for a pretty good looking game if they were to consider making Kingdom Hearts 3 for something besides Playstation. But, I'm pretty sure they'll let me down and put it on PS3 and I won't get to play it until I'm like 50. Sad...
I like cereal.
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

these nextgen consoles are way to expensive!!
ps3 here on Brasil is selling at the price of US$1500 >_<

if they were "cheap" like the sixth generation i would buy an wii and ps3 XD i dont know...i have this prejudice against xbox...even tho its an awesome console!! damn...this kind of person who keeps the world from moving foward!! HAUHAuHA ¬¬ bleh...shuddap yuki
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

[quote="Yuki-chan"]these nextgen consoles are way to expensive!!
ps3 here on Brasil is selling at the price of US$1500 >_<

if they were "cheap" like the sixth generation i would buy an wii and ps3 XD i dont know...i have this prejudice against xbox...even tho its an awesome console!! damn...this kind of person who keeps the world from moving foward!! HAUHAuHA ¬¬ bleh...shuddap yuki[/quote]

Well to be honest, the 360 is the best system currently, as far as the actual console goes. Here's why I think that:

+Awesome online multiplayer network
+Free downloadable game demos for 360 games AND Arcade games
+Download in background and Download resume features. (Currently in the PS3 if you are downloading a 500 MB demo, you have to sit there and watch the progress bar, in the 360 you can go play a game while it's doing that).
+PC Connectivity to stream your own music within EVERY SINGLE GAME (you can also put music straight onto the Hard drive if you want)
+720p gaming = goodness
+HD-DVD player add on is only $200 (that's super cheap)

The 360 might not have the best selection of games around, but it's quite a force to be reconed with.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

[quote="Kem"]The Wii graphics might not be as "life like" as PS3 or Xbox 360, but have you seen Twilight Princess? That game is beautiful. I am confident that the graphics ability could still make for a pretty good looking game if they were to consider making Kingdom Hearts 3 for something besides Playstation. But, I'm pretty sure they'll let me down and put it on PS3 and I won't get to play it until I'm like 50. Sad...[/quote]
And you have to remember Twilight Princess doesn't use the full potential of the Wii, because it is a GameCube game made for GameCube hardware. Wii's hardware is atleast two to three times better than what GC was.

Too bad this far no development team has tried to get the most out of Wii, but that might only be a matter of time. Only four months out until now.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
Yuki-chan

Post by Yuki-chan »

i still dont like xbox XD it isnt about its system or anything...i jsut...dont like the brand XD

and maybe the point isnt totally on how good the console is(except when there are too many bad points...like in the ps3 right now XD) but which one will released most of the games we would like playing ne?!

its funny how ps3 is cheaper in China than in Japan AuAhUAhAuhu and its 3 times more expensive here on brasil T_T waa...brasil isnt a country for gamers~