~:.Ùñïvëršè.:~ trañš by Ïmü (Updated)

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Imurann
Posting Freak

~:.Ùñïvëršè.:~ trañš by Ïmü (Updated)

Post by Imurann »

Hello.

I figured we need to keep this forum a little lively, so I'm going to post related Ma-aya here, so others can read or analyze.

(I made two languages translations, I'm going to exclude the bahasa version - it's avaliable at my webbie)

~:.Ùñïvëršè.:~
30minutes Night Flight

kotoba ni wa naranai omoi o dakiagete
namae o sagashiteta
kurayami to yoake no
sukima ni hitorikiri
*Those words still never change, it's still in my mind
*as I was looking for a name
*Within this darkness and dawn
*eventhough, I'm still all alone

hashiru you ni nobiteiku
musuu no inori no hitotsu ga koko ni aru no
*Still running away from one another #1
*regardless of prayers and life, one will always be here

rokujuu oku no kodoku ga miageteru,
hateshinai sora ni me o korasu
chippoke na negai goto to kakaete
maarui hoshi ni, aoi hi ga tomoru yunibaasu
*60 hundred million years of loneliness, is currently being lifted
*like seeing the distant endless skies
*A small wish, is still being granted
*A round earth with it's blue-enlighted UNIVERSE

tsukiakari no shita ni mado akari wa ikutsu
onaji hoshi no ue ni mado akari wa ikutsu
kazoeru hitotsuzutsu
*under the moonlight, as for that many lighted lamps
*stars that looked alike, as for that many lighted lamps #3
*It was calculated one by one

massugu ni nobiteiku
hontou no kotae wa jibun no naka ni aru no!
*Soon, things shall clears (open up for you)
*The real answers is still there within you!

rokujuu oku no kodoku ga miageteru
hateshinai sora ni me o korasu
kagiri aru sono inochi moyashite **
maarui hoshi ni aoi hi ga tomoru yunibaasu
*60 hundred million years of loneliness, is currently being lifted
*like seeing the distant endless skies
*with that, this life will continue to change (update below)
*A round earth with it's blue-enlighted UNIVERSE

aoi hi o matou yunibaasu
*This blue lighed UNIVERSE

My comments
#1-got this from loop song, one go that way, another go the other way since the world is round, they will meet eventually.
#2-round star is also known as earth - arjuna, where chris said save this "hoshi" aka earth, earth is blue in space
#3-this was probably how many time maaya tried to find that person, being unable to find him. That special light.

#########################################

Updates - New translation modify
"kagiri aru, sono inochi moyashite"
*That key still exists, that this life will continue to change*

Comments
Ka giri, It feels like key.. it states that within the lock state, the key exists as to "open" her heart.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
nuele

Post by nuele »

Universe is a very beautiful song, just like 30 Minutes Night Flight!
maaya aisuru. <3
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Welcome to the family :)

I kinda hope Maaya cope with english language as soon as possible, so we can force her to open a blog somewhere and get to know her even closer :P
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
frecklegirl

Post by frecklegirl »

Mm... you know I already translated that like months ago, right? It's cool that you wanted to make your own but posting it like "This forum needs more activity! Here's my translation to contribute to that!" is a little.....
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i think immurann just wanna discuss the song more deeply coz that's what he does,, and almost everytime i couldn't catch with him.. i mean im not really a serious thinker.. figuring out song meaning could be depressing sometimes :evil:

anyway ur great, immuran-san
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
rykisi6606

Post by rykisi6606 »

Now to think of that, I've been trying to translate Universe into Chinese but it seems that I failed doing so...

Anyway it's one of the favourite songs of mine in Sakamoto-san's songs. The melody really suits the title-when I'm listening to it, I feel like flowing in the space and watching billions of stars. The lyrics are good too-I love that"60 hundred million years of loneliness". It's really beautiful.

p.s. Sakamoto's English speaking is really good! I'm surprised when I listened to "Tell Me What The Rain Knows" as she didn't make "rain" sounds like "lain", "trace" like "tolaces" XD The other Japanese singers always do these kinds of things.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yea, the melody really fits the title.. but almost nothing can be compared to dive if concerning that. nothing but afternoon repose mybe??
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

I find a lot of Maaya's songs have music that really fits the lyrics and title of the song. 'Makiba Alice!', 'Dive', 'Universe', 'Uchuuhikoushi no Uta', 'Migihoppe no Nikibi' (it's like an incredibly accurate melodical interpretation of the teenage mortification of running into your crush when you're not looking your best ... it might just be me, but, seriously, I think it fits perfectly; even the rhythm of it -- it's like a train), 'Orange-Iro to Yubikiri', 'Strobe no Sora', 'Watashi wa Oka Kara Kabin wo Nageru', 'Kuuki to Hoshi', 'Mameshiba', 'Saigo no Mameshiba', 'Cloud 9', 'tell me what the rain knows', 'Vector', Yubiwa', 'Kaze ga Fuku Hi', 'Tsuki to Hashirinagara', 'Fuyu Desu Ka', 'Yuunagi Loop', 'Paprika', 'Kazemachi Jet', 'Saigo no Kajitsu', 'action!', 'Bokura no Rekishi', 'Pilot', 'birds', etc. ... I guess I think most of Maaya's songs are really well matched in music and lyrics. XD;
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

if the relation is tied with their lyrics the list become much much longer of course,, but if it's between the title and the music only??? It's a more narrow definition of songs that could picture surroundings, sensations, feeling or even "the beauty of nature",, *allow me to use these expressions*.. One example, "Neko to Inu",, by only imagining the relation of cat and dog and then listening the mellow sound,, eetooo.. if you get what i mean. Then you must see the lyric, see what maaya really wanna tell us.. I agree with "Uchuu Hikoushi no Uta" though, thanks to the UFO sounds.. dunno with "Mahiru ga Yuki" (Midday Snow),, is the music resemble the title enough,, for me it's like "Bright Snow"?? but "midday" is different?? While "Dive" and "Afternoon Repose", well it's easy to tell. And "Kaze ga fuku Hi",,for the soothing saxophone and those background percussions and vocals.. It feels really free, like flying,, like you're in a wide-open grass field. And i have also certain feeling for "Tomodachi", "Okitegami" and "Hikari no naka e" for the relation between the vocal style and the title... And "Kinobori to Akai Skirt" for the brilliant adjustment between the lyric and the music at different parts..

actually i used to have a funny feeling when watching "Mameshiba" pv,, when there are other song that has the meaning "running", which is "hashiru" of course. But anyway after knowing the meaning for "Mameshiba" and watch again,, Of course, how could i missed that cute creature?? Anyway between the title and the music, the relation is quite dimmed..
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

I wouldn't go by the title alone, though. The lyrics and the music are the most important parts. Titles always seem like the least important thing, imo. Often they're chosen for fairly arbitrary reasons. (For example, Utada Hikaru's 'Take 5' from her new album 'HEART STATION'; she called it that because this is her fifth official Japanese album, so it's like her 'take 5'. But the lyrics are about dying and becoming a star, which she didn't take into consideration at all when titling the song.)

I think there are very few songs in the world that have music that fit with the title; the interpretations you can make from a title, from a single phrase or word, are endless. To consider only title and music and exclude lyrics seems kind of pointless. Considering the lyrics, music, and title, most songs fit together very well, like a puzzle. Uh, well, I guess that's how I see it.

But if you do consider only the title and music, a few of Maaya's songs match very well. Personally, I think the music to 'Mahiru ga Yuki' fits perfectly with the title. The music sounds like snow falling on a sunny afternoon. As for 'Mameshiba', I feel like the title wasn't meant to fit with the lyrics ... It's just something Maaya came up with. I'd love to see some of the interviews she gave when that single came out. I'd really like to know what her thinking behind it was.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yep, i also now that not every songs is mean to fit the title completely.. I just mention there are some songs that have that typical style.. And they're one of the most beautiful type of songs in these whole universe imo.. The detail of sounds that grabs heart and lead imagination, blinding our real eyes,, and give another way of seeing things to another world that lies beyond the music itself.. And Maaya is the best artist in bringing that imo. Also thanks to Yoko Kanno herself, of course.. And sure it's true that lyrics is also an important part of songs.. But the music itself also has its own languange.. It's as if comparing novel and comic.. while comic brought us pictures, novel don't, which is the strong point of a novel itself. But i agree,, a good song, except instrumentals of course, must comprise of a good music and a good lyric.. Anyway, for me,, i can like songs just for one of the component above.. then i could just labelled it as "a good music" or "a good lyric" although probably not "a good song". Well that's me.

Also about title as the least important thing about a song i also agree that.. It's just that for me,, who don't know japanese much, the first thing that i could know when hearing a song is to know the meaning of the title first. And sometimes, i get stunned only by the ability of the music to give me the visual image of a song even when i dunno the lyric.. Just a perfect image that really fits the title, which is the only thing i understand at that point.

And most of them come from Maaya songs.. *and some from Miki Imai* Could someone give me more recommendations for other artists that bring that kind of songs.. I mean the songs that could create sceneries or visual sensations??
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I think translating a song you love by yourself is good, Frecklegirl. I don't think people should be deterred by the fact that there's already one translation out there. You should know that great feeling when you do something yourself - and it goes double when it's something you love. I was thinking about translating my favourite Maaya songs myself but if you think I don't need to then....

:P :P :P I'm kidding
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Ohoho, tense XD

I was just reading what kirei and harmonium is conversing (I haven't read this thread properly, ever since I posted it) It reminds me of the audio copy of the Quran which I had in my hardisk. The highest definition of feelings and words, if there is one, that's it. Just to solve one question. I do listen to it, during my sleep and while I awake, I listen to it again. I actually had a plan to stop listening to music, I mean stop everything, down to the lyrics, songs and all. Just to find solitude within myself, learning more about my own life path and my journey as a human being. I'm a radical thinker, and I have been though a life from a commoner until what I have become now. Still, there are times when I just feel sad and lonely. It took me a long time to understand and embrace this feelings, but as how I see it. The story doesn't end here. To me the missing of Yuho's words is a great loss, personally. I really felt that, she is like a pet mother to me. But time has proven that, nothing stays forever. 10 years, let alone 20 years. Things will change and we will lose friends, and find new ones. This was what's going through my head when listening to Universe.

That question is asked in my mind "Why all this happen?" the answer will be "massugu ni nobiteiku, hontou no kotae wa jibun no naka ni aru no!". Till the discs of time comes to an end, until then we will know nothing of it. I guess, I will have to seek another thing, rather than wait for my answer to pop out from nothingness.

Off topic: I know that somethings is still keeping it's occurrences, but give time for them to mature first. Even my wisdom tooth haven't come out, and I think I'm matured enough, but really, I'm not. Physically and mentally maturing process takes time, in a different hour, everything will come into a logical explanation. Oh yea, I had a new objective in life, which is to find the Creator's smile. That will make my "happy ending" :)

Ps - written by the Lightside, extra comments is written by the Darkside.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I cried a little today, after listening to Universe.

I always seen myself a single entity across this broad Universe. Like any other entity, I believed in God, in which whom name Himself Allah, according to our holy scriptures. I'm not here to talk about religious thoughts, just to share a brief feeling of what I was thinking until I lead out tears.

It was like any other Friday, but today I felt like thinking of something that God has said, "I find it impossible to believe, that in My knowledge, and I only did not know of one thing, that is an existence of another like My Self"

I began thinking on my own, that God created many-many creatures, but does it come to a point where God cannot create something as near to Himself. It is impossible.

Feelings that is encrypted in our souls, that of us humans to have feelings over one another, a man and a woman, God knew everything until the ever bitter ones of them, Yet he knew that he was alone. I felt sadness and cried a little, by knowing that in that moment, it was the closest moment I could have felt before towards my own Creator.

Even as I knew it, sorrow was a link which I had with my creator. The moments I felt that no one was watching over us, it was wrong, the moment we feel that God is watching over us, He will be watching over us, and takes care of us.

It was painful, in the heart..
itada19

Post by itada19 »

very interesting song.....very.....very.....touching