Innovations and new ideas

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Innovations and new ideas

Post by Imurann »

:(

Just thought to drop some ideas since most of us are still studying, either in school or universities. I did come out with some new thoughts daily, well I think it should be known outside (more likely letting it out for others to think about it so our knowledge wont be so static all year long)

New exam method:
The usual what-if exams would be more interesting if we are allowed to bring in, let's say a limited amount of papers 1-10 papers of our notes that we prepared before hand for the exams, as a result when we do our exams, we can use our own notes as reference material rather than the usual copy-hide-from-lecturer way. Why not make questions that actually use the mind in proper ways, thus creating new answers in the process. Maybe students read or copy materials from wikipedia or from books, which ever matters, just that not bringing in books because that's a little overkill. Just for the sake of education, we clip along our notes together with the rest of the answer sheets then the lecturer will give marks on the notes we made. (for addon marks)

Innovations is a widescope way in making things more complex yet fun in some ways. Just to make sure it doesnt go beyond limitations.

(woops, class starting..)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Found this somewhere

this onee san also looks quite nice XD she's the one using that chara as the pink headed robo in gunbuster2, I think.

Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I had a new idea, how about we use fiber optics on the white lines on the road.

The ideas is when at night, the moment our headlights hits the ground. The luminescent lights makes the road see-able, since it's fiber-optics, it creates a line of light creating a path lighted in the dark.

rather than putting up lights that is above ground, we put em into the white painted road, and it's light reactive. Comes with assorted colors. woot.
li0n

Re: Innovations and new ideas

Post by li0n »

[quote="Imurann"] :(

Just thought to drop some ideas since most of us are still studying, either in school or universities. I did come out with some new thoughts daily, well I think it should be known outside (more likely letting it out for others to think about it so our knowledge wont be so static all year long)

New exam method:
The usual what-if exams would be more interesting if we are allowed to bring in, let's say a limited amount of papers 1-10 papers of our notes that we prepared before hand for the exams, as a result when we do our exams, we can use our own notes as reference material rather than the usual copy-hide-from-lecturer way. Why not make questions that actually use the mind in proper ways, thus creating new answers in the process. Maybe students read or copy materials from wikipedia or from books, which ever matters, just that not bringing in books because that's a little overkill. Just for the sake of education, we clip along our notes together with the rest of the answer sheets then the lecturer will give marks on the notes we made. (for addon marks)

Innovations is a widescope way in making things more complex yet fun in some ways. Just to make sure it doesnt go beyond limitations.

(woops, class starting..)[/quote]

I wish it were that easy, problem is that lecturers have better things to do most of the time than worry about undergrads, so exams (especially for the engineering subjects) are raw, "question here" "answer here" kinda thing, which hundreds memorizing. Trust me i've had my days of people getting better marks than me when they really have no clue as to what the subject is about.

Maybe in 20, 30 years time something will change... hopefully -_-

As for the fibre optics thing lol, in australia we don't have roads that light up we just have those things that have some sort of mini reflective coating that lights up (like on bikes). Although now during school 'safety zone' they have lights that flash on and off to alert drivers that the speed limit is now limited to school zone speed which is 40km/h it hink.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Re: Innovations and new ideas

Post by Imurann »

[quote="li0n"]Trust me i've had my days of people getting better marks than me when they really have no clue as to what the subject is about. [/quote]

I guess it's happening everywhere now.. in my place, I do happen to participate in tests where the lecturer actually leaves the room and it became a sort of "open-book" test. and later comes in and pick up the papers. Then I heard some students said certain lecturers are so weak against offending students whom are copying, wth.. black and white they are cheating, but it's in order to "help" them pass. Because in my place heard that cheating will cost them a bit. My my.. sometimes I dont feel the marks I get reflects the work I have done. sometimes I feels like a dull person whom just studies alone for the higher above. For His sake. But honestly XD I do feel like that, but it doest feels that I was dragged into it on purpose. Just that it felt more being responsible.

One thing for sure, we do not know where we will be in the next 10 years or 15 years. Same goes for everyone. I did propose something to God. Hopefully it went through, because I just dont want to be in the same loop as a slave of time / slave to economy *capitalist system*

It rings me, I cant repeat the same thing everyday without the state of knowing that something is definitely wrong. Same loops, yet again noted we are slowing being "educated" with a sort of brainwashing. That so, I rather be in the loop where I could reach heavens in the end. More promising right :)
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I tried a new technique of studying late for exams, it's pretty crazy right.. because I printed 4 A4sized notes into a single page. Say there is around 80 pages of notes right, then we divide it by 4, with makes it 20 pages. then for each A4 paper we have, we print it double sided, which makes it 10 pages total! per A4 paper.

As usual our final exams might cramp our brain full of information, but I found this way to give better coverage of information within a single paper just with the costs for cramming your eyes a little more on the paper to read it. The trick is to fast-read + our brain doesn't read word to word, so it helps in reading faster than normal.

Use the random-eye-reading-technique, but needed to be discrete.

The Benefits: The poorly memory minded, those whom doesn't really want to study but wants to survive well, whom thinks themselves smart but slightly lazy XD

Allright, a little word from Maaya's latest combo-single,

From "Action!" Clamp in Wonderland
Konnichiwa-sayonara~
arigatou-gomen ne~
ohaiyou-oyasumi~

kore kara, hajimaru~
fuushigi na, ohanashi~
nanimo iranai~

Ready Action!
(the other words are quite hard to capture)

naughty song! XD ahahaha kyaaaa *ehem*