Milestone, for senior Maaya Fans!

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Milestone, for senior Maaya Fans!

Post by Imurann »

Not to be rude, let's list out our most favorite songs from (ten) 10 years ago, in Milestone sequence. Remember Kimidori? "To us ten years from now"

Here I list out the year, and most favourite song(s) at that time.

1998 Platina (Purachina CCS 03 Opening & the day I know Maaya)
1999 Hashiru (Made some fan CCS website in geocities, still exists)
2000 Platina, Light of love and Orange Iro to Yubikiri and Alkaloid
2001 Blind Summer Fish, Kuuki to hoshi, Vector
2002 Kimodori, Tune the Rainbow, Bike, Fado and Vector (Sad year)
2003 Sukurappu ~Wakare no shi, Park Amsterdam, Uchuu Hikoshi no uta (Sadest year)
2004 Ongaku, Hemisphere, Tune the Rainbow (RahXephonia), Gravity & Cloud 9. (also met Miki Imai at this moment)
2005 UNISON, Honeycome and Loop. (left my first University)
2006 Kazemichi Jet, Spica (other songs are from Miki Imai)
2007 30mins Album, Imai's Milestone album, Akino's Lost in time
2008 Mitsubachi to Kagakusha XD (because Saigo no Kajitsu sounds slightly sad)

Important Artist Milestone
Maaya@1998 >> Miki Imai@2004 >> AKINO@2005
Not to forget, the infamous Yoko Kanno and her lyricist Iwasato san.

Iwasato last stopped writing for both Maaya and Miki Imai effective at 2007. Both new albums released doesn't have her writings in it. AKINO is the target now, rarw!

You guys should check AKINO's album, Lost in time. The configurations is correct, but the singers switched =)

2009 - 2019? Ah well, we will know sooner or later :)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

How do you remember all that o_o;
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

Because there just have to be people who can so the others who get easily amazed can be amazed of it.

I do remember somewhat which were my favorites, but it'll be a rough guess and I often have had many songs that I've liked as my favorite at one time.

My Maaya era started sometime in the year 2000, it was an early fall when I found some of her MP3s. I didn't like the initial ones that I found, but later on I found some other songs that fitted perfectly to my liking and then they just kept pouring in. I think I like well over half of the material she has put out.
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
harmonium

Post by harmonium »

It really is amazing that you remember all that, Imurann. :)

I haven't been a Maaya fan for that long. I was a casual fan for about three, four years -- mainly for her role in "Escaflowne" --, and then I became a more serious fan about two years ago, when I heard all of "Nikopachi". I like pretty much everything Maaya has done. The only song I don't really like is 'Taikutsu to Yuuutsu'.
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I know kiseki no umi was my first kanno (and maaya) song.

Then the escaflowne songs...

Then Lucy and the rest in chronological order.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

The esca songs started me on Maaya in '99 thanks to my friend (cheers HP if you're out there). Got Hotchpotch, then Grapefruits and Dive. I remember I was on the bus back to my base in singapore and I looped Kaze ga fuku hi continously on the hour long trip. Then everything she released as soon as it was released. My favs list is 80 songs long so I can't choose except my two current absolute favs; Mameshiba and 30minutes.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Easy to remember, most of it comes from Animes. Card Captor Sakura, Chikyuu Shoujo Arjuna, RahXephon, and not to forget Escaflowne. Though I havent watch Esca for a very-very long time now, still can remember Arjuna and RahXephon well. I do watch the movie over and over during a year. Card captor is a bit too childish for me now -_-", so I skipped it. Arjuna still ok.. got nice quality to watch, so it just depend on how much free time I can spend on watching them. New animes like gundam 00, naruto, bleach.. well sometimes I do watch, if my brothers watch em on their pc. Last anime I watched was Dennou Coil, damn nice. Really out of the book idea. Sort of like hack sign, minus the online game terminologies.

Some of the other songs reminds me of my older friends, whom now have left me. They probably have other life to live though, sometimes listening to older songs reminds me of them. Sort of an untold love story, or something not easily to be shared with others.

I really do track down Maaya's songs, especially what's within them, not the translations.. more to it. Weirdly, on some new songs she released, I detected a similarity on something like a plot. I was took in as well, thanks to that Yuho writer. Just to give a hint, what's with the ".. I will find you.. " or " ano hito" ?

Just another question I wanted to ask curiously (target to the extreme Maaya fans), have any of you fans out there met a dream, where you seen a beautiful woman in dark clothes, silently, smiling at you. Then suddenly the dream ends?
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="Imurann"]2002 Kimodori, Tune the Rainbow, Bike, Fado and Vector (Sad year)
2003 Sukurappu ~Wakare no shi, Park Amsterdam, Uchuu Hikoshi no uta (Sadest year) [/quote]

why were u sad at those times??

for me though,, i knew maaya since mid 2000,, the first song was "yubiwa". remembered the stupid moment when me and my best friend argued for the best song in a cassete we got from another friend of mine, whether it's "yubiwa",, it's my vote.. or another song he liked,, forgot the song title.. just so funny.. the event that happened a few days after was even funnier,, he suddenly appeared and said "hey,, i think yubiwa is also a good song" and then i found out he's been repeating the song over and over. his first defeat that was.. hahaha and not his only defeat. until now he almost always believe in my taste of music.

but the song that really hypnotized me were "tomodachi" and "hikari no naka e".. still clear in my mind the time after i visited my friend's house,, the song "tomodachi" simply cannot leave my head.. walking that long road.. a memorable afternoon.. and then found out the best music ever,, "hikari no naka e",, *still the most beautiful song ive come crossed over these years* while browsing the internet.

Imurann,, i have. like i posted in dreams thread.. but she didn't wear black at that time.. not sure about the color.. white?? a transparant white?? no no perhaps it's blue.. light blue?? forgot ><
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

sort of a thing with my ex-gf.. didnt managed to write it properly even at my blog. It really ticks at that time, an unmanaged morning.. while waiting at the bus stop, my right/left index finger overflowed blood, like a bad omen. That time Vector was right song to describe it, I guess there were many out there whom like that song. For me, it's simply "regret".

That day she said some nasty words in front of me, in public. I know, people are not perfect.. but the idea of beating me up in public is ulterrly insane. Maybe her friends wanted her to do it. I hate those friends of hers, always misguiding her path, even until today. One thing I really regret was that, that unknown feelings of emptiness. I think most Maaya fans probably felt it once or twice, like feeling life is going all wrong, heading the darkest path ever, yet feeling alone. At home, just lied down silently, knowing I lost a good friend of mine.. sort of I lost touch of what's really important for once.

From that moment, I had a feeling with Tim Jenson (for a while). Questions like 'why' he made this song, and many others. Soon after my ex went silent, I guess I was detach from these feelings. I became more resilance, more less more ignorant towards them. But I still met her lately, last year I think.. many secrets were told, mine are still the same. She placed commitment on another man, so I was expendable. At that moment, I know what I shall have to do. Survive.

Vector by maaya chan, written by Tim jenson

Told myself for a long time
don't go there
you will only be sorry
Told myself so many times
I just had to take a look
in those faraway eyes..

In them I saw a longing
for something
Maybe I couldn't give you
Said it's all in my mind
"It ain't nothing"

Don't say that
Don't say that
darling no
Don't say anything at all
Because I've seen it now
Can't pretend anymore
"It ain't nothing"

Do you know what I mean?
And have you seen it too?
Do you know what I mean?
Do you know?
And I'll do anything
just tell me what it means
Cause I can't live in doubt anymore
Do we try or should we
just say goodbye

If you'd rather be somewhere
that's not here
then you just gotta tell me
Cause there's so much more to life, than pretending

Don't you know
Don't you know
darling for you
I'd do anything at all
I wanna be with you
but that look in your eyes
tells me something

I wanna know
can you tell me
I wanna know
will you tell me
is it hello
is it good bye

>About the dream
I met a kind of dream, it's structure was constant.. Meaning that like an existant world which we only can see in dreams. I had to remember that part where there was a Japanese girl talking to me, about something near the closed gate. "To take another path". Again that other day I had dreamt, maaya singing her latest song.. what was it.. saigo no kijatsu, but the song did not end normally.. there were more, she said more.. in japanese.. I cant understand really what she was saying. Maybe soon we will know in her Album reviews. *sidenotes*

My other close friend, met a person, probably ano-hito. She actually came into her dream.. that.. from her description "Very beautiful", "matured face" "long dark staright hair", she didnt say anything to her... but that dream to me, was te same as that dream I had had when I was 7 years old. "Finally I met you.." she said to me while hugging me thightly, ..weird..

I have to clear this as soon as possible. There must be an answer.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Vector and Another Grey day in the Big Blue world always remind me of Christmas because that's when I first heard them waaay back in the day (maybe 2002-ish?...)
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Double post but shouldn't this be in maaya discussion?...
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

@dilly

I prefer maaya disccusion to be more of official things that she has done, like an update for all of us... maybe I think like that.. here is more to, open talks..