Suggest me a good manga

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Suggest me a good manga

Post by Imurann »

no really, a good manga.. I do read ero, and I can tolerate a little ero-guro, but trying to avoid anything too extreme XD unless it has a story line like Berserk.. Gantz.. naah, didnt like the concept..

last time one of my buddies recommend me this manga, where one of the guy's {cencored} is remoted. Well some of the girls at school stole it, and played with it.. man it was weird.. but I can accept something like that, funny lol

Just I had tons of manga, but never read them. Hope to find something nice soon :)
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Mugen no jyuunin (aka Blade of the Immortal), best manga I've ever read, if you like lots of blood, beautiful art, superb characters and (usually) a pretty good story.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Alright, I'll look into it.
(while clicking on google.. and with a key search catalyst "..torrent")

XD

Blade Of The Immortal T_T
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

I forgot to mention, if you want a taste of it try: http://www.z-builder.com/manga/mugen/.
I get the feeling the guy who does this site has given up which is sad.
Gibb

Post by Gibb »

Just any good manga huh?

I'm not sure what you're into so I'll just suggest my favorites:

Yotsuba&!

I think everybody who reads manga should read this at some point in their lives. It's a cute manga by Kiyohiko Azuma (creator of Azumanga Daioh) about a 6 year old girl in Yotsuba who loves to do normal kid things and say funny stuff. If you ever read something like Calvin & Hobbes, Yotsuba is about as close as it gets in manga form.

Pastel

This is an ecchi romantic comedy about a nice and shy guy named Mugi who falls for a girl named Yuu while on a vacation. He returns from his vacation thinking he'll never see her again, but finds her living in his house do to her father knowing Mugi's father. It has really good artwork (IMHO) and the storyline is pretty cute, albeit a bit chiché. I like romantic comedies where the lead guy isn't a complete idiot/pervert. Mugi is a genuinely nice guy, tho he does get tempted by ecchi things quite a bit.

Negima!

Another Ken Akamatsu goodin'. If you've seen any of the Negima anime series, just ignore them because they're awful compared to the original manga. The manga has incredible art, interesting characters, really cool story arcs and twists, and the localization is also really good as well. Del Rey does both Pastel and Negima, and they're by far my favorite manga producer in the US. They always leave honorifics in place and they don't lose the meaning of the original Japanese storyline. They also include notes at the end that explain certain things Americans wouldn't understand about Japanese culture.
Otakuwiki.com: Disgaea 4 (PS3)
Current Avatar: Fuuka from Disgaea 4
Kaimugen
Posting Freak

Post by Kaimugen »

Is Negima like Love Hina? I haven't had the heart to read Akamatsu's stuff because of Hina. The panty flash thing gets old really quick, if a girl wears a skirt that looks more like a belt and ends up flashing her knickers it is her own fault.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

[quote="Kaimugen"]if a girl wears a skirt that looks more like a belt[/quote]

the words of the day,,

and the mangas that i am reading or ive already read are the usual manga everybody, i mean every guys like.. like One piece, Naruto, Gantz, Bleach, Shaman King and other regular shonen mangas. Also the ecchi mangas, including the legendary VG Ai and I's from the legendary Masakazu Katsura, teenage mangas: School Rumble etc. anyway some manga that don't really too common are: Aria, The Law of Ueki, Samurai, Oudorobou Jing, Soul Eater, Zetman etc

is negime the same with magister negi-negi??
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

Kodomo no jikan, it is quite the story. You might like it. It is my favorite.

Basic info and downloads (if you look)
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1930

Best thread I have found on it....
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=42993
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

lately i read korean manga, shin angyo onshi a lot. i think the story is well established. really good manga.. but still below my ultimate favourite japan mangas though..
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

@.@ I currently have 10 gigs + worth of Yuri manga.. only started to read them (still at 0.5%)

anyone is a "Yuri" fan here?

FYI - Yuri is not a character in an anime, it's a terminology.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

I am willing to give yuri a shot. But never rad any yuri, saw an anime with yuri elements in it, but not hardcore yuri. If you want to share, I want to read. Just tell me what to do.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i guess i'll have to add claymore to my list.. it's a great manga.
jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda »

[quote="kirei_lanford"]i guess i'll have to add claymore to my list.. it's a great manga.[/quote]

claymore is pretty frickin sweet. I love the story, but I can not find anymore scans online. I thought I was missing them, but I guess they are not released. I thinking that it is a original story, and I love the characters, its fresh to see women act so" masculine", they are warriors, its cool, like medival amazon women (with both breast intact, lol)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

yea and i also like that kind of style, it's a shonen manga definitely.. and the way the writer makes the world divided into 4 territory that each one is ruled by one special kakuseisha, like riful of the west, lucera of the south and isley of the north or made me remembered to yu yu hakusho! i personally guess that raki would be a strong character later in the story.. :roll:
itada19

Post by itada19 »

Mmm... Great Teacher Onizuka!