Christmas presents!

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Merri
Posting Freak

Christmas presents!

Post by Merri »

What are you going to give as Christmas presents?

For my girlfriend, I'm going to give a coffee cup warmer. She is a coffee freak, so I hope it'll be of use for her. It should be able to keep coffee in 35 degrees Celsius :)
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

A book, chocolate, CD...haen't got everything yet though. Too stressful!
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Small things since i'm travelling and can't afford to take a lot..mainly beauty things and chocolates.
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

Christmas? 9_9

In the matter of presents, i take it more over to the 3 wise kings. I am not sure if its a general holiday or just local, that the presents we give and receive are an homenage and/or metaphor to the gifts given to Jebus.

In any case we celebrate both, at least in the border where culture and parties get mixed up :D

Returning to the original point: hmm............... i am not sure, i was thinking of getting a cd player to my little bro! :wacko:

Usually i like to make things myself, since it gives a personal feeling to the gift, but then again who doesnt want a cdwalkman! XD

"FELIZ NAVIDAD" <--- Spanish version of Merri Xmas ^^

PS. Merri, if you are lucky, google will give lots of hits with your nick around this holiday no? :lol:
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I don't know, I am pretty well up in the Google, but my domain lacks links and stuff at the moment :/ Too much work to make it all nice and smooth atm. But no, I haven't seen a peak yet.
Tenson

Post by Tenson »

Hi!
In the Hispanic world we give and receive gifts the 6th of January. In that holiday we remember when the Three Wise Kings gave their presents to Jesus, as Chibi said.
Santa has nothing to do with us! :P :lol:
What I'm gonna give? I'm not really sure yet :roll:
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

So, you marry someone from the non-Hispanic world and so have TWO gift-giving parties and get a lot of presents?
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

@_@

For me its actually like that! XD

Like 3/4 of my family are latin, but since we are so close to the border the culture gets all weird, sorta like when they invented hanukaxmas or something (what is happening to traditions? T~T).

When i was a little shrimp, i went to my grandmas at xmas with my family (party, presents, happy time ^^) and in wise kings day (for a better term) I got bonus presents just for being another holiday! :D

"But the most important and the one fact i sherish the most is that feeling of a united family" :maaya:
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I just got my first Christmas present and as it wasn't in any paper, I know what it is. I got a jogging suit (or whatever) with a text "SUOMI" on it and a small golden lion on the left arm side (the Finnish lion). I guess now I should start jogging or do some other easy training of some kind... :roll:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

I got a presant in the post today ^^ can't wait! I'm not going to open it it yet though! It's from my friend in Japan :D