Piano

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Piano

Post by Imurann »

Hi, hm.. :oops:

Could you recommend to me a good electric piano with 88 keys, which has good touch experience, which the key touch is almost like a grand piano weight.. and has high quality output..

Cant afford yet the Grand Piano.. and mum probably wondered why I wanted one in my room.. XD

I love the piano.

(I could check in the Shops, but if there is a recommendations.. I would love to hear)

Tried Guitars .. mm not that good.. but keyboards and piano, kinda okay with it.. plus my right brain hemisphere kinda had a good play, while playing and tapping on the keys..

XD just for fun maybe, but I love quality sounds..
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
Jérôme.

Post by Jérôme. »

I really think that if you're not a piano player already, any model with decent money would be okay for your criterias...

Yamaha make very good ones in general. Randomly, try the DGX630 :)
:angel: Life is on Maayas, and the posts are hope and promise... :angel:
RaveD

Post by RaveD »

Personally I like Roland better.

I have a Roland RD-700SX.

By now Roland has come with a new model, Roland RD-700NX. If you want an electric STAGE piano, you should definitely go with Yamaha or Roland. If you want one that actually looks like a piano, there are other brands as well.
All glory to the hypnotoad!

RaveD's YouTube channel
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

Do not, I repeat DO NOT. Get anything by M Audio. It will be a complete waste of money. Stick with Roland if you can afford it. Otherwise Yamaha, just like RaveD said. Most other stuff is really badly weighted and clunky. Roland has the best feel but Yamaha has the best sound IMO.

Always, always try it out before you buy. I made the mistake and I'm stuck with an M Audio piece of crap that has the most awful crappy weighting and sampling I've ever heard. It isn't playable.
If you have any poo, better fling it now.
RaveD

Post by RaveD »

[quote="misssakura"]Roland has the best feel[/quote]
Roland is too light. However, Yamaha is even lighter. So I agree that Roland has a better feel. It is easier to bring out dynamics on a Roland.

[quote="misssakura"]but Yamaha has the best sound IMO.[/quote]
The sound is really personal. I have heard the new piano banks in the Roland RD 700NX and they sound a lot better now than the models from four years ago. I remember thinking four years ago that the Yamaha sounded slightly better, but I have not heard their new model so I guess you would have to listen to both in the store.

And remember, they always have great sound equipment in the store and it is very spatious, which means the sound comes out a lot better than in your own house. One way to really check the sound would be to bring headphones (no in-ear ones).

RaveD's YouTube channel
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

can anybody find out what type of piano that kanno-sensei usually use??
it sounded deep and beautiful... or is it because her finger play??
well, take an example.. from this video here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlgttFH40Pw
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
RaveD

Post by RaveD »

Considering it is a grand piano, it might not even be hers (but in ownership of the location where she was playing).

Kajiura Yuki uses a Roland RD-700GX by the way. It has the same sound banks as my piano. It is newer than the SX (mine), but older than the NX (newest model).

RaveD's YouTube channel
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

waahh.. i c... okay then the piano that kanno-sensei in songs such as.. uchuu hikoushi no uta.. which the piano sounds so strong.. *besides the synths* >.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Imurann
Posting Freak

RE: Piano

Post by Imurann »

Mm.. still a newbie, maybe a CASIO CTK 700 would do?

It has that sleak black looks.. I kinda like it :D

@Roland RD-700GX

88 keys.. sure cost a bomb.. haha
Last edited by Imurann on 2010-09-20 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
RaveD

Post by RaveD »

Imurann wrote:@Roland RD-700GX

88 keys.. sure cost a bomb.. haha
Not really... an acoustic piano is still a lot more expensive. And the digital ones have a few advantages:

- You can use headphones, so no trouble with the neighbours.
- Stage piano's weigh up to about 25 kilo. Easy to re-locate them!
- You never have to tune them.
- Cheap. Even the good ones!

RaveD's YouTube channel
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

Here's a list of Piano that is available (probably is a convenience for me to buy from this guy)

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/649647

Hm.. I'm all ears for suggestions :)

I'm currently asking him to short list the keyboards which are under my budget range, just a newbie here, so I would not directly spend most of my money on this contraption :3

Btw, I found that Roland keyboard models.. okay, I thought they've hard to come by in my country here XD
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »