Music reccomendations?

Place for non-Maaya topics.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Music reccomendations?

Post by dillpops »

I feel out of the loop with Western music, does anyone have anything they'd care to reccomend me? My radio station setting is Radio 1 which means it's the most mainstream of mainstream but I am open to giving anything or anyone a listen. :cool:
Kem

RE: Music reccomendations?

Post by Kem »

What kind of music do you like? Do you like catchy, pop stuff? If so, I like Lady Gaga/Katy Perry kind of stuff when I feel in a "pop" mood. I also enjoy a few songs by Ke$ha, but not most of her stuff.

If you want something that just sounds nice to listen to, I would look into Adele (her "19" album is beautiful!), OneRepublic, or The Script. They all make really nice, chill kind of albums.
I like cereal.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Well, I do like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga so yes, catchy pop is good. But I like the singles of all the people you've mentioned. Perhaps I'll try listening to all of Adele's album. I only know 'Chasing Pavements' really (but I do like it!)

Recently I've been listening to Ellie Goulding and Paramore's new album...not very similar so you see why I'm open to anything!
Kem

Post by Kem »

I really like '19' a lot! One of my favorite songs ever (Hometown Glory) is on that album. I would definitely recommend it! I think she has a new album coming out sometime after the new year that I'm looking forward to. I hope it's as good as '19'!

I also forgot to mention Seal! I usually take every opportunity I can to convince people to listen to Seal, so I'm not sure how he slipped my mind... He has some pretty good albums, though. 'Human Being', 'System', and '6: Commitment' (his newest one) are probably my favorites. 'IV' is pretty good, too. If you want to try something a little different, you might like him!

I'm not very familiar with Ellie Goulding or Paramore... I guess I'm learning about new music, too! I'll have to look into them, for sure.
I like cereal.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

i want a band like savage garden to popped around again, since i luv em!
though i'm not sure that darren has quit music anyway... but the broke has really sad me when it happened a few years ago..
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I start listening again to "Everywhere" ♫ today.. still the new year fresh in my mind, but I felt really-really close with this song.. I feel like marrying this year.. not sure, but just excited..

Just went to a friend's engagement ring giving today, perhaps that what's causing this mood.. ah.. I hope mum doesn't mind if I put up Maaya's song during my own wedding in the near future. Everything is still a mystery, not knowing who to love, or what to expect from the day-in and outs of life..

Aaah.. 2011 is just starting to unfold, but I felt that there will be many beautiful memories. Falling in love.. ♫

Pure white, that's the theme. Magisterial clothings.. somehow I felt like my heart is going to melt.. XD
Hope my wish will come true, it has been too long.. just too long waiting for her.. My friend said that, he just knew his future spouse for 2 months, and decided to go for her.. Perhaps that is how I'll meet up as well..

Mum said, she would like me to wait until I'm 29 (left 3 more years).. but I kinda just want to grant the girl's wish, whenever she wants it to happen. Since I only left my mother, I let her meet up with okasan, she is very sporting and loves to sing. Any daughter is lucky to have her as a friend.

Ah.. *blush* ~
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
gradualpetrify

Post by gradualpetrify »

i can recommend you a very gentle song. its full of love & comprehension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Keep it clean, please, gradualpetrify. ^^;;;
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

gradual... -__
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

japanese still allowed??
i found this singer to be brilliant!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T1C74bJ4Aw
R.I.P eri kawai-san... magic voice that is.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Thank you guys! Recently I heard this song in Starbucks and really liked it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKbS0dB-d_E
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

a song from my country.. it has maaya flavour of music.. or kind of kanno's type of music.
check this out.. the title "pesawatku" means my plane :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ5MpG06iX8

the song's quite interesting dilly.. ;)
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-03-04 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

http://youtu.be/hTZ-9HWDKno

Really enjoying this at the moment. The drama was so-so, really awesome bits with a lot of filler. But the music was class :D