J-drama and K-dramas?

Place for non-Maaya topics.
dillpops
Posting Freak

J-drama and K-dramas?

Post by dillpops »

Is anyone else currently watching any? For the past six months I had been completely head over heels for Korean dramas watching several in succession:

Goong - Princess Hours
My Girl
Personal Taste
You're Beautiful
Mary Stayed Out all Night
Coffee Prince
My name is Kim Sam Soon

But then the new 2011 spring Japanese dramas came out and suddenly I can't get enough of them - it's also helpful to manage my slightly obsessive personality because they come out weekly (with the K-dramas I end up binging and then having withdrawal haha) but this season I'm really enjoying:

Shiawase ni narou yo
Jin 2
Asuko March

And, a little more embarrassing I find I'm quite liking Rebound! and Muscle Girl...both are equally cheap and ridiculous though.

Does anyone else have any favourite dramas? Feel free to post about Chinese and Taiwanese/other Asian dramas as well if you have any you like. My only Taiwanese drama in the past year was both seasons of 'Itazura na kiss' and 'They kiss again' but it was dubbed in Japanese confusingly so I sort of count it as a J-drama...
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

RE: J-drama and K-dramas?

Post by kirei_lanford »

I haven't watch j-doramas since since a couple of months back...
the last dorama i watched was "Mother" and it's a great show starring an amazing 6 year old kid, Michiki Rena (her name in the film actually)

My all-time fave, though, still fall to "Beautiful Life" with all of the unforgettable scenes and dialogues.. It definitely ranks in the heaven.. Then there's that simple heartwarming daily story.. a human dorama, "Yasashii Jikan"... well you can guess how quick is the pace of the dorama from the title itself... :)

Other great shows that i could remember including "14 Sai no Haha" which stars shida mirai as 14 year-old mother.. Everything was right until the last episodes where the scenes became a little bit odd.. but the start were quite good. Also other Kimuya Takura's doramas (since he's my ultimate favorite actor) such as "Long Vacation", "Love Generation" and "Pride". One could say those were great romance doramas easily...

Some of the "less heavy" ones including "My Boss My Hero", which filled with idiotic scenes from that huge guy *forgot his name :P , then "Nodame Cantabile" which i think you've already know.. and "Kekkon Dekinai Otoko" starring a 40 year-old-man, eccentric guy Kuwano Shinsuke (Hiroshi Abe) acted as a guy who have this odd ideal about relationship with people and about marriage....

Some of the sad dorama including "Summer Snow" with an ending that could tear you apart along with that beautiful soundtrack from Sissel and "Ichi Ritoru Namida".. well no need to go for detail for this title.

Another type of brilliance to me was "Proposal Daisakusen" which features a man that keeps jumping backward to times in order to save his love.. Love the ending and the sequel (special) edition :)

Some of the newer ones i watch including "Love Shuffle" which was a fairly good one.. but nothing really special and "Tsuki no Koibito", quite disappointing, sadly if compared with other Kimura Takuya dorama standard, but still worth to watch. Shinohara Ryoko is madness XD..

by the way dilly.. which one of the new doramas that you find good and really worth to watch..?
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2011-05-23 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Probably 'Shiawase ni narou yo' is the best quality, the others are all fairly standard and formulaic but 'Shiawase ni narou yo' has a great cast, great script and the actor's performances are not over-exaggerated like a lot of Jdramas. It's really natural.

I'd also reccomend 'Orange Days' or 'Kekkon dekinai otoko' for being similarly subtle in the performances of the cast :) all good quality!
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

those.. i've already watched those too.. :D
okay.. so "shiawase ni narou yo"... i need to find it by the time i get back home later.. on a travel right now...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

LOL if you don't mind cheesey then I enjoyed 'Zettai Kareshi' as well ;) but yes, out of the new season 'Shiawase...' is my favourite. Although I won't say I didn't enjoy the first few episodes of 'Asuko march' (might be bit girly for a guy though........it's like a shojo manga!)
ct760ster

Post by ct760ster »

Wonder if somebody stumble upon this http://asianmediawiki.com/Nihonjin_no_Shiranai_Nihongo
:P
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Guys I'm really enjoying 49 Days :D
ct760ster

Post by ct760ster »

Do you mean you're half way trought http://asianmediawiki.com/99_days_with_ ... 9_Nichi%29 :huh:

:P

Oh! I found the correct TV series http://asianmediawiki.com/49_Days_%2820 ... n_Drama%29 :cool: It's plot seems very interesting and similar to the anime of 'Kobato.' regarding the collection of drop of tears or kompfaito of hearts ;)
Last edited by ct760ster on 2012-01-10 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
ct760ster

Post by ct760ster »

Currently watching and enjoying City Hunter http://www.yaentertainment.com/productd ... 0604001326 :cool:
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Arrgh I need to watch it >_<
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

better watch the anime version (or read the manga) for city hunter,....
he's not like ryo at all, the good ol' pervaat ryo saeba.. who somehow become one of my role model during the high school days XD
ct760ster

Post by ct760ster »

Currently watching Nasu: Suitcase no Wataridori

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDDio4C6SIU[/video]

;)

Maaya neesan play a charming character in this animation :blush:
ct760ster

Post by ct760ster »

I wonder if anyone stumbled upon this Kami no Shizuku :sleepy:

It's really good, a must see for any.

:)
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

Post by kirei_lanford »

lol its a dorama about wine :D
ct760ster

Post by ct760ster »

This site has a good ammount of quality korean's and japaneses' doramas with a lot of subtitles in different languages in a niconico format, although the primary language is italian you can change the default to whichever you want so enjoy ;)

http://it.viki.com/channels/1820-city-h ... deos/43080