Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

Place for non-Maaya topics.
chibiNekomancer

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

Post by chibiNekomancer »

Well not exactly an anime... yet! XD

As background news (*) Maaya will sing the first ending to this new anime; altough not much was said about the series in itself :p

I only know its sorta like a alter CLAMP universe where Sakura and Syaoran are the main characters, but many others appear from other series... including that rabbit ball thing called Mokona. Both Sakura and Lee are grown up (teens?), leaving behind the CCS style to a more xXxholic kinda look.

I have searched for some anime style images, but still yet to appear. As for the manga, well it has great art, but i have not read it yet, so no review here ^^u

* http://maayas.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=117
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

Just look here.
A BeeTrain anime based on CLAMP manga by the Noir/.hack/Madlax team (director/char designer/music). The mind boggles.
Sora

Post by Sora »

(about Maaya in the website linked :)
"Skills & Abilities:
Speaks fluent Japanese and English
"

Hontou..? o_O ???
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

As far as I know, Maaya is good in pronouncing English, but doesn't understand much (didn't she write to I.D. that Steve Conte wrote to her a lot in one point, but she couldn't understand...)

This is funny, I make a place where we can talk about something else than Maaya and we end up talking about Maaya. We're hopeless! :roll:
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Maaya isn't fluent ^^ when Nikopachi was released she said she couldn't reply to stevge's emails because she didn't speak english ^^

I love Tsubasa, I read the manga but XXXholic is better!
Sora

Post by Sora »

[quote="Merri"]As far as I know, Maaya is good in pronouncing English, but doesn't understand much (didn't she write to I.D. that Steve Conte wrote to her a lot in one point, but she couldn't understand...)

This is funny, I make a place where we can talk about something else than Maaya and we end up talking about Maaya. We're hopeless! :roll:[/quote]
Ahhhh, no, I'M hopeless^^;;;;
☆NIKOPACHI☆ Love and... Peace !! \(^O^)/
Merri
Posting Freak

Post by Merri »

I noticed the same thing, but when I tried to post my reply, the server seemed to be down for a moment. So I didn't post about it :D
Now stuck in programming JavaScript
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Because we love Maaya ^^V

Too bad she's not doing any of the VA's. Are the original CCS seiyuu reprising their roles do we know? I don't know the original cast so cannot compare. Anyway...hope this will be Kanno-ised as an ED!
chibiNekomancer

Post by chibiNekomancer »

[quote="dillpops"]Because we love Maaya ^^V

Too bad she's not doing any of the VA's. Are the original CCS seiyuu reprising their roles do we know? I don't know the original cast so cannot compare. Anyway...hope this will be Kanno-ised as an ED![/quote]

I look forward to the ending too, is there any official info on it? or just hopes that it will be a Kanno song?

It would be weird that Sakura would have the same voice, altough not improbable, knowing some other series.

Thx for link, first pic of anime Tsubasa ^^

As for the series, some girl did not like it because she said it was non Sakura focused, and more like a CLAMP cross over chaos. As for me, im just curious to read xXxHolic (is it related or a original story?).[/i]
Neko ga Suki na Anata to
Inu ga Suki na Watashi
-- Neko to Inu, Maaya Sakamoto
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Well if you read fanfiction and know what an AU fic is then you'll have no problem with 'Tsubasa'. Basically, it's the characters from Cardcaptor Sakura but in a completely different dimension, they have the same personalities and names but the context is different.

The focus is not on Sakura but on Li trying to find all the pieces of Sakura's memory which have been shattered across the millions of different dimensions. They have to travel through the alternate realities of the world to find her memories. Some of these worlds are the universes that are depicted in other CLAMP mangas and include characters from other mangas e.g.

- RG Vega's world is shown
- Chii from Chobits makes a cameo
- Mokono from Rayearth has an important role
- Tomoyo from CCS appears in a different world as a Princess
- Yukito and Toya's different versions appear in several dimensions

So it's like a RESERVOIR of Clamp characters, if you get the joke ^_~ I think it's the best series they could have done for their 15th Anniversary, right? Showcase all their old characters and bring in hew one in a diffeent and original way. It's like they've fanfiction'd or doushinji'd themselves.

As for XXXholic that's set in the 'normal' CLAMP world where Cardcaptor Sakura ORIGINALLY is. So this is the MAIN dimension I think of CLAMP. Anyway, it crosses over with 'Tsubasa' although it's a seperate manga and many CLAMP items also appear:

- Original Cardcaptor Sakura's Clow stick
- Clow Reed is mentioned
- a boy medium who has a very close relationship with his twin sister is mentioned (however I do not know the reference)
- a Kero stuffed toy appears
- Li from CCS's magic detection board thing appears
- Mokono from Rayearth again
- a different version of Yukito and Toya in a shop as workers

Basically XXXholic is about a boy who sees spirits is indentured to a witch to repay the debt he owes her for getting rid of his spiritual sight. THe witch is Yuuko who grants wishes. This is where it crosses over with 'Tsubasa' = Li appears with lifeless Sakura and asks Yuuko to help him get her memories back. Yuuko agrees but in return Li must pay a heavy price. Then Li sets off on his quest for her memories and every so often in XXXholic we see into the Tsubasa universe when Li communicates back to Yuuko os his progress.

I hope that wasn't confusing ^^;;;;;;
Bazaa

Post by Bazaa »

I just went yay when I saw that Yuki Kajiura is going to make the music <3 <3 <3 Well, if it was Yoko Kanno it would be :D but well, I love them both.
No matter how much the people in this world hurry,
You can still catch me
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

Well then we should assume that the ED will also be, Yuki's too right? So then this will be the first time Yuki and Maaya have worked together :D I like her music and Yoko Kannos (I like Kanno's more though) but I'm really interested now to see what Yuki pulls out for Maaya.

I love the Noir soundtrack...
roxfan

Post by roxfan »

[quote="dillpops"]Well then we should assume that the ED will also be, Yuki's too right?[/quote]
Not necessarily. It looks like Kajiura prefers to work with her own singers for OP/EDs (Chiba Saeko and Nanri Yuuka). Mai-HiME's OP/ED were not written by her. RahXephon OP was not by Hashimoto. Maaya's OP for RoLW TV was written by Kanno, but not the BGM. Et cetera et cetera.
On the other hand, there were a few non-Kanno anime songs sung by Maaya, like Risky&Safety theme. And some of Kanno's singers did work with Kajiura too (Tulivu-Donna Cumberbatch and Emily Bindinger).
So I say it's unlikely but not impossible :)
misssakura

Post by misssakura »

I think Yuki works with her own singers generally beacuse see-saw are always around to cheaply do songs....I think if she got offered other singers she wouldn't turn it down...
dillpops
Posting Freak

Post by dillpops »

[quote="roxfan"][quote="dillpops"]Well then we should assume that the ED will also be, Yuki's too right?[/quote]
Not necessarily. It looks like Kajiura prefers to work with her own singers for OP/EDs (Chiba Saeko and Nanri Yuuka). Mai-HiME's OP/ED were not written by her. RahXephon OP was not by Hashimoto. Maaya's OP for RoLW TV was written by Kanno, but not the BGM. Et cetera et cetera.
On the other hand, there were a few non-Kanno anime songs sung by Maaya, like Risky&Safety theme. And some of Kanno's singers did work with Kajiura too (Tulivu-Donna Cumberbatch and Emily Bindinger).
So I say it's unlikely but not impossible :) [/quote]

Good point. Although it would be interesting o see the combination of Kajiura/Sakamoto...