Time machine

Place for non-Maaya topics.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Time machine

Post by Imurann »

Wasn't any much activities here on this forums, so I guess let's do a recap of the music we once listen to from way back.. I really mean, way.. back.

Little that I knew, I didn't pay much attention to Shounen Alice (album).. I mean, it totally drop off the radar. Then I start listening to them again, and said "Oh how sweet this is.. :heart: "

I know right..

Then it was 23ji no ongaku, another lovely piece of music. I personally love fado, it has that "question-n-answer" thing going on..

Purachina totally dropped from my radar, as if I grown up from it totally.. was more into Everywhere, Boku no hanbun, and Buddy.. which are more mind challenging to imagine about. Akai skirt, Kimidori, Yucca, T-Shirts.. were all time favorite.. but were replaced by the newer songs.

Imaginativeness.. aging.. realism..

Then there was the chain-link songs, matters of dreams, daydreams.. which tells a hidden story, within stories. Sidelines of words.. that even the songwriter doesn't wish to talk about.. (lol) I really love them, spend many hours and never regretted even a single one of them.

I even trace out into other neighboring singers, May'n, Miki Imai, Elisa, Meg. Nakajima, SFP, Radwimps, Etsuko.. made it more interesting and vast, like an expanding universe within the mind.

But I still love the songs which said "doesn't fit in any album" the stand-alone types.. which were at a class of their own. So far she only made two. Deep and meaningful, worth to study on.. plus its her original writing, that tells me of whom she really is.. I love to put Tune the Rainbow as the third song, but perhaps it has a special place elsewhere with Everywhere instead.. love songs should always be together.. alone, they must not be..

Listener since 1998, some of the new fans here were still a baby when we started listening ^^
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
kirei_lanford
Posting Freak

RE: Time machine

Post by kirei_lanford »

To me some of maaya's songs are impossible to fade with time.
They have been like theme of my life.... Like when doing some activity when i'm feeling down or have a bad day, songs like Dive, Hikari no naka e, Kaze ga Fuki hi,.... Most of them are the slower ones.. I guess because my heart beat is so identic to the tempo of the song and my mind are filled with emotion and story from within the song. Since 2000.
Last edited by kirei_lanford on 2014-04-18 07:42, edited 1 time in total.
just close your eyes and follow your HEART --> vanished to dust T.
Scoop

Post by Scoop »

I guess this is as good place as any to tell my Maaya story.

Time machine would take me to 2002. Rahxephon was the new hot anime and Hemisphere the opening theme. Still my favorite anime today. I thought Hemisphere was a really good song back then, but for some reason I didn't bother finding out more about Maaya back then. A little later, I also liked Tune the rainbow which was the Rahxephon movie ending theme. 2002 was the year I got into anime and japanese music through a friend. So that year or maybe the next I watched Escaflowne and again I liked the opening song yakusoku wa iranai. But I don't think I even made the connection that it was Maaya again. Back then I didn't even know that Maaya was also a seiyuu in both of them. I watched Wolf's Rain and the same thing, what Maaya who? Gravity?

See I was listening to a lot of Ayumi Hamasaki back then, she was the first japanese singer I heard. I didn't think too much about the songs in anime, or thought they were just songs made for the shows. Even though they were good at times.

Ok fast forward to 2011. I had been listening to ayumi, ai otsuka, hitomi, do as infinity, tsukiko amano for the past years, and had gotten sick of ayumi, ai otsuka was pretty much done with music and I wanted to try something new. So I stumbled across Maaya's You can't catch me album so I decided to give it a go. It also came with some live songs from her Gift concert. I hadn't forgotten about Hemisphere which was one of those live songs. Thought the album was ok and the live songs were great. I've always liked concerts more than albums, I think Maaya's voice in particular is so much better live than on albums. So anyway, later I found out there was a whole concert on DVD (the 15th memorial....). I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Then for some reason I started to get back to it, watching it many times until one day I just realized, wow, this is the best concert I've ever seen/heard. Just amazing stuff. And I've been a fan since.

Funny thing about that Hemisphere live version on You can't catch me. It was before I had watched the concert, I invited some friends over whom I had watched the Rahxephon series with like almost ten years ago. I asked whether they would remember this song and put it on. They recognized it from the very first piano notes of the song and were blown away by it just like I was. It's just an amazing song.

I guess that wraps it up. Nowadays looking forward to every new release from Maaya. Wish I could go to her concert one day but that probably won't happen since I don't live in Japan and stuff but anyway, hope someone found this interesting :D
Imurann
Posting Freak

Post by Imurann »

I think Maaya's voice in particular is so much better live than on albums
Yes, she occasionally place more finesse in her voice during the live concerts, as production recordings are more technical as it was distributed though albums and singles.

She was by far, currently the flagship of Japan's perfectionist in voice recording. I do not need to hear every Jpop singer to know this. But she is a humble creature.. a class of her own. That was why, we decided to stay, as her fans/friends/companions etc. While she continues to improve, giving us spirit to also improve in our own lives.

I believe, all of the keen listeners are connected to each other. It was evolving to a higher state than a family connection, perhaps even more. Who knows right?

I have memorized almost all of her songs, not all, almost 90%..
Its worth the stay :)

I currently revisiting some old songs: Ongaku, Ame ga furu and Vector.. awesome piece of music.
Leave me a message if you notice someone spamming over here, I'll clean it up for you.
rida.rwp

Post by rida.rwp »

Imurann wrote:
I think Maaya's voice in particular is so much better live than on albums
Yes, she occasionally place more finesse in her voice during the live concerts, as production recordings are more technical as it was distributed though albums and singles.

She was by far, currently the flagship of Japan's perfectionist in voice recording. I do not need to hear every Jpop singer to know this. But she is a humble creature.. a class of her own. That was why, we decided to stay, as her fans/friends/companions etc. While she continues to improve, giving us spirit to also improve in our own lives.

I believe, all of the keen listeners are connected to each other. It was evolving to a higher state than a family connection, perhaps even more. Who knows right?

I have memorized almost all of her songs, not all, almost 90%..
Its worth the stay :)

I currently revisiting some old songs: Ongaku, Ame ga furu and Vector.. awesome piece of music.
I am also listening the old songs since a month.
Imurann
Posting Freak

Re: Time machine

Post by Imurann »

Hi Rida, welcome :)

you can elaborate a bit more on the song list.. mm say how about your current favorite Maaya song (or list)
psst, there is actually smaller groups here but mostly the boys are always one group haha (I actually made a pattern on what boys like, and which songs girls likes) just from personal observation.

the girls are mostly on Maaya's team, it has a specific song type that normally boys wouldnt like. lol
- example: yubiwa and.. I cant remember all of it now (need help here lol)

the boys, would usually like the anime themed songs (not all, but most of us boys will like them)
- example: any anime related op/ed theme
---

I like her, maaya's complicated song lyric.. so I'm in her special research group (tho I guess so far I notice, I was the only one) I would not wish to elaborate, cause I fear I might sound a bit crazy XD
Softgrip

Re: Time machine

Post by Softgrip »

Loving to listen Latest Song And Interesting to Find Education Staff http://result2018.pk